Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know about young Jonny Evans, nothing more refreshing than a young'un breaking through and making a name for himself at your beloved club. I'm just a little worried that the kid mightn't progress and reach his amazing potential unless he's playing the game on a weekly basis. We already have 2 out of the top 5 center halfs in the world at the club ahead of him. My only concern is Rio has 4 good years ahead of him and 7.
It would be a waste to leave this kid go, but an even bigger waste having a potential world class center half on the bench every week.

So i ask you whats your thoughts, do we play him just when Rio or Vida is injuried or banned. I just think it's a shame having this kid warm the bench. I'm gonna be bold and say that he can be better than Rio ever was in about 5 years. Do we leave this kid rot on the bench and play only when someone is injuried, do we play him on the right back spot but that would stop the progress of Rafael.

I know people won't agree with this and people will just say he'll make our team in a few years but i just hate seen good kids starved of first team action. I know it's a good thing that we have three amazing center halfs to pick from but this is a young man's career we could be messing with. Can you see Fergie selling Rio or Vidic and bringing this kid in, stranger things have happened eh.

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fergie also has no hesitation to move elder players on if he thinks there is a young kid who can come in and do a better job, he's done it plenty of times before.
That's exactly what i was thinking because Fergie is the type of man that buds careers. We all have been shocked in the past with some of Fergie's sledgings ( Stam, RVN, Becks ). If he see's a hungry kid that has potential they will get there chance and thats why Fergie is the best manager in the business.

Could you see him selling a first Center halfs to gain cash to strenghten another position? I'm just saying stranger things have happened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts