Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Manchester United's injured reserve keeper Ben Foster has gotten a sterling vote of confidence from probably the all-time goalkeeping greats.

A cruciate knee ligament has prevented the 24-year-old from making an impact at Old Trafford this season, since returning from a successful loan spell at Watford, but Banks has already seen more than enough to be convinced that Foster will soon be a regular at Wembley.

"We are going through a bad time with keepers," acknowledged the World Cup winner, "but the lad I like most — and he's not playing at the moment — is Ben Foster.

"When he was on loan at Watford last season he looked very good.

"I hope they can get him fit as soon as possible because I think he's England's next No1."

Manchester United supremo Sir Alex Ferguson recently conceded that Foster's recovery from a cruciate ligament injury is taking longer than has been originally hoped.

The promising young keeper damaged his knee last spring and despite undergoing corrective surgery in June, he is still a ways away from offering giving Edwin Van Der Sar a run for his money.

The player himself has admitted that the road to recovery has been far from easy.

“I've been injured since May and when you can't do what you're paid to do it's massively frustrating†he recently told the club's official website.

·
23,699 Posts
An Open Letter to Foster

Dear Foster,

Please come back fast. Although you are hardly around, believe us, we still miss you badly.

We (some, if not, most of us) have no confidence and can't stand Kuczcak. He always seems to be able to catch the ball only on the second attempt, sending a cold chill down our spines. Make us always wonder why. And he looks so dazed, anxious and nervous too. How do we know? By his eyes.

We wish you an ultra-speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

And just to let you know, the legendary Gorden Banks sees you as England's No. 1. And VDS is only on 1-year contracts only. So be encouraged, for your future is very bright indeed.

Love,
(Some, if not, most fans.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts