Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just watched Gordon Taylor confirm the FA are not happy with the current transfer situation.

He went on to ridicule Manchester City for there behaviour during the globel financel crisis.

He went on to suggest that it will have massive reprocutions on world football with players demanding wages be brought in line with Kaka's alleged £500,000 a week wages.

He as question whether the deal involving the Abu dabi delegation was a long term loan and when they decide to leave will they leave City in financle ruin.

Finally he admited Uefa were looking into a financle cap that they are looking to make clubs spend and pay only within there means of earnings .

Whats your opinion on Gordon Taylors views and do we think the FA are ready to step in on the situation ?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think the FA should have made these comments before the Premier League let Abu Dhabi pass their fit & proper persons test. They were always going to try and turn Manchester City into a fantasy team and the only reason Taylor is making these comments now is because various club owners and managers have been voicing their concerns in the media over the weekend. Too little, too late Mr Taylor.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
at last gordon taylor speaks some sense, in the past i had had nothing but contempt for some of his views on the game but at last people are starting to realise what could happen if it all goes wrong it wont just affect one club it would affect us all. the major problem i think we as united have critcising others is the way are own club has been financed since the takeover- any rules or regulations could have serious consequences for us aswell

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sad thing is that the City fans are blind to it lol!!

They have had such a lack of glory they believe its all rosey . But I think this could be the end of City if arnt carefull.

Ive had loads of arguements with City fans of late all claiming the same thing United have spent big for years.

But there wrong we have spent and payed within our means .

A few have already said it the FA have left it too late my only hope is the Kaka deal falls through and the FA and Uefa step up the campaign against it .

It has to be stopped for the good of the game City dont realise it but they about to ruin world football.

Z

·
0 Posts
City fans don't care. I've heard some of them say 'the glory days are coming back' :p

They seem to be under the impression that they deserve to be winning trophies, despite half filling their stadium for years and generally being scumbags who sing Munich songs. They couldn't sell their season tickets in the Summer, but as soon as they got took over they sold another few thousand in a week.

I went to watch them get battered by Forest in the cup a few weeks ago and all they did for 90 minutes was slag their own players off. They really are a bunch of horrible cnuts who deserve to be in financial ruin, not winning trophies.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
-zuco- said:
City fans don't care. I've heard some of them say 'the glory days are coming back' :p

They seem to be under the impression that they deserve to be winning trophies, despite half filling their stadium for years and generally being scumbags who sing Munich songs. They couldn't sell their season tickets in the Summer, but as soon as they got took over they sold another few thousand in a week.

I went to watch them get battered by Forest in the cup a few weeks ago and all they did for 90 minutes was slag their own players off. They really are a bunch of horrible cnuts who deserve to be in financial ruin, not winning trophies.
Can you believe the bloody irony of those fans.

Man when the Glazers took over, I got sooo much stick from rival fans, it was not funny.

Especially on some sites at the time from Man city fans. They were ALL OVER the United fans. Cussings us out, calling the club soulless and what have you.

i really effing hurt man. I'm not going to go into the Glazers' ownership, but the behaviour of these Man City fans is just so ****ing hypocritical.

Look at them now. They're dressing up like sheiks carrying around computer-printed money and making a joke out of it.

Who are the soulless people now?

Who are the glory-hunters now. I remember watching on TV how man united fans protested against the take-over and wishe I was there.

When Frank bought the club, I didn't read about one single protest.

I didn't see one single protest on TV.

The gall of these ass kissers....

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedForceRising said:
Can you believe the bloody irony of those fans.

Man when the Glazers took over, I got sooo much stick from rival fans, it was not funny.

Especially on some sites at the time from Man city fans. They were ALL OVER the United fans. Cussings us out, caling the club soulless and what have you.

i really effing hurt man. I'm not going to go into the Glazers' ownership, but the behaviour of these Man City fans is just so ****ing hypocritical.

Look at them now. They're dressing up like sheiks carrying arounted computer-printed money and making a joke out of it.

Who are the soulless people now?

Who are the glory-hunters now. I remember watching on TV how man united fans protested against the take-over and wishe I was there.

When Frank bought the club, I didn't read about one single protest.

I didn't see one single protest on TV.

The gall of these ass kissers....

Mate I was part of a march before the Ac milan match in 2003 and it was wicked the police marched us all the way down from lancashire cricket ground it started a few thousand and ended up with nearly the capacity of the ground near the busby statue it was amazing.

But like all take overs in all walks of life you have to accept it even if you dont like it .

That was a wicked point u made I remember Liverpool fans waving american flags then they got bought out by americans the irony of it is amazing !!

And yeah city mocked us american flags and like you say they are now dressed as arabs madness !!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumped !!

Ive bumped it back up because this should be one of the main subjects in football at the moment .

·
Registered
616 Posts
The FA can have their say,but the only way this is ever going to get sorted is if FIFA step in and sort it globally,otherwise players
will just travel to country's that dont have a capping rule.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
There's nothing really that the FA or FIFA for that matter can do about this for the time being because if players are denied their requested wages, they might go on Bellamy-like strikes. Either way, it will ruin the game.

As for transfer fees, it is a bit ridiculous without the kind of release fee clauses that clubs add to player contracts. FIFA and the FA and indeed all other countries sports bdies need to fix this/

Z

·
0 Posts
I'm pretty sure that European employment law would make any moves for a salary/transfer cap illegal.

·
Registered
734 Posts
their have been people going on about salary caps for years its never going to happen. so what if city go spend millions and millions its there money if they want to go spend it let them off, yea its stupid but who are we to say no, we wer once one of the wealthiest clubs and splashed our cash, then there was chelsea now city, i say let em off chelsea didnt do global damage to football with there spending and either will city. this Kaka crap is one player and one of the best in the world if they wer offering 108 million for Bellamy and the likes it would be a bit worrying but rite now who cares.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-zuco- said:
I'm pretty sure that European employment law would make any moves for a salary/transfer cap illegal.
It does, I think its supposed to make 6+5 or one of those types of deals illegal as well.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
While I am not bothered about the Likes of Kaka going to Man City, I feel the repurcussions of this deal for Football could be very severe. There must be some form of new law sanctioned by UEFA to sort this big farce out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts