Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really into goth music but i don't know a lot lot of gothic rock bands. My favorite bands are Evanescence and Lacuna Coil. Anyone know a good goth rock band out there?

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haggler said:
fields of the nephalim
new model army
mission
the cult
Thanks mate, i'll check them out.

One more thing, i'd love it if the vocals were female.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Natalie said:
i like Evanescence
as that is mild compared to the rest
Yeah they're my favorite too. They are not too hard and have great vocals of Amy Lee. If you like Evanescence, you should try out Lacuna Coil too. They are quiet similar to Evanescence. Wonder if there are more bands like them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
red devil jeff said:
Yeah they're my favorite too. They are not too hard and have great vocals of Amy Lee. If you like Evanescence, you should try out Lacuna Coil too. They are quiet similar to Evanescence. Wonder if there are more bands like them?
You should try Opeth.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Hags my man, do you listen to Goth music? and are you a goth?
You never stop amazing me ;-)
i get a dvd every week with all the new releases on it and my taste is very wide ranging like a bit of early goth ie bauhaus,
cure etc . i have at last count about 30000 albums on mp3 as about 50 a week on these dvds and i discover new stuff all the time . anyone needs track i usually have it although i know limewire etc easy enough i never download anything myself as it ties pc up too long . have a music quiz and see how ol haggs does ;) no garage hip hop dance stuff thoug as i hate it

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
ive got them all in the 240 disc cases from svp . crackers really but im at work for 12 hours a night and most of it on my own so i can play 8 or 9 albums a shift easy . i have wired a 250 gb ext hard drive to this pc at work and play it through sony home cinema . its great as i can have it as loud as i like as we are on industrial estate . got hundreds of music dvds too , i joined love film blockbuster etc etc on free trials then dvd shrink or dvd fab them then straight back in post all it cost was the blanks !!! i am sure everyone knows how to blag dvds but if they do not there is a lovely tut here www.mrbass.org

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haggler said:
within temptation
seether
epica should be good for you too
I did listen to some tracks of those bands and they were ok especially epica was good:rolleyes: . I realised i'm more into gothic metal/symphonic metal with beauty and the beast type vocals than the older gothic rock music(man, my listnening range is really narrow lol:D ) . Maybe thats why i prefer the likes of Lacuna Coil than the older cure and fields of nephilim.

I've found a band that suits my taste it's 'After Forever'.
Thanks for your inputs, much appreciated.:p

·
Registered
42 Posts
red devil jeff said:
Sure i'll check them out. Thanks:)
They aren't really goth - more progressive metal with some death metal thrown in. But don't let that put you off, because they write some truly beautiful music.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spellbound said:
Nightwish is goth (i think :D) with a female singer.
I've listed to them and i've liked them, thanks:)

RichardsReds said:
I think Perfect Circle would be up your street. Never listened to them myself but i know what they sound like through friends.
I have some of their songs. They're not bad but not what i'm looking for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey :)

i don't know if someone told you before about the band Sirenia

the vocalist is female and they play gothic rock, they have amazing songs :rolleyes:

try them and tell me wut u think :D

hope u like it ^^

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Emma Tyler said:
hey :)

i don't know if someone told you before about the band Sirenia

the vocalist is female and they play gothic rock, they have amazing songs :rolleyes:

try them and tell me wut u think :D

hope u like it ^^
Hey,

I just checked them on youtube and they're quite good. Thanks for your reply :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts