Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferguson praises "fantastic" FletcherSir Alex Ferguson has praised Darren Fletcher after Manchester United got their first win of the season against Portsmouth on Monday.

Fletcher's deflected goal was the difference between the two teams at Fratton Park, with United running out 1-0 victors, and Ferguson was quick to praise his make-shift midfield.

With six midfield players currently out of action, the United boss was forced to play John O'Shea, Anderson, Paul Scholes and Darren Fletcher.

"We wanted to play a system in which the players we had would be comfortable in their positions and I think we used our players the right way," Ferguson told MUTV.

"Anderson wanted to play and I think he showed it was a very good decision - he was fantastic.

"Paul Scholes looked to control the game and I think he did that. We also had the energy and the qualities that both John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher bring to the team.

Fletcher is United's only goal scorer this season, having picked up the only goal against Newcastle at Old Trafford last week. He may well lose the goal he 'scored' yesterday as his shot was deflected before reaching the back of the net.

"I don't think Darren will complain about the goal [if it's taken off him] and neither will I. He's not playing in his favourite position, but he still makes a lot of good runs and has such fantastic energy. I'm really pleased to see him get the credit he deserves," Ferguson said.

"I think we've shown the quality of our squad - I've got no fears about that. The squad from last season is good enough to go on and do it again."

The United boss is now looking forward to Friday's UEFA Super Cup final against Zenit St Petersburg in Monaco.

"We want to win on Friday. Last time we played in the final [against Lazio in 1999] we played half a team as we had a league game against Newcastle three days later," Sir Alex said.

"Lazio celebrated like they'd won the World Cup - I wasn't too pleased and I said to myself that won't happen again. We'll play a strong team. Players who need the game, like Gary Neville for instance, will play on Friday. Hopefully we get the result we want."
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
"Lazio celebrated like they'd won the world cup I wasn't too pleased and I said to myself that won't happen again. We'll play a strong team. Players who need the game, like Gary Neville for instance, will play on Friday. Hopefully we get the result we want

hehehe SAF is hungry for this st petersburg beware the red devil are hungry hahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
CROoney said:
"Lazio celebrated like they'd won the World Cup - I wasn't too pleased and I said to myself that won't happen again. We'll play a strong team. Players who need the game, like Gary Neville for instance, will play on Friday. Hopefully we get the result we want."
hm.....:rolleyes:
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stephen said:
What was that for?

Neville's a great man, grat player and a great United supporter :confused:
so is saha....a great man, even better player, and a great united supporter ( if he wasn't then he would have joined another club already ) - guess what they have in common...:rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
CROoney said:
so is saha....a great man, even better player, and a great united supporter ( if he wasn't then he would have joined another club already ) - guess what they have in common...:rolleyes:
Saha isn't United through and through. He's only here for the cash.


I don't get that guys comment on wondering why Neville may play on Friday?
:confused:
 

·
TROLOLOLOL
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
CROoney said:
so is saha....a great man, even better player, and a great united supporter ( if he wasn't then he would have joined another club already )
I hope this is sarcasm,otherwise its one of the most ridiculous comments i have ever heard.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
whey, glad fergies up for it. glad im going now. was thinking id get their and it would be welbeck and campbell up top. and heaton in goal. should be worth the trip now. didnt zenit sign a new striker yesterday anyway for like 24million
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

CROonerinho, you know and I know, who you had in mind when you started this thread.....


PLEASE - It's Darren Fletcher!

He had a shot deflected in the net. Let's all take it easy. In a match or two he'll be giving away the ball cheaply, miscontrolling it, putting his team mates under pressure by passing it badly and making crosses that will be more suited to rugby than football :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
292 Posts
CROoney said:
so is saha....a great man, even better player, and a great united supporter ( if he wasn't then he would have joined another club already ) - guess what they have in common...:rolleyes:
I have to give you a score of 0 out of 3 there CROoney. I haven't seen anything from Saha to suggest that he is a great man, in fact quite the opposite he seems to be quite weak mentally and not able to cope with pressure. On too many occasions he was considered fit to start a match by the medical team at United and then Saha decides himself that he is not ready to play for some unknown reason.

I am interested to know why you think he is a United supporter. If Chelsea had offered him more money when he was at Fulham than he would of joined Chelsea and not us. Your reasoning for why you think he is a United supporter is that he could of joined another club instead but stayed, that is ridiculous reasoning. Maybe Sir Alex did not want to sell him, maybe he is so injury prone that no other club was mad enough to pay his exhorbitant wages.

Gary Neville has also had injury problems yes but he is fit and ready to play now so why do you have a problem with him CROoney? He did more than ok in the Community Shield, he has to play matches to get match fit you know. You have made yourself look a bit silly with those comments CROoney LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
Gary Neville is a molly man, he is a good player but not captain material lol
i am going to get a dogging for saying this but he really is a molly man.
If i was a player on an oposing team i would not respect Gary.
He does not deserve our captains arm band!
I dont even think the players respect him.
Give it to Rio where all the players look up to him.

And Darren Flecher has got us 4points.......... lay off him.
we know he aint ever going to be anything other than a fill in at this club so lets give him credit where its deserved. Job well done Daz
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Banana-rama said:
I have to give you a score of 0 out of 3 there CROoney. I haven't seen anything from Saha to suggest that he is a great man, in fact quite the opposite he seems to be quite weak mentally and not able to cope with pressure. On too many occasions he was considered fit to start a match by the medical team at United and then Saha decides himself that he is not ready to play for some unknown reason.

I am interested to know why you think he is a United supporter. If Chelsea had offered him more money when he was at Fulham than he would of joined Chelsea and not us. Your reasoning for why you think he is a United supporter is that he could of joined another club instead but stayed, that is ridiculous reasoning. Maybe Sir Alex did not want to sell him, maybe he is so injury prone that no other club was mad enough to pay his exhorbitant wages.

Gary Neville has also had injury problems yes but he is fit and ready to play now so why do you have a problem with him CROoney? He did more than ok in the Community Shield, he has to play matches to get match fit you know. You have made yourself look a bit silly with those comments CROoney LOL.
i'm not having a problem with gary - i'm having a problem in double standards...
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RedForceRising said:
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

CROonerinho, you know and I know, who you had in mind when you started this thread.....


PLEASE - It's Darren Fletcher!

He had a shot deflected in the net. Let's all take it easy. In a match or two he'll be giving away the ball cheaply, miscontrolling it, putting his team mates under pressure by passing it badly and making crosses that will be more suited to rugby than football :rolleyes:
so it seems you stopped watching fletcher 3 seasons ago ...
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top