Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greatest PremierLeague Strikers

*Not In Order*


  • Cantona : Hey May Not Be The Best Goal Scorer But He Had The Greatest Impact On His Team
  • BergKamp : Top Assister Top Free kicker And Nasty Goal Scorer
  • Shearer : Need More To Say, Hes Shearer
  • Andy Cole : 188 Speaks For Its Self
  • Van Nistelrooy : One Of The Best Goal Scoring Machine
  • Solskjaer : Clinical More Than Jesus
  • Henry : What A Player
  • Yorke : He Was Really Great With Aston Villa And Had Two Awesome Seasons With Us But Then He Lost His Form And Became PornStar Legend
  • Shearingham : On His Prime He Was God
  • Owen : Payed For The Scouse , Scored For The Scouse , ****ed By RealMadrid , Doomed By Injured , Still Owen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
Where is strikers like Les Ferdinand or Ian Wright?

Still, bonus points for you Abo for not having Alan Shhhhhhhhhhhhh at your list. :D
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spellbound said:
Where is strikers like Les Ferdinand or Ian Wright?

Still, bonus points for you Abo for not having Alan Shhhhhhhhhhhhh at your list. :D
les ferdinand and ian wright played at the beginning of the premierleague plus i didnt catch them , especially wright
*all players on the list are players who watched*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
Ok Wright hang up his boots in 98 when they won the double. But Les played for Spurs in 2002-03. Even if his glory days were before 2000 he's one of the best in PL unless this list was YOUR fav strikers in PL. :D
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spellbound said:
Ok Wright hang up his boots in 98 when they won the double. But Les played for Spurs in 2002-03. Even if his glory days were before 2000 he's one of the best in PL unless this list was YOUR fav strikers in PL. :D
i started watching in 1997 and only what dad watched = united
i dont remember les and as i know his prime was with QPR ;)
why no body is posting in this thread about his top EPL strikers ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
abojodeh said:
i started watching in 1997 and only what dad watched = united
i dont remember les and as i know his prime was with QPR ;)
why no body is posting in this thread about his top EPL strikers ?
Come on, his Newcastle days was the prime. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Well..... I'm tempted to be controversial and rank my personal list of greatest strikers, but will be diplomatic.

In no particular order then :rolleyes:

  • ALAN SHEARER!
  • Eric Canotna
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy
  • Ian Wright
  • Denis Bergkamp
  • Thiery Henry
  • Andy Cole
  • Les ferdinand
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
  • Matt Le Tissier - some of the sweetest goals ever!

Dwight Yorke, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Teddy Sheringham are all very good too, but have have no place in my top 10 though.... :D

If Gary Lineker had played in the prem, he'd be in there though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Well..... I'm tempted to be controversial and rank my personal list of greatest strikers, but will be diplomatic.

In no particular order then :rolleyes:

  • ALAN SHEARER!
  • Eric Canotna
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy
  • Ian Wright
  • Denis Bergkamp
  • Thiery Henry
  • Andy Cole
  • Les ferdinand
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
  • Matt Le Tissier - some of the sweetest goals ever!

Dwight Yorke, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Teddy Sheringham are all very good too, but have have no place in my top 10 though.... :D

If Gary Lineker had played in the prem, he'd be in there though
I agree with just one change on the list.
Sparky in for Le Tiss...

Yeah I know Hughes stayed just for the first few seasons of PL before he moved to Chhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I do admire Le Tissier for staying at Soton for his whole career (unlike Alan Shhhhhhhhhhh :D) even if he had his chances to move up the wage list in other clubs.

And talking about sweet goals...Tony Yeboah had a few of them too.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
spellbound said:
I agree with just one change on the list.
Sparky in for Le Tiss...

Yeah I know Hughes stayed just for the first few seasons of PL before he moved to Chhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I do admire Le Tissier for staying at Soton for his whole career (unlike Alan Shhhhhhhhhhh :D) even if he had his chances to move up the wage list in other clubs.

And talking about sweet goals...Tony Yeboah had a few of them too.:D

Oh man .... that strike he took on the volley and snuck in between the goalkeeper's gloves and the underside of the bar was absolutely amazing!
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think viduka is great striker
but he have np place in my list
he maybe from the top 25 epl striker
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
what your problem with alan shearer
why you all hate him
Cause he snubbed United. That's not why I hate him. I hate him cause Roy Keane hated him, and if he's good enough for Keano to hate, then who am I to disagree?
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
piazza said:
Cause he snubbed United. That's not why I hate him. I hate him cause Roy Keane hated him, and if he's good enough for Keano to hate, then who am I to disagree?
Playing For NewCastle was Shearer childhood dream
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
piazza said:
Which is why I don't hate him for doing it. I respect him a lot more for taking less money.
and no trophies :p
imagine him up in front with Cantona in 96/97 and later with Andy Cole
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
and no trophies :p
imagine him up in front with Cantona in 96/97 and later with Andy Cole
Yorke and Cole were too good of a partnership to break up. Shearer needed service from a supporting striker to play his best, so with Cantona he probably would've been a guaranteed 35-40 every year. Oh well, I think we managed without him :cool:
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
piazza said:
Yorke and Cole were too good of a partnership to break up. Shearer needed service from a supporting striker to play his best, so with Cantona he probably would've been a guaranteed 35-40 every year. Oh well, I think we managed without him :cool:
If We Signed Shearer
There Maybe Was No Yorke-Cole Partnership
cuz he would have partnered Cole or Ole After Cantona Retirement !
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
If We Signed Shearer
There Maybe Was No Yorke-Cole Partnership
cuz he would have partnered Cole or Ole After Cantona Retirement !
That's why we're better off. I doubt we would've won the treble with Shearer.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top