• Sweden-Denmark
  • Scotland-England
  • Ireland-England
Some of the best politically-fueled rivalries would be:

• Ireland-Northern Ireland
  • Austria-Hungary
  • Germany-X*
  • Russia-X*
(where X= any place invaded by Nazis/Commies)

In my opinion it has to be Brazil-Argentina, having met and vacationed with an Argentine and a Brazilian at the same time, I can tell you that its pretty heated whenever a football is around.

I've been to USA-Mexico and I can tell all of you, it gets pretty ugly, considering I was almost mugged after we decimated a full-strength Mexico. We sat there and chanted "dos-cero" for at least 15 minutes at continuum (we beat them 2-0 at the 2002 World Cup ya see :D) then once Beasley scored to make it 2-0, we did it again!

So, forum members, what revs your engines?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
england germany number one:)
england scotland number two;)
england argentina number three :)

i put the nazis ahead of the porridge wogs and island invading surrender monkeys out of jealousy .:D

england france in rugby --- never trust johhny frenchman -- brick up the tunnel pronto says i :D
these answers are in the spirit of the question . i fully expect the spud munchers to have a 1 2 3 of eire england eire england eire england as they are jealous of us . the only thing that stopped us towing eire out into the atlantic years ago is that it makes for a good wind break:D :D

there isnt room to insult everyone so if i have missed you out may i apologise as i hate you all equally really lest i be accused of nationalistic racist tendancies :eek: :eek:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haggler said:
england germany number one:)
england scotland number two;)
england argentina number three :)

i put the nazis ahead of the porridge wogs and island invading surrender monkeys out of jealousy .:D

england france in rugby --- never trust johhny frenchman -- brick up the tunnel pronto says i :D
these answers are in the spirit of the question . i fully expect the spud munchers to have a 1 2 3 of eire england eire england eire england as they are jealous of us . the only thing that stopped us towing eire out into the atlantic years ago is that it makes for a good wind break:D :D

there isnt room to insult everyone so if i have missed you out may i apologise as i hate you all equally really lest i be accused of nationalistic racist tendancies :eek: :eek:
How can England-Scotland be ahead of England-Argentina?

Other that you always lose the second one?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
piazza said:
How can England-Scotland be ahead of England-Argentina?

Other that you always lose the second one?
our rivalry with the blue skinned beasts with red hair goes back centuries our rivalry with the argies only to 1982 .

if you asked this of an englishman 40 years ago the sweaties may even have overtaken the only obeying orders mob.

case in point -- if a scot has a measure of success he is a plucky brit --- the minute the whiff of failure is about him he becomes a scot again .

·
Registered
516 Posts
Football
Galatasaray v Fenerbahce
Rangers v Celtic
Manchester United v Manchester City
Manchester United v Liverpool
Manchester United v Leeds United
Borussia Dortmund v Schalke 04
Chelsea v Fulham
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United v Milwall
Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday
Birmingham City v Aston Villa
Olympique Marseille v Olympique Lyon
Real Madrid v Barcelona
Argentina v Brazil
Argentina v England
Germany v England
England v Scotland
Germany v Netherlands
Germany v Austria
Spain v Portugal
Greece v Turkey
Panathinaikos v AEK
Besiktas v Galatasaray
Fenerbahce v Besiktas
Bayern Munich v 1860 Munich
Hertha BSC v Schalke 04

Rugby
England v Ireland
England v Scotland
England v Australia
Australia v New Zealand
England v France

Field Hockey
Germany v Netherlands
Pakistan v India

Baseball
New York Yankees v Boston Red Sox

I don't know more. :p

For me it's the Manchester derby. :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haggler said:
case in point -- if a scot has a measure of success he is a plucky brit --- the minute the whiff of failure is about him he becomes a scot again .
Like that one tennis player that's like 40th in the world yet Britain's number one? I noticed on Sky Sport's news, before he lost at Wimbledon he was "an example of all that is great about Britain" then he lost and became "Scottish"

Hypocrisy.

Oh and Ayrton, I meant international, and there's also the LA Dodgers and San Francisco Giants rivalry in baseball. St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs too. That's about it though.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ireland vs England nuff said. Thought you would have had that in there Pizza?
Euro 88 Ray Houghton :D
and Northern Ireland vs England.
Not sure why you have France vs Italy in there either.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jazz 16 said:
Ireland vs England nuff said. Thought you would have had that in there Pizza?
I have no idea why I forgot to put that in there. I'm ashamed of myself. I will fix it now.

Come to think of it, I forgot England and Scotland too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If Australia were any good at football i would say England vs Australia at everything, but as they aren't so England vs Germany.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
piazza said:
Like that one tennis player that's like 40th in the world yet Britain's number one? I noticed on Sky Sport's news, before he lost at Wimbledon he was "an example of all that is great about Britain" then he lost and became "Scottish"
Well done piazza. Good reply. (Andy Murray is the player you're thinking of)

And not many Scots tag onto the English. The only people I can think of are the Rangers fans.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IanDangerously said:
2 that havent been mentioned yet:

Juventus-Inter: Il Derbi Della Italia
Madrid-Barcelona: El Grande Classíco
Cause this was supposed to be about International football.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts