Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greek player commits suicide after omission from squad

- A Greek soccer player committed suicide after being left out of the squad for a domestic cup game with Olympiakos Piraeus, police said on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old, Yiannis Koskiniatis, jumped off a 12-metre cliff after being omitted from third division Diagoras Rhodes's squad to face the national champions in a fourth round match.

Police said the midfielder had left a note at the top of the cliff that read: "Being left out of the squad was a great injustice. I cannot take it any more."
Koskiniatis had played 61 times for Diagoras, scoring four goals, but was sidelined all season following an operation on his injured left leg. Local media reported that the club had sent him for psychological help.
He went missing around midday when his team mates met for their pre-match lunch. His motorbike was found at about 1700 local time in the Profitis Ilias area just outside Rhodes town.
The news was relayed to the Diagoras players during a brief delay in the match, which they lost 3-2.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/7952603

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
so mature :rolleyes:

what an idiot some players have been dropped from world cup finals or ucl finals and they were in a top form due to unfair reasons like injures or a change in tactic which the manager think the player won't fit in

many players got their whole carrer ended for injures or didn't fully their potential while they were A WORLD CLASS like Norman Whiteside Ronaldo Hargreaves etc...

i know i will be hated in this forum coz of this post but i don't give a **** about this player who killed himself as it was his choice

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
eoininho said:
That was his world cup final

V sad
its his choice to kill himself why to get sad :confused:

he was injured
but was sidelined all season following an operation on his injured left leg.
so why picking a player who had recovered soon from an injury

·
Registered
113 Posts
What a daft ****. You see people at the minute like Sir Bobby Robson who is enjoying life to the full and hasn't got long left and you see idiots like these who dont appricate life.

·
Registered
133 Posts
abo plz be more polite when you are talking in front of a huge forum. nobody told you to reply this thread....i'm in hurry now i will say more about this later...

cya

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mufcpavlos said:
abo plz be more polite when you are talking in front of a huge forum. nobody told you to reply this thread....i'm in hurry now i will say more about this later...

cya
I posted this because I wanted all to see the down side of the beautiful life of football. And I wont scold Abo. In time he'll undestand these things too.

Not long ago I read a few chapters of a book written by a young footballer with dreams. He moved to Inters Prima vera team and he was the king of the world. Life didnt turn out as he had hoped and he got lost in a world of drugs, alcohol and lived a very destructive life. All turned out so wrong for him and he tried to commit suicide too. He survived but his career is over but the good part is that he say he's drug and alcohol free now.

This young man's name is Martin Bengtsson and he's only 22.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
jerrakos said:
i dont feel sorry when its suicide
its there own choice
how can life be so bad that you can take your own life?
Good point,
I don't feel sorry about him, but about his family.
Just 25 years ...............

And I don't think it is all about football............ maybe other problems we don't know about...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
abojodeh said:
so mature :rolleyes:

what an idiot some players have been dropped from world cup finals or ucl finals and they were in a top form due to unfair reasons like injures or a change in tactic which the manager think the player won't fit in

many players got their whole carrer ended for injures or didn't fully their potential while they were A WORLD CLASS like Norman Whiteside Ronaldo Hargreaves etc...

i know i will be hated in this forum coz of this post but i don't give a **** about this player who killed himself as it was his choice
abo - you're a very young lad, but you can't talk about it that way---

look at the things from his point of view....he was clearly ill before the incident.

you don't know anything about his growing up, eventual traumas,his childhood, his family relations...

i know you have to make a stand, you're young, you want to be heard etc, i understand all that but things happen i life...things that form you as a person and one tragedy can't be looked as a short term action that happened out of anything. it has concequnces, and it has probably come as a response of some actions happened in the past ...this incidennt has very little to do with football - he was obviosuly ill...

people nowadays work under tramendous dose of pressure. you will do things that were imaginable 20-30 years ago and you have to know that we're all not the same...we're all individuals and as a such we've been formed by not only our family but as a society ...

talking that way, you're showing a big dose of disrespect not only to him but to everyone who's lives were changed after his death..especially to his family...

RIP

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
jerrakos said:
i dont feel sorry when its suicide
its there own choice
how can life be so bad that you can take your own life?
erm...do you have kids ?

it's hypotethical question - you don't need to answer that - but once you'll have had kids you'll know what i mean...

you know not everyone has a perfect life

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Something tells me this omission from the squad was just the tip of the iceberg. I have a hard time believing he wasn't going through any personal troubles of other kinds. All in all, it's going to be a tough time for his family and the club and I wish all parties involved the best of fortunes from here on in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mufcpavlos said:

cya
geia pavlos

ti kanis file?

Tha deis ton PAOK na yama ton Iraklis?

PAOK Thessaloniki + Manchester United

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It is a desperate act , i dont think anyone is in a position to comment on it as we have never had the feelings he had just before he did it, everyone has a different tolerance level for what life throws at them , some smile and take it on the chin and some cannot cope.
Its all very tagic and a sad loss of life for someone so young

·
Registered
133 Posts
sweeeeeet plz speak in english! you may even send me a pm in greek if you want...
well it is said that he had some problems with his girlfriend that's why he fell into death. but he couldnt be normal!! he had a psychological history...

let him RIP...

·
Registered
21 Posts
he would have been just angry. He had his chance to play against the biggest team in Greece Olympiakos when playing for a 4th or 3rd div team and missed out. probably thought he could have made his career in that game , because they did lose 2-3 he may have thought he could have made the difference....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts