Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group A
SWITZERLAND
CZECH REPUBLIC
PORTUGAL
TURKEY

Group B

AUSTRIA
CROATIA
GERMANY
POLAND

Group C

NETHERLANDS
ITALY
ROMANIA
FRANCE

Group D

GREECE
SWEDEN
SPAIN
RUSSIA




There ARE NO easy opponents in the tournament - that's no phrase, it's a fact ! I think that Portugal are a second team that will qualify from the group A . With Switzerland's place in the quarters guaranteed of course ... In every tournament hosts have managed to get to the next stage and Switzerland will too. Portugal are one of the main contenders for the title along with Italy and Germany imo.
Group B - As a Croat I won't comment our chances, but I will say that I was quite surprised to see Bierhoff calling us as one of the "silent favourites" to win it.And he told that to EUROSPORT, not to our newspapers. I find it hard to believe it when knowing that we always underperform at the tournaments due to lack of strenght. And Bilic has already spotted that problem and I'm sure he will prepare us adequatily with consulting the only coach that has managed to do it so far ( Miroslav Blazevic - did it twice ).Germany are Germany - It would be a MAJOR SURPRISE to see them out - but then again that had been told about England before the qualifiers started. Austria - based on quality I dare to say they are the weakest team on the tournament . BUT, tradition is on their side , ref's will be too, plus the fans. But somehow I doubt the tradition will help them this time . Poland - what to say about the team which finished top of the strongest group in the qualifiers ( because when you have places like Serbia,Belgium,Portugal and Finland to go to, then certainly it must be regarded as the strongest ). They are the first timers but that will be their motive. Group C - ungreatfull to predict anything. "Whatever it be , will be... ". Dutch don't have the unity and mental nor tactical strenght to go through imo. When I say tactical, I mean on their unexperienced coach who did nothing to convice me he's taken a step forward from the WC.Group D - the excact same group was at the last EC. Only Sweden instead of Portugal in it this time. Spain will want to avenge their defeat from the last time against greece . Anyway - Sweden and Spain will go through IMO. By that order. Russia - for now - a complete outsiders, but then again by the time tournament starts Guus will have spend 2 years with them , and that's enough time to impose your autorithy


Those are my views...yours ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,001 Posts
Lol. Italy, France and Holland in the same group. That should be very entertaining. I reckon the eventual winner will be from this group.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I think Portugal have a good chance, they have a great defence and an awesome midfield, just a shame they have crap strikers :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
76 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
you forgot Romania Nater...you'll see they will qualify
we are romania and we dont care what people say :) god take good care of the small team look at greece and denmark. always euro games are for smaller team ;) .

wazza sarac sarac anglia. mare sampon on pe ei !

ce grupa criminala !

un loc trei ar fi mai mult decat onorabil nu le voi gasi nicio vina tricolorilor atunci cand vor fi eliminati.

doamne ce grupa...nique franda....van mujon olanda...vafa n culo italia...mu ! E UEFA!!!

HAI ROMANIA !!!!!!


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
There ARE NO easy opponents in the tournament - that's no phrase, it's a fact ! I think that Portugal are a second team that will qualify from the group A . With Switzerland's place in the quarters guaranteed of course ... In every tournament hosts have managed to get to the next stage and Switzerland will too. Portugal are one of the main contenders for the title along with Italy and Germany imo.
Group B - As a Croat I won't comment our chances, but I will say that I was quite surprised to see Bierhoff calling us as one of the "silent favourites" to win it.And he told that to EUROSPORT, not to our newspapers. I find it hard to believe it when knowing that we always underperform at the tournaments due to lack of strenght. And Bilic has already spotted that problem and I'm sure he will prepare us adequatily with consulting the only coach that has managed to do it so far ( Miroslav Blazevic - did it twice ).Germany are Germany - It would be a MAJOR SURPRISE to see them out - but then again that had been told about England before the qualifiers started. Austria - based on quality I dare to say they are the weakest team on the tournament . BUT, tradition is on their side , ref's will be too, plus the fans. But somehow I doubt the tradition will help them this time . Poland - what to say about the team which finished top of the strongest group in the qualifiers ( because when you have places like Serbia,Belgium,Portugal and Finland to go to, then certainly it must be regarded as the strongest ). They are the first timers but that will be their motive. Group C - ungreatfull to predict anything. "Whatever it be , will be... ". Dutch don't have the unity and mental nor tactical strenght to go through imo. When I say tactical, I mean on their unexperienced coach who did nothing to convice me he's taken a step forward from the WC.Group D - the excact same group was at the last EC. Only Sweden instead of Portugal in it this time. Spain will want to avenge their defeat from the last time against greece . Anyway - Sweden and Spain will go through IMO. By that order. Russia - for now - a complete outsiders, but then again by the time tournament starts Guus will have spend 2 years with them , and that's enough time to impose your autorithy
Those are my views...yours ?






I agree with you at most things.But you are wrong about Portugal.They are so,so weak,and I am sure that they will not play an important role on the competition.
They were play only 1:1 against Serbian in both matches.Serbia wich has never been weaker with 8 new players from U21 squad.

Also,you can not even imagine how I am impressed with Croatia team.I am sure that Oliver Birhoff was right saying that.You realy can be favorite from the shadow,not only cos match in England,it's because you'v played great football during whole qualifications.Im not saying that Im happy for that,but you showed us how players must play for national team.Every single croat player was able to die on the pitch,and serbia miss it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
Skele said:
I agree with you at most things.But you are wrong about Portugal.They are so,so weak,and I am sure that they will not play an important role on the competition.
They were play only 1:1 against Serbian in both matches.Serbia wich has never been weaker with 8 new players from U21 squad.

Also,you can not even imagine how I am impressed with Croatia team.I am sure that Oliver Birhoff was right saying that.You realy can be favorite from the shadow,not only cos match in England,it's because you'v played great football during whole qualifications.Im not saying that Im happy for that,but you showed us how players must play for national team.Every single croat player was able to die on the pitch,and serbia miss it.

Mate Portugal are always regarded as one of the top teams in Europe and no matter what form they have been in, in the lead up to the finals, I can say without a s shadow of a doubt that you will see an entirely different, rejuvenated Portugal in the finals........FACT....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Mate Portugal are always regarded as one of the top teams in Europe and no matter what form they have been in, in the lead up to the finals, I can say without a s shadow of a doubt that you will see an entirely different, rejuvenated Portugal in the finals........FACT....
Do you wanna bet:rolleyes:
I'll eat my pants if it would be as you say.:eek:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
I'm amazed at the way the seeding was done :eek:

How can they have Italy as second seed pot......

And FRANCE in the bottom pot of seeds.

I know Romania has ended up in the group of death which is OK for me as long as they do their best. But for the tournament as a whole it has put too many good teams - France, Holland and Italy all together.......Romania too as we have had 2 wins and 1 draw 'v' Holland last 3 mettings.

Other groups I look at are very weak indeed......

A big mess up really !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
How many pots were there? I'd only imagine there'd be two pots? Or if there is four, then they'd take it on points accumulated perhaps? Oh well I am not bothered - I don't think I'll watch much or any of this anyway.

Maybe Netherlands V France..and the final.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Skele said:
I agree with you at most things.But you are wrong about Portugal.They are so,so weak,and I am sure that they will not play an important role on the competition.
They were play only 1:1 against Serbian in both matches.Serbia wich has never been weaker with 8 new players from U21 squad.

Also,you can not even imagine how I am impressed with Croatia team.I am sure that Oliver Birhoff was right saying that.You realy can be favorite from the shadow,not only cos match in England,it's because you'v played great football during whole qualifications.Im not saying that Im happy for that,but you showed us how players must play for national team.Every single croat player was able to die on the pitch,and serbia miss it.
wow...thanks mate !
as for Portugal - well France lost 2 to Scots, so ? Portugal are class ! Especially because Ronaldo is in a form of his life !

Grif SA said:
Well, Portugal does have Ronaldo, Nani, and Quaresma. Do you really want to bet against them? :confused:
LOL that Quaresma is the most overrated player in the world... Just kidding...well, half a kidding really. He was crap against Liverpool ! Their worst player. By far ! So silky ! Like Bambi ! Skilfull, but not a great player when matters
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Did I jsut witness an agreement between a Serbian and a Croatian? Happy days! :p

Carly, your Romanians have it tough, one of my mates is Romanian(not sure if he was born there though) he was feeling slightly confident from past results against the Netherlands but France and Italy will be tough!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
wow...thanks mate !
Don't thanks to me mate.That's just it.You are playing beautifull football in this days.
I hate when you are better than us even in pissing not to mention football:eek:
But you are,and that's a fact.......or ''fakat'' as you croats like to say.......but I more like word ''cinjenica'';) ..................

.........anyway ''kapa dole'' for you guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
Skele said:
Do you wanna bet:rolleyes:
I'll eat my pants if it would be as you say.:eek:
Yes.....

How though.......

I think the forum may be introducing betting between members in the future....not entirely sure though......

I think Portugal will get to the Semis...........:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,853 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
LOL that Quaresma is the most overrated player in the world... Just kidding...well, half a kidding really. He was crap against Liverpool ! Their worst player. By far ! So silky ! Like Bambi ! Skilfull, but not a great player when matters
i agree iv said this loads (not really on here though) but i just get told to **** off when i say it lol


if he was THAT good a bigger club would of signed him by now imo
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top