Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea's Gudjohnsen fancies Man Utd move
tribalfootball.com - May 7, 2006

Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen wants a move to Manchester United. The Manchester Evening News says Gudjohnsen has held informal talks over his future at Stamford Bridge and the two parties are due to sit down again in the next fortnight.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson values players who can play in more than one role and Gudjohnsen's midfield capabilities as well as his ability to fill a berth in a two-pronged attack would make him a versatile addition to the Reds squad.
What are your reactions to this? IMO signing Gudjohnsen wouldn't be that bad an idea, but once again, why is Fergie relying on bits and pieces players rather than going for players established in their positions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Schmeichel#1 said:
I think he's a great addition to our squad, if we manage to get him.
Where do you put him mate ?

We a;ready have 2 supporting strikers(Roo, Rossi), and if he does come, then when does David Jones get a chance ?

S

·
0 Posts
Well, if Ruud goes there's a spot available up front and he can always play behind the front two.

I can't see Ferguson starting Jones next season.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Definitely not ! Hes too old now as well wow this thread was created over 2 years ago :| He was ok back then, scored some important goals for chelsea but we were linked with him in January i think and i really dont want him, i still think we should of gone for Defoe.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
defoe is another short forward. though, we could do with his eye for goal. i would prefer gudjohnsen though. he can pop up with that odd important goal at times.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Abo-just look at them then instead of bringing them back to life.
Saying 'he sucks' is hardly worthy of a post.
By all means go back and read them, but try not respond in the crappy ones pls

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.