Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, its guess the manager game!

You've got till Sunday to try it.

No prizes, unless the mods want to hand out vCash or something :p

Anyway, here goes;

==========================================================

You are the chairman of a club and you just sacked your manager, who do you bring in to replace him? You have four surverys submitted in confidentiality and unless you can decipher who they are, this is all the information you have. Who are they?

A) He has more than thirty years of football experience and has managed top flight clubs in four different leagues. He has won silverware with five different clubs and has been on the losing side in a Champions League/European Cup final.

B) He has nearly thirty years of experience and has won trophies in three European leagues. He has been in chagre of eleven clubs including a Champions League/European Cup winner - although he has never won this honour.

C) He came very close to udescribeable glory after two years in charge of his team, but vacated the illustrious position. He has currently without a job since, but is set to return to football management this summer.

D) He began his managerial career in charge of a national team and did well, before moving to a club which he lead to a shock relegation. Despite this he has been in charge at a team in one of Europe's elite league for a few years.

So, who are they?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna extend the deadline to Wednesday.

Have as many shots as you want and we'll see if more people have a shot.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
A)Has to be Sven. managed in Sweden, Portugal, Italy and England. Lost the
European final to Milan in the early 90's.

B)John Toshack-managed Madrid who have won the CL but not with him in charge.

C)It could be Jose but I think the answer is Klinsmann at the WC.

D)easy enough-frank Rijkaard started out with Holland and is currrently with Barca

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
A) Sven-Goran Eriksson - He has 31 years of professional football mangerial experience. Managed in Sweden, Italy, England & Portugal. Won silverware with IFK Goteborg, SL Benfica, AS Roma, UC Sampdoria & SS Lazio.

B) John Toshack - He has approximately 29-30 years of experience. Managed Swansea City, Sporting Lisbon, Real Sociedad, Real Madrid, Wales, Deportivo La Coruna, Besiktas, Saint-Étienne, Real Murcia & Catania. He has never won the award with Real Madrid, the only club which he managed before that has won the Uefa Champions League. Has won trophies in Wales, England, Spain & Turkey.

C) - Juergen Klinsmann - Nearly won the Fifa WC 06 with Germany. Currently jobless but set to take over Bayern Munich when Ottmar Hitzfeld retires in July 2008.

D) Frank Rijkaard - Start off his managerial career with a bang. Leading Netherlands to the semi-final before crashing out to Italy on penalty shootouts while playing the best football in the tournament. Resigned immediately afterwards & take over the reins of Sparta Rotterdam. Under his leadership, the club was relegated to the first division for the first time in its history, and he was fired as a consequence. Currently the manager of FC Barcelona.

;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^^^ I see you changed your last answer from McCarthy lol.
Manutd004 said I only got 2 right......Im confused, thought I had the lot.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right. I said I was going to reveal on Wednesday, but I'm gonna reveal today.

A) Sven Goran-Eriksson

B) Mircea Lucescu (Manager of Shaktar Donetsk)

C) Jurgen Klinnsman

D) Frank Rikjaard.

Well done to Jazz, who worked them all out. He didn't post B, but he told me who he thought it was.

I'll try to get more for you to have another shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.