Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE Hand of Gob struck yesterday — but Robbie Savage was far from spitting mad.

Cristiano Ronaldo fired home a thunderous FA Cup header as Manchester United crushed Derby 4-1.

Then just like with Diego Maradona's Hand of God goal, Ronaldo was at the centre of a gobsmacking incident.

Pictures seemed to show him spitting at Savage, though the Derby star insisted: “Nothing happened.

If you have got pictures showing that sort of thing, it was definitely something I wasn't aware of.

“I've got absolutely no problem with him.â€

Nigel Clough has warned Manchester United's rivals that they have the firepower to pull of a sensational five-timer.
Beaten

After a virtual second-string United line-up had beaten his side to earn a trip to Fulham or Swansea, Rams chief Clough insisted United could complete a clean sweep of the major honours.

They have already won the World Club Championship and are targeting the Premier League, Champions League, FA and Carling Cups as well.

Clough said: “It is on.

If anyone can do it, United can. They made seven changes today but would have scored four against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or anyone playing like that.â€

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2239912.ece

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If he has been spitting at a player, then I really won't be happy tbh. That's the lowest of the low.

However, I'd like to see it before I pass judgement.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I have a hard time believing he did, since an a-hole like Savage wouldn't even tell the media he did.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
There was me missing the link :rolleyes: :p

Anyway, I said that I wasn't wanting to judge until I saw the pic and there is no way that was a spit at Savage. Just the Sun stirring it :rolleyes:

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
manutd004 said:
There was me missing the link :rolleyes: :p

Anyway, I said that I wasn't wanting to judge until I saw the pic and there is no way that was a spit at Savage. Just the Sun stirring it :rolleyes:
ya exactly and as piazza says if savage says he didn't do it then he 100% didn't do it :rolleyes:

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Ever since Fergie banned The Sun from his press conferences after the FA Cup incident,they have had even more of a vendetta against us.Ronaldo is has more sly digs at people than spitting.His celebration was funny man,even Rio got in on it!hahaahaha ****in linesman

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Ever since Fergie banned The Sun from his press conferences after the FA Cup incident,they have had even more of a vendetta against us.Ronaldo is has more sly digs at people than spitting.His celebration was funny man,even Rio got in on it!hahaahaha ****in linesman
yeah you are pretty right they do over react at everything we do, but they do it too everyone there a sensationalist newspaper who will pretty much print anything to get a sale

and his celebration was good ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
That picture distorts the persective... Savage is a good few feet to side..

Sun trying to whip things up...

What about Terry emptying the contents of his nose down Tevez's back when Drogba walked in Moscow. F*ck all was said about that!

Mike

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I hope its not true because that is despicable, but my instinct tells me its a fabricated story.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I saw it & thought he was just spitting. Although if anything it might have been a dig at the linesman.

You know, about the disallowed goal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts