Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been saying for the last 2 weeks I believe we will win this league by at least 10 points this season .

Having watched Chelsea and Liverpool in the last few weeks they both look like teams that have lost the plot.

Alan Hansen said last night if we win and Liverpool vs Chelsea ends in a draw he thinks its over.

Its a view I agree with I've seen many many seasons and I know when United are rolling and we are rolling better than I've ever seen.

If the was ever a season when a team had a chance to win the lot its this one I think we are playing that good.

So what do you think is it too early or do we all think that its our title again?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Considering injuries and fixture pile up we are coping more than well!! Im not going to get too giddy yet,ask me after the inter 1st leg/CC final :D

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
While I am cautiously optimistic because we seem to be hitting our stride at the right time, it ain't over yet. The everton game will be key. If we win it - and it won't necessarily be easy - and we win our game in hand against fulham, we will be in a very good position.

We still have some tough games left - 'pool, l'arse, villa, ciddeh, wh away, boro away - where we could drop points.

But, you're right - we could not have asked for a better January! :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
We are two points clear with a game in hand. If we win against Everton on Saturday that will put a hell lot of pressure on both Chelsea and Liverpool to win he game and we might see a great game. We'll go five points clear by Sunday if we beat Everton which we should as it is at Old Trafford and if Chelsea-Liverpool draw we'll be up by four points. We win the game in hand against Fulham and we're seven points ahead in the title race. Considering all these factors and the poor form shown by Chelsea and Liverpool methinks the title race might well be over by Feb end.

But for that we'll have to beat Everton first on Saturday and focus on a game at a time. We play like we are playing at the moment and the title is ours.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
red dave said:
I've been saying for the last 2 weeks I believe we will win this league by at least 10 points this season .

Having watched Chelsea and Liverpool in the last few weeks they both look like teams that have lost the plot.

Alan Hansen said last night if we win and Liverpool vs Chelsea ends in a draw he thinks its over.

Its a view I agree with I've seen many many seasons and I know when United are rolling and we are rolling better than I've ever seen.

If the was ever a season when a team had a chance to win the lot its this one I think we are playing that good.

So what do you think is it too early or do we all think that its our title again?
quality post, agree with everything you have said, AND you hit the nail on the head at the end(bit in bold.)

we are now firmly in the driving seat for all competitions, we are the team in form, scoring goals, not conceding goals, its a perfect recipe....

BUT we dont want to count our chickens just yet!
although im not very quietly confident;)

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyway lets all hope and pray that they do draw this weekend and I also like Villa's wings clipped abit as they seem to think they are going to win it of late.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i was really suprised when he said this. the man always favours liverpool but he seems to completly given up hope on rafa. i remember him saying last year they will never win the league under rafa. harsh comments from a figure head fan of the club.

i wouldnt like to say its ours now. but i can see this shaping up like the season after we won the treble. we won the league with ease but flopped in the CL. but i think we could still stretch for the CL and both domestic cups because of our strength in depth this time round.

its to early in my opinion but yes we have the driving seat and wev been there and done it so many times before

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
We should win the EPL from here on...especially when all our injured players come back we should be unstoppable...in each comp we are in! I always did believe the team with the best squad depth wins the League of that clubs country and that has been the case for Man United for the past 2 seasons and should be the case for this season. Glory Glory Man United!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe the current squad we have is the strongest squad in europe its looking like we will run away with the league not just sayiing this because i am a united fan but honestly compare our squad to chelsea or liverpool and hands down united's is better, the one trophy i'd like this year is the fa cup we,ve done two finals in the past four years or so and lost two i think its time we win it again along with the league and carling cup, the champions league is way to unpredictable to say if we will win it or not considering we could get injurys for a big game, the squad has coped really well with the injury situation

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
hansen knows that rafa will never win liverpool the league his mentality is all wrong.
i knew liverpool would blow it they always do just like utd used too 25 years ago ,but up until about 5 weeks ago i was convinced that chelsea would win it in a canter but they have also faultered badly.
you can know see the confidence returning to the utd players and they are finally starting to rip teams apart like the utd we all love.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
red dave said:

have been saying for months that we win the title without a problem....got some stick, for what? it wasn't arrogance or anything just look at the FACTS......arsenal squads not up to it, lack mental strength. chelski are in a period of transition and will stay that way as scholari changes his style of play and brings in all the players he wants. finally the dippers- squads not good enough by far, their best team on the pitch isn't good enough, manager with slightly mad way of picking and motivating his team....and most of all they lack the experience of been involved in an actual title race......this is their first real shot at it for ages and they blowing it.

ironically this season for us could easily turn out to be more successful than last- because we have improved and mainly because ALL our main rivals have MAJOR issues that they have to get sorted and havent.

its ours...it always was

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I won't feel comfortable unless we get a 7 point gap between us and our rivals.

Being able to lose 2 games is quite a luxury in the Premier League.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, we still have a bit to go and we shouldn't celebrate just yet. However, we are in the driving seat and if we don't win it I think we should be disappointed.

I don't think you can say it's over if the Poo and Chelski draw, unless we win our game against Everton and even then I won't be celebrating the title yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts