Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Drogba vs Vidic thread got me thinking as to who was United's toughest or hardest player?

If the United players were to fight UFC style in a ring, who would be the last man standing and why?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would say Vidic. I would hate to meet him in a ring. Rooney would be hard aswell. But a can see him being a bit of a Mike Tyson.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The hardest player in the current man utd squad would have to be Vidic - the man is hard as nails.

However, Rooney is a studied boxer and skill counts for a lot.

Vidic doesn't really have a mean strek like Keano or Materazzi, so I'd fancy Rooney to win in a figh, but he'd have to work hard, because Vidic is a tough guy.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about Brown or Rio? I think they could get in the mix with Vida and Rooney.
rio is a lot taller than Roney for example and might give him a hiding of epic proportions.
Wes is a brawler who Brpwns people so he is my shout.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
current squad, for me it would be rooney and brown in the final...rooney being more skilled as mentioned because he has done boxing training and that counts for loads because it helps you take a hit and know how to give one back. A few of my mates do boxing and it helps loads.

Anyway brown is the toughest/hardest player in the current united squad, the dude is like a walking brick. If there is a 50/50 or ody to body collision, almost everytime brown wins it and the other guy goes flying like he just had a car crash and brown gets up looking all clumsy with a smirk on his face like he knew what he was doing.

Gotta appreciate wes brown, the guy is tough!

pz!

·
Registered
915 Posts
From the current squad:

• Brown - would just bulldoze through almost anyone or anything
  • Vidic - nuff said
  • Gary Neville - certainly thinks he's tough, little man syndrome
  • Rooney - again, nuff said

Although my suprise choice
  • Nani - would just start everyone dancing then turn into a big robot & Moonwalk all over 'em :D
Seriously though, I think Fergie could teach the young whippersnappers a thing or two

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
If I'm being honest, I think we way overestimate Vidic's hardness (no jokes please :rolleyes: )

It doesn't actually take much to knock him over or send him flying. He is brave as hell, but when it comes to fighting - I just can't see it.

I would say Rooney - for obvious reasons, and Brown.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
HOLY!! lmao, thats so funny, dude has major anger issues, the way he goes hard on it like kidney shots! Quality post mate, that made me laugh!

I forgot about Nani too, seems real tough for a skinny kid.

pz!

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
players from 50/60's are considered way more harder than any post-modern man utd players

no shin pads, no subs, heavier boots with more dangerous studs, tackles that were tackles and not these namby-pamby tackles that we see today.

bill foulkes for me was our toughest/hardest player

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think it all depends on how drunk Alex Ferguson is. :p Seriously though, Roy Keane was an amateur boxer, so he'd win out of the old guard, as for the currents I think Vidic could take punches the best, along with Wes Brown with Wayne Rooney dishing them out the best. I think Rooney might be able to win. Plus he's a scouser and probably used to beating people or stealing or some other diminutive behavior. :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
antdevil78 said:
players from 50/60's are considered way more harder than any post-modern man utd players

no shin pads, no subs, heavier boots with more dangerous studs, tackles that were tackles and not these namby-pamby tackles that we see today.

bill foulkes for me was our toughest/hardest player
Good call on Foulkes. He survived Munich and played for us for nearly 20 years-legend.
Nobby Stiles was also a hard man for a little fella. Tough as old boots.

But the question is which player from the current team.
Who do you reckon is the toughest from the current squad Ant?

But since your on the subject of former players......
my picks would be Sparky, McGrath, Kev Moran, Eric, Keane, Stam, Whiteside, Robson and Bruce in no particular order.
This lot NEVER ducked out of a tackle or a battle. They put their bodies on the line and usually dominated any player in front of them. Legends-all of them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts