Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see Hargreaves get swiped at by some Chelsea fan when he fell over past there goal today?

I was disgusted that there was no reaction from police or the commentators. I hope the fan was booted from the stadium. :mad:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RED till i DIE said:
Really, didn't see that. Good eye!
I had to rewind it on sky+ just to believe it. he swiped at Hargreaves head and I think just swooped his hair. But it was still an assault and I really couldn't believe it wasn't mentioned by the commentators.

Anybody able to get a video clip of it?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I didn't notice this particular incident, but I thought that the overall abuse Hargreaves got was disgraceful.

I'm not really surprised at this incident tbh.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Chelsea and their supporters really do signify the meaning of 'evil', they have dirty, filthy players who try and injure our players as an advantage of trying to win games, they dive, they pretend to make up to the players they've fouled by tapping their heads or shoulders, smiling, making it think that it was an accident to the referee, so they avoid yellow or even red cards.
The supporters rant the 'S' word consistently when the opposition are cheering their team name, it's as if they are confessing that they've done a 'doo-dar' in their pants.

I hate West London, it's full of filthy, stinking bunch of dirty cheaters, divers and cretins who don't deserve all the success they get quite frankly.

Winning today would be what I call 'justice', Manchester United should of won this game if it wasn't for Chelsea doing what they do best, 'Cheating', they push our defenders, score an equalising goal, which was offside, according to Rio Ferdinand.

To make Chelsea, Premier League champions again, would be like giving Osama Bin Laden, the freedom, to rule and terrorise America.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Sigh, GeordieMancunian, biased much?

No Man Utd player can or has ever put a foot wrong, aye GeordieManc?

There's not one stupid, mental, hooligan Man Utd fan in the world.

Ronaldo, Nani, Berbatov etc etc never dive.

Terry, Carvalho, Carragher and whoever are dirty yeah? I guess Ferdinand and Vidic aren't. Maybe they are a little worse but name me a good center back in the world who doesn't fall into doing dirty things - its part of playing in that position.

No man utd player smiles, wags their finger or tells the referee to give opposition player a card.

Our supporters have never sworn to the opposition supporters, or made songs taking the **** out of a team or individual .. viva john terry, he couldve won the cup but he ****ed it up ..

well you must hate manchester as well then, as proven above it has the same ingredients that you've mentioned as your reasons for hating chelsea (which by the way, is the same at any club)

Manchester United should of won this game if it wasn't for Chelsea doing what they do best, 'Cheating', they push our defenders, score an equalising goal, which was offside, according to Rio Ferdinand.
yep we never cheated once during the game, its the referee/linesmans fault and it was nothing to do with our defense not marking properly, or our keeper not coming and collecting it.

stereotype football fan.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
You do know opposition cities used to absolute s**t it when Manchester United came to town? Our reputation was strong, and bad for "hooligans".

And just because a chelsea fan clipped a player round the head doesn't make him a hooligan. I've seen worse.
We've done worse.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Stephen said:
You do know opposition cities used to absolute s**t it when Manchester United came to town? Our reputation was strong, and bad for "hooligans".

And just because a chelsea fan clipped a player round the head doesn't make him a hooligan. I've seen worse.
We've done worse.
well said mate very true were not so perfect are we?

no team is and i dont see why people should think all this anjustice just happens to us when it clearly dosnt

and united 'fans' have done alot in the past also so we cant really talk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i saw that... he didnt give his attention to the sc*ms at all... but it was really disgusting..
he felled at the chelsea's side with their fans at the back cursing him and etc.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
We've done worse.
of course there's been worse and we've done worse - everyone will realise this... apart from people like geordiemancunian.

and dont be pedantic Stephen, hooligan, thug, whatever. He threw a punch at a player for no reason, hes a ****head basically.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have kinda gone off topic.......

I wanted to discuss who saw the incident and possibly find out if any action was taken against the fan.

We all know fans and teams aren't perfect but there is no excuse for taking a swing at a player for no reason at all.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Unless someone make a complaint (could be hargreaves himself) complete with video evidence...i very much doubt any action will be taken against them...

By looking at it in whole...i also doubt Hargreaves will make a big huuhaa of it...if not surely we should already know by now.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
ScottE335 said:
We have kinda gone off topic.......

I wanted to discuss who saw the incident and possibly find out if any action was taken against the fan.

We all know fans and teams aren't perfect but there is no excuse for taking a swing at a player for no reason at all.
I have no recollection of this for some reason.
Does anyone have a vid of it or something?
I think most of us missed it for whatever reason. :confused:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
Sigh, GeordieMancunian, biased much?

No Man Utd player can or has ever put a foot wrong, aye GeordieManc?

There's not one stupid, mental, hooligan Man Utd fan in the world.

Ronaldo, Nani, Berbatov etc etc never dive.

Terry, Carvalho, Carragher and whoever are dirty yeah? I guess Ferdinand and Vidic aren't. Maybe they are a little worse but name me a good center back in the world who doesn't fall into doing dirty things - its part of playing in that position.

No man utd player smiles, wags their finger or tells the referee to give opposition player a card.

Our supporters have never sworn to the opposition supporters, or made songs taking the **** out of a team or individual .. viva john terry, he couldve won the cup but he ****ed it up ..

well you must hate manchester as well then, as proven above it has the same ingredients that you've mentioned as your reasons for hating chelsea (which by the way, is the same at any club)

yep we never cheated once during the game, its the referee/linesmans fault and it was nothing to do with our defense not marking properly, or our keeper not coming and collecting it.

stereotype football fan.
Precisely. While the Chelsea fan's behavior wasn't good, ignoring our own faults is exponentially worse. Every book I've read on hooliganism doesn't paint the best picture of the "Red Army." Not to mention, if Kalou was offside, its a moot point. Rooney made a stupid foul, and we paid the price for taking our foot off of the pedal and not going for a second goal.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
we aren't so innocent..the chelsea thug who slapped hargreaves is a pillock.but i read in the programme,last time we were there a man was tripped and punched in the face,suffering a broken jaw.now i talked to a steward,she said they weren't sure whether it was a couple of utd fans that did it.cause the victim had a chelsea shirt on. now if it was our boys that did it thats disgusting.i'm not saying the morons who gave the verbal abuse to our boys and especially hargreaves are angels.but to break a mans jaw and leave him with a plate to hold his jaw together is vile.:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts