Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Oliver Kay and Matt Dickinson
Friday April 04 2008

OWEN Hargreaves' peripheral role at Manchester United is not down to poor form but disciplinary issues, sources at the club say.

In particular, Alex Ferguson is known to have been angered by his poor timekeeping, with Hargreaves turning up late for several team meetings.

Signed for a projected £20.2m from Bayern Munich last summer, Hargreaves has found himself fourth or even fifth choice in central midfield as United chase domestic and European trophies. It is understood that the manager has been punishing Hargreaves for being late.

Most recently, he was late to arrive at Manchester airport on Monday morning before the squad flew to Italy for their Champions League quarter-final, first leg away to AS Roma.

Hargreaves was left out of the starting line-up in Rome, but made an impressive impact as a second-half substitute in United's 2-0 win.

Hargreaves' future at Old Trafford is not thought to be in immediate jeopardy, but he has been left in no doubt that he must clean up his act. (© The Times, London)

- Oliver Kay and Matt Dickinson

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scott 4 evra said:
no dn't believe it. i just don't tink he's playing because he is not as good as our other midfielders. by quite a bit.
At the same time I don't think we've seen the best from him yet. He doesn't look as good as comfortable in our team as he did at Bayern. I'm very much looking forward to him finding his feet. Either at right back or as a defensive midfielder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.