Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
soo harsh ? he was the the best player at andield along with anderson and he was brilliant at the emirates he's a player fir the big games ... he'll probably play at the bridge aswell just because he isnt the attractive footballer of a ronaldo or anderson people slate him, people like Hargreaves will be the players that keep us in the title race or keep us in the champions league when we're up against it :) give the lad a chance

G

·
bullshit, i'd say.
Alex Ferguson have praised him for his manners and how he was "well brought up", i just cant see OH being late and stuff

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hargreaves Paying Price For Tardiness?

Source: Goal.com

Poor timekeeping rather than poor performances is keeping Owen Hargreaves from making a major impact with Manchester United since his £20.2 million signing in the summer, according to the British press.

Sir Alex Ferguson is known for running a tight ship, and apparently the ex Bayern Munich star has shown up late on more than one occasion this season. The latest incident is said to have occurred at the Manchester airport as the team were preparing to fly out to Rome, which may or may not have cost Hargreaves a starting place against Roma.

“it might only be a matter of being 20 seconds late, but that is too late as far as the manager is concerned," said an unidentified source.

"He [Hargreaves] knows he is either going to have to adapt or face the consequences. It’s a learning process for him, but he will adapt and he has told the manager that, which should be the end of the matter.”

Ferguson has denied that the England international is in his bad books in any way and praised him for his performance as a sub against Roma.

"In many ways he changed the pattern of the game in Rome on Tuesday," said Sir Alex.

"He did a fantastic job and will be involved at Middlesbrough."

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would have thought Owen would have been more responsible than that. He seems to me the kind of player who would do what is asked of him, without any hesitation. So for him to have a disiplinary issue is quite suprising. Still it's better that it's for poor time keeping, rather than being disruptive in training etc. I don't think United have seen the best of Owen Hargreaves yet and I believe we will see more from and of him next season.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.