Manchester United Talk banner

Hargreaves or Fletcher

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Hagreaves is better with free kicks, and tackles better, protect the back four better.

fletcher for me is more of a box to box. his passing is decent, but i think he has a knack of getting into good goal scoring position. his work rate is bettered only by park and rooney for me. i remember, a few seasons ago against liverpool, it took a fletcher to chase the ball all the way back to reina to spark the whole united team.

i think, it would be hard to choose, but fletcher is really really really under-rated. furthermore, to me, based on the fact that we have so many options in central midfield, but with scholes hargo carrick injured, we would have to depend on fletcher to be a DM. but i think he has been good so far. but still, it would be hard to choose.

S

·
0 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
Can a mod set up a poll please?
Done, only because the thread about Ronaldos attitude got hijacked by this debate. :p

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Hargreaves is twice the player than Darren Fletcher. But it is as they say, a bird in hand is worth two in the physio's bench :p :rolleyes:

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
no doubt about it talent wise hargreaves is light years away from fletcher. If it wasnt for his constant injuries he would be one of the best in the world in his position.

·
23,699 Posts
Blade said:
It's not even debatab;e. Hargreaves by a country mile.
The outcome is expected to be most predictable but there are also some Fletcher die-hards here who are expected to put up a fierce and spirited defence of their idol. In fact, one big fan will be coming on in about 2, 3 hours from now. :D ;)

Should be an interesting thread for a renewed old battle. :)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
its a bit like the shop selling the 1000 pound hifi for 99 quid for me every time you try and buy one its out of stock so you end up buying the 700 pound one for 400 quid . fletcher has to be the better all round player because he is nearly always fit . saha was a better striker than tevez for my money but what good is a player who rarely plays ?
bayern knew what they were doing when they got rid imho and when did you last see fletcher let us down ????

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I must vote here since there's other options then just the head to head.
Since there's no I want ice cream Im gonna vote for not bothered.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
This poll is so emberassing that I'll have to make a poll later for the goal of the week, so that this doesn't show up on the main page.

Other UNited fans, who are not members will read it and laugh.

Owen Hargreaves is a much better football than Darren Fletcher ever could be.

Hargo's weapons are his pace, touch, tackling, energy and crossing. He is also capable of sweet free kicks.

Fletcher's weapon is his ugly face, which he uses to scare opponents and his lack of spacial awareness, which is so comical it makes opponents laugh.

Here are some scenarios in which Owen Hargreaves would still be a better footballer than Darren Fletcher:

- Fletcher leads Scotland to an amazing victory in the Euro 2012 finals, while Hargreaves is crocked at home making an omelet in his kitchen.

- Fletcher scores the winning goal of a CL final, while Hargo is flirting with Peter Crouch's girlfriend, who is sitting in the stands.

- Fletcher plays a fantastic game against Roma, marking Toti out of the game, not getting dispossesed while making defense-splitting assists that won the game. Hargo was on the bench filing his nails and discussing iPod playlists with Giggsy.

In all those scenarions, it is still Hargreaves>Fletcher

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
hargo is undoubtedly the better all round player, but fletcher is a great player to have in your squad and on the fringes of the team, he rarely lets anyone down these days, although he doesn't have that world class ability in him that hargo does. only problem is that fletcher is fit and available almost all of the time and hargo isn't.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Hargreaves can do everything Fletcher can, but with more quality, and more besides like free-kicks and penalties.

Hargreaves was underrated for far too long when he was at Bayern. Mostly because all people saw of him were his 10 minute cameos for England. I think he is a superb footballer and I can't wait to see him in action for United this season.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
RedForceRising said:
This poll is so emberassing that I'll have to make a poll later for the goal of the week, so that this doesn't show up on the main page.

Other UNited fans, who are not members will read it and laugh.

Owen Hargreaves is a much better football than Darren Fletcher ever could be.

Hargo's weapons are his pace, touch, tackling, energy and crossing. He is also capable of sweet free kicks.

Fletcher's weapon is his ugly face, which he uses to scare opponents and his lack of spacial awareness, which is so comical it makes opponents laugh.

Here are some scenarios in which Owen Hargreaves would still be a better footballer than Darren Fletcher:

- Fletcher leads Scotland to an amazing victory in the Euro 2012 finals, while Hargreaves is crocked at home making an omelet in his kitchen.

- Fletcher scores the winning goal of a CL final, while Hargo is flirting with Peter Crouch's girlfriend, who is sitting in the stands.

- Fletcher plays a fantastic game against Roma, marking Toti out of the game, not getting dispossesed while making defense-splitting assists that won the game. Hargo was on the bench filing his nails and discussing iPod playlists with Giggsy.

In all those scenarions, it is still Hargreaves>Fletcher
and those scenarios simply show how you can't be unbiased when talking about fletcher...i've always said that you're taking him for granted..fletcher in your eyes is still fletcher from 2005... and that's not true...
as for this thread i+ll put it this way - fletcher is our ambrosini and hargo is our gattuso...as much as i appreciate ambrosini as a servant i'd take gattuso for his qualities !
i'm not sentimental about players whether they're performing or not....
take o'shea or brown for ex...you know my thoughts on both of them, but while i was almost supporting brown's exit, like a year ago , last season sort of clicked everytihng into spot for him...i think he should stay as a rb back up ( definitely not as a CB, but a rb , yes )...
as for sheasy - it's vice versa - i'm in love with him for his loyalty and for being available and for not moaning once in his united career, but i think he's become far too complacent for playing in the team above his standard.unlike fletcher he's stopped evolving and has taken a step down in his developement. i think by letting him go we wouldn't miss anything apart a loyal player who's always ready to stand in and be a stunt in every position.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
^ You have been spending too much time in the fairy garden lately. Put down those shrooms, Crooney and step away from the purple trees.

If Fletcher = Ambrosini, I am Jessica Alba's toy boy and Lindsay Lohan's massage therapist.

- Good point about Sheasy.
I recently saw a match from 05 and I think he was better back then!
His touch has become almost like led and his passing is attricious. Top bloke, but a very average footballer.
Thank God he can score vital goals :)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
RedForceRising said:
^ You have been spending too much time in the fairy garden lately. Put down those shrooms, Crooney and step away from the purple trees.

If Fletcher = Ambrosini, I am Jessica Alba's toy boy and Lindsay Lohan's massage therapist.
well then we'll spend a lot of time chating about jessica's cookings :p

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Hargreaves have much better pace ball control dribble passing skills crossing and shooting

Hargro is more composed on the ball and much more relaxed also able to score and assist from set piece and hes able to play in various positions

They both play with heart and passion but Hargreaves is much better

Hargreaves is one of our best midfielders if not the best but Fletcher ain't near that

Byt Fletch have been doing a fantastic job this season and one of our most constant performers

i wish we keep them both and never selling anyone

who would shout like a beast every time we score if Fletcher go ? :)

who will prove that RFR is wrong wrong and wrong if Fletcher go ? :p

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm disappointed salford red, I was willing to bet scott 4 evra would be the only person on here to vote for Fletcher, I hope that was a sympathy vote. abo's doesnt count 'cos he voted for all of them.

Anyway, in the other thread scott 4 evra said 'more than half of united fans agree with me that fletcher is better than hargreaves' yeah looks like it scott...

his work rate is bettered only by park and rooney for me.
Hargreaves, Tevez, Park, Rooney and Ronaldo all have better work rates than him.

we would have to depend on fletcher to be a DM. but i think he has been good so far. but still, it would be hard to choose.
Anderson is a better DM than him.

fletcher is our ambrosini
LOL

fletcher has to be the better all round player because he is nearly always fit . saha was a better striker than tevez for my money but what good is a player who rarely plays ?
How is Fletcher a better all round player? please name me his attributes that are better than Hargreaves.

Saha was a better out and out striker than Tevez. Tevez is still a better all round player though.

and Lindsay Lohan's massage therapist.
eww, freckles

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Hargo>Fletcher and its no contest. Hargo is quicker, stronger, more skillful, better
at shooting, crossing, tackling the lot imo. Fletch wouldnt be miles behind in all
those departments but Hargo is the the better footballer Full Stop.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
This is the best poll ever. Abo have voted for each of the four options. :D

This means Abo is better then both Fletcher and Hargreaves.:D

1 - 20 of 190 Posts