Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hargreaves targets Chelsea comeback

Manchester United star Owen Hargreaves hopes to return to action for Sunday's match against Chelsea.

The 26-year-old pulled out of the recent England double-header with a thigh strain and also sat out Saturday's Barclays Premier League win at Everton.

He was unable to train on Monday morning and now appears to setting his sights on the weekend game with the Blues at Old Trafford instead.

"It's okay, I have never really had this injury before so this is new territory," said the midfielder.

"I thought I would be fit for the Israel game, then the Russia game and then Everton, but I've still not done it. I have to take it day by day so hopefully I will be fit for the weekend."

Hargreaves believes this latest injury, allied to the tendinitis problem which effectively scuppered his pre-season programme and ruled him out of the Red Devils' opening two games against Reading and Portsmouth, is a legacy of the broken leg he suffered in Germany 12 months ago.

"It is frustrating," he said. "I missed pre-season then I had a run of games and I was really enjoying it. It is just disappointing to suffer something so niggly. But I think these injuries come from last season when I broke my leg."

Source:
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1114771,00.html

·
Registered
140 Posts
If he was rating himself doubtful for the cl game he should have plenty of time to recover for sundays game against chelsea.

·
Registered
58 Posts
if hargreaves is fit. i think he will take the starting line up ahead of carrick because I think everyone knows that when fit Hargreaves and Fletcher should be ahead of Carrick for the CM role particularly in the big games. Carrick is a good player but I thin we need to develop him as a more attacking player. His shooting is getting better and better and his passing would be better utilised further up the pitch. He should be competing with Anderson to replace Scholes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts