Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1120906/Uniteds-Hargreaves-undergoes-second-knee-operation-save-career.html?ITO=1490

United's Hargreaves undergoes second knee operation to save career

Manchester United's forgotten £18million midfielder Owen Hargreaves has undergone a second operation on his right knee in an attempt to save his career.

Hargreaves was operated on at Dr Steadman's clinic in Colorado on Thursday to try to cure a long-standing tendonitis problem and is due back in England at the end of the month to start rehab.

The England midfielder won't play again this season but may be able to take part in pre-season training if the operation is a complete success.

Hargreaves, who turns 28 on Tuesday, has been dogged by the knee problem since signing for United from Bayern Munich in 2007. His last game for United came against Chelsea in September.

The Canadian-born player has won 42 England caps but now faces an uncertain future. 'Owen is hoping the operation was successful but we have to wait and see.

'There is no chance of him playing again this season. Being realistic, we have to wait and see what happens. He is in good spirits and will return to England soon to begin work on getting fit again.'

- I hope the surgeries prove to be successful and that he comes back and proves a point!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
We'll see what we see next season. However I'm optimistic. I said right from the start take a year out have the orpeation.

In the long run saving his career will be more than worth a lengthy lay off.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Hopefully it's a success and he can come back in time for pre-season training.

Hargreaves is a fantastic player, and unfortunately we haven't been able to see the best of him. I'm not saying he hasn't played well, because he's played really well. But I think theres more to come.

Having a fit Hargreaves will be like having a new signing. :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Hope hargo is going to be well. He's a great devoted and pasionate player. He loves the club and we should be supporting him. United WE STAND!!!c'mon hargo!!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Mellory said:
Hopefully he'll be okay. He's fantastic and he could teach Ronaldo how to score on free kicks.
lol :D i agree! he took two last year in toal didnt he and scored them both? roando took about 500 and scored about 5 :p !

anyway on a serious note i think if he comes back sucsefal for this he will be our 1st choice midfilder he can attack and defend he can play at right bak hes just a qauilty player one of my faves

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I have always seen Hargo as brilliant player. I sincerely hope and pray he will be back for pre-season, he will be a like a new signing for us. I was gutted when I found out he was out for the season.

Manchester United's forgotten £18million midfielder Owen Hargreaves has undergone a second operation on his right knee in an attempt to save his career.

Owen, your certainly not forgotten by us!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Oh Owen Hargreaves you're the love of my life
Oh Owen Hargreaves I'd let you shag my wife
Oh Owen Hargreaves I want curly hair too

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
The most dynamic and versatile player we have. O'Shea can play everywhere, but Hargreaves can be the man of the match at any position, RB/CB and on the wing, not to mention the way he patrols the center of the park.

He's the man. Tendinitis is no joke though, God speed Owen.

·
Registered
427 Posts
migueldadon said:
Hopefully he'll recover and come in good because frankly he has been a bit of a flop.
:eek: :eek: you serious? I thought he was brilliant for us towards the end of the season... The game against roma at OT seems to ring a bell for me (i think he played right wing that game :confused: )

In some interview he gave a few months ago, he said that he had only been able to play to 60% capacity. jeez, when he is fully fit, he will be our new hero (i hope).

Hoping for a speedy recovery! I know how these long injuries are crap - I was out for 10 months myself!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Brock said:
:eek: :eek: you serious? I thought he was brilliant for us towards the end of the season... The game against roma at OT seems to ring a bell for me (i think he played right wing that game :confused: )
He was in the center that game, I'll never forget it to be honest, one of the best performances I've seen out of a central midfielder I've seen in years, he did everything but score. 10 out of 10. Carrick sat deep, which allowed Hargreaves to get forward, and he was specgoddamntacular.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
piazza said:
He was in the center that game, I'll never forget it to be honest, one of the best performances I've seen out of a central midfielder I've seen in years, he did everything but score. 10 out of 10. Carrick sat deep, which allowed Hargreaves to get forward, and he was specgoddamntacular.
He was actually playing right that game.

Carrick and Anderson were in the middle, and he was the one who crossed for Tevez from the right wing ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts