Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i understand tonights awards will honour the heroic deeds of this man 50 years on from his blackest days . much deserved . true icon for kids to look up too:)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its about time really. Next step is Sir Harry Gregg.
We are fortunate to have his grandson Danny pop onto the forum now and again,
and Im sure he will be at this tonight and he can come and tell us how he got on.
Harry=True Legend + Hero.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
And its taken how long for him to get something? :rolleyes:

Its truly deserved. Hes a hero, even if he says otherwise, and hes a great guy as well.

The award ceremony is on TV tomorrow night though I think.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Bave man, who deserves as much praise as can be given.

Truth be told, United never did enough for the Babes or their families, but that's another topic entirely.

S

·
0 Posts
A great great man, more than a hero, more than a legend,
an inspiration to everyone, not just United supporters,
but millions worldwide.

Stand tall and stand proud Harry.

Thank you and deepest respect to you sir.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
One of the bravest men, and best goalkeepers ever to put on the shirt. I think its about time a man of such high class and stature receives the respect he deserves.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
harry your pukka mate it took true courage and guts to do what you did and your a true gentleman and quality goal keeper to go with it .this honour is overly deserved for one of utds giants .

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
NateR said:
Why he hasn't been knighted yet baffles me.
Exactly.

It seems that people who don't deserve to be knighted have more a chance of getting knighted than the people that do deserve it nowadays. :rolleyes:

I haven't got to see the Pride of Britain, but if anyone has a vid of his presentation please share :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Guy's

Thanks for all the kind comments :)

I didnt manage to go to the pride of britain event, good old work :(

I am to say the least very proud of the award he got

I feel that ITV could have spread the coverage out so that all of the winners had a fair show of the lime light, our family wasnt too bothered that my granddad only had a 10second slot at the end as we know he had a realy good time, but ive heard on the grapevine (whether its true or not) that there were 4 people that they didnt even mention that recieved the awards on the night

I cant thank you guy's enough for these kind comments they are very touching, i hear it again and again that My granddad should be knighted, i am still young and naive so would not know how to put his name down for one, it would be truely breath taking if i was able to do that for him but i am led to believe that someone with importance (eg. MP/local MP)

Thanks alot

Danny

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
its about time...its always sad to me that they honour people when the time is right for them...usually politically, commercially etc and not at the right time.
the guy should have been honoured ages ago...its like the disgrace with the queens honours to the heroes of 1966, when you had some guys houred at different time with different awards.

great to see it acknowledged at last... there are other people from that time to that also need to be acknowledged in the same way ..hope they do that one day aswell!! true heroes!! true reds!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
dannywoodvine said:
Hi Guy's

Thanks for all the kind comments :)

I didnt manage to go to the pride of britain event, good old work :(

I am to say the least very proud of the award he got

I feel that ITV could have spread the coverage out so that all of the winners had a fair show of the lime light, our family wasnt too bothered that my granddad only had a 10second slot at the end as we know he had a realy good time, but ive heard on the grapevine (whether its true or not) that there were 4 people that they didnt even mention that recieved the awards on the night

I cant thank you guy's enough for these kind comments they are very touching, i hear it again and again that My granddad should be knighted, i am still young and naive so would not know how to put his name down for one, it would be truely breath taking if i was able to do that for him but i am led to believe that someone with importance (eg. MP/local MP)

Thanks alot

Danny
Alright Danny. Bummer you couldnt go cos of work but at least he had a good
night. I watched the awards myself, mainly waiting for your grandad to be on,
but they only showed a little bit at the end with Lineker :confused:
I was hoping for more, but I such is life I guess.

Im glad his achievements and heroics were recognised. :)
As for going about getting him nominated for a knighthood, Im not sure how
that works. Maybe Sal or one of the other members could shed a bit of light on it?
Anyway, fair play to your grandad again. We know you are so proud and rightly so.

S

·
0 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
As for going about getting him nominated for a knighthood, Im not sure how
that works. Maybe Sal or one of the other members could shed a bit of light on it?
Anyway, fair play to your grandad again. We know you are so proud and rightly so.
I knew that anyone could nominate any British citizen for a nighthood,
buy not how to do it so here's a link that explains.
http://www.honours.gov.uk/nominate/process.aspx

Nomination forms are on the right hand side.

Maybe we should start an online petition to have this great man knighted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah i hate work lol, It was a bummer that he was on just for a small period but im not going to get myself angry about, he had a good time so thats the main thing

Cheers for the Information on the Knighthood Salford Red i will have to have a read into that and see whether they would accept a family member putting one through, they may think im a bit biased the same with a petition really its kind of annoying

Thanks again for the comments guys its always good to come on here and read articles from fans, i may not post much but i spend alot of time reading through :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts