Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People like to live in fantasy, it keeps them away from reality, its a bit like drugs, an addiction. The last Harry Potter book is on sale as I type, sitting here after been hit with a Harry spell to cause flu! I understand childline are putting extra staff on for kids who cannot handle the fact the old favourites might actually die in this, the seventh and last book. Get a life would be my first retort and then its not real you know!

So, is the NSPCC going to be inundated with calls for help from distraught kids who have finally reached the last page and they suddenly realise - NO MORE!!

Or will there be a sequel "it was all a dream, it never happened, and Dirty Den or Tony B Liar will be the villain".

Parents who have allowed their children to queue for three days and nights in Monsoon season to be the first to get these fantasy tales should be zapped into oblivion along with their abhorent offspring. Childline and the "goody goody" brigade said nowt about that did they?

Ah well, it will soon be over, the internet will be full of spoilers in the morning about who gets killed and how and the rest of us can carry on as if nothing has happened - it hasn't!

and in 40 odd years time?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Red Devil said:
People like to live in fantasy, it keeps them away from reality, its a bit like drugs, an addiction. The last Harry Robbo, sorry, Potter book is on sale as I type, sitting here after been hit with a Harry spell to cause flu! I understand childline are putting extra staff on for kids who cannot handle the fact the old favourites might actually die in this, the seveth and last book. Get a life would be my first retort and then its not real you know!

So, is the NSPCC going to be inundated with calls for help from distraught kids who have finally reached the last page and they suddenly realise - NO MORE!!

Or will there be a sequel "it was all a dream, it never happened, and Dirty Den or Tony B Liar will be the villain".

Parents who have allowed their children to queue for three days and nights in Monsoon season to be the first to get these fantasy tales should be zapped into oblivion along with their abhorent offspring. Childline and the "goody goody" brigade said nowt about that did they?

Ah well, it will soon be over, the internet will be full of spoilers in the morning about who gets killed and how and the rest of us can carry on as if nothing has happened - it hasn't!

and in 40 odd years time?
Well said - I agree, lol.......

Fair play to Joanne Rowling though - she was a single mum living in an apartment ion Middlesborough 10 years ago - now she is worth half a billion pounds !!!!

Just goes to show that if you come up with a half decent idea you can still make good money in this day and age.......

Extra staff at Childline ? ....... madeness..sheer madness !!!

·
Banned
142 Posts
Personally, i don't really have a problem with the whole Harry Potter bandwagon.

In fact, the movies are excellently produced and well made...the special effects are second to none. My nephew is a Harry Potter fan and he loves reading the books...each to their own.

It's understandable that kids who a fans of this are going to be upset if one of their favourite's in the book gets killed...it's the way it is. In fact, the NSPCC dealing with upset children should be done...there's nothing wrong with that.

Different men, women and children worldwide love different things and have different pastimes...be it...books, movies, sports, music..whatever.

These children love Harry Potter with the same passion that most of us on here love Manchester United with...so, i'm not going to knock anybody for liking what they like.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i hate the Harry Potter books, never read one full - they are sooo boring.

I dont find the movies great either.

·
Banned
142 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
i hate the Harry Potter books, never read one full - they are sooo boring.

I dont find the movies great either.
^That's an example of what i'm saying...different people like different things.

You don't like the Harry Potter books and films, and i'm sure that there's some Harry Potter fans don't care much for football....it would be a boring world if people agreed and had the same tastes all the time.

As, i've said those Harry Potter fans probably love the franchise as much as we love the Manchester United franchise....i'm not going to slag off people who happen to like something different....i'm not going to knock anybody for liking what they like....just a personal opinion.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts