Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Nice observation....

I'm not sure I would associate Giggsy's performances with the word best, but unlike some, I though he did very well in central midfield against Aalborg and WBA.

He assisted Rooney against Aalborg and Started the movements that led to Rooney's and Nani's goals against WBA, so i was quite encouraged.

Giggsy has a great footballing brain and he distributed the ball very well and he was more convincing that he has been in the past two season when he was put on the wing or played as a striker.

he might not have the legs, but he will be a very vlauable option for fergie to have in the middle of the pitch.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
^ A bit harsh there.

He made Fletcher's goal and distributed the ball nicely in the first half. Giggsy then had a poor second half, but the whole team didn't show up.

the main thing I would fault him for today was letting the ball run on to Berba when we were 1-0 up instead of putting it in goal and securing the win.

That was very complacent. As a senior figure Giggs is not using his experience which is quite worrying.

Still thought he had had a good first half and that he can play in central midfield.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts