Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has our giggsy found a new home? THE CENTRE OF MIDFIELD.

I remember Fergie testing this out a few years ago and giggs looked far more comfortable there than on the wing as he did not have to raid the touch-line let's face it we can't expect him to do that anymore.

Then Fergie never played him there and i was a bit disappointed and even though i was sad for scholes' injury i was delighted to see giggs play in the centre again. He's been our best player (rooney aside) in the last month. Plus what are opposition defenses thinking when Ronaldo and Nani are attacking the wings and Giggs is running through the centre.

I know we have plenty of centre midfielders to come back but the football we are playing now is amazing to watch and the speed that Giggs turns our defenses into attacks can be seen in our 4th goal against West Brom.

For me this is without doubt the best football Giggs has played in the last few years and I would have no problem if Fergie continued playing him there.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jazz 16 said:
In the 06/07 season Giggs played a fair bit in the centre of the park and we won the league that year.
He has done well this year in that position and has set up a few goals an done well.
But when the big guns come back he will just be a bit part player.

Jazz he never really played there at all that season because Carrick, Fletch and Scholes were there. It was actually the season before that he played there with O Shea.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no i promise u Scholes' eye thing was the season before. His return was actually the main reason we won the league. The season before Keane had left, Scholes got injured so we only had Giggs and O Shea left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts