Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez aside we have no goalscorers. No player that ever looks like scoring. Giggs has scored 2 goals, Scholes has 1, Carrick 1, Hargreaves 2, Fletcher 2, Anderson 0.

Giggs and Scholes both seem to get in to shooting positions but both are always reluctant to shoot, particularly Scholes. These 2 are older I know but you could get around 30 goals a season between these pair a few years back and now it's 3. This is costing us dear and the fact we didn't start Tevez and Rooney yesterday meant Rooney was our only goal threat.

Do we rely to heavily on our Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez aside we have no goalscorers. No player that ever looks like scoring. Giggs has scored 2 goals, Scholes has 1, Carrick 1, Hargreaves 2, Fletcher 2, Anderson 0.

Giggs and Scholes both seem to get in to shooting positions but both are always reluctant to shoot, particularly Scholes. These 2 are older I know but you could get around 30 goals a season between these pair a few years back and now it's 3. This is costing us dear and the fact we didn't start Tevez and Rooney yesterday meant Rooney was our only goal threat.

Do we rely to heavily on our Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez?
To an extent I think you are right , but when United are playing Ok it doesn't matter. It matters now though. Can I ask what do you make of my points on the no regrets thread?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
yes i'd agree it doesnt matter when the magic three are fit and playing, but nows time for others to prove their worth ... not only about goals but we need edwin to get his game back together, we need a consistant back four anderson to perform consistantly for the next 3/4 games and most of all we need ronaldo rooney and tevez to play every minute of the remaining games, cos chelseas best players will be on the pitch for every game i can tell you that for certain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
they are getting old and that is not helping them.....they get into scoring opportunities very less now and when they do they just tend to waste it....too bad for them and very bad for us.... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez aside we have no goalscorers. No player that ever looks like scoring. Giggs has scored 2 goals, Scholes has 1, Carrick 1, Hargreaves 2, Fletcher 2, Anderson 0.

Giggs and Scholes both seem to get in to shooting positions but both are always reluctant to shoot, particularly Scholes. These 2 are older I know but you could get around 30 goals a season between these pair a few years back and now it's 3. This is costing us dear and the fact we didn't start Tevez and Rooney yesterday meant Rooney was our only goal threat.

Do we rely to heavily on our Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez?
disagree there :eek: . my points :

1. Scholesy is a holding and defensive player now and is playing too deep back to score

2. Its Anderson's first season

3. Hargreaves is a defensive player

4. Giggsy has been bad but is not wat u call a goal scorer.... maybe i agree here

5. nani has been brilliant

6. Carrick is cementing his place
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
carrick, nani, anderson are alll playing great so they dont have to score
giggs and scholes arent playing that much
hargo plays as a defender or defensive midfielder + hes a great player
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
futbol said:
disagree there :eek: . my points :

1. Scholesy is a holding and defensive player now and is playing too deep back to score

2. Its Anderson's first season

3. Hargreaves is a defensive player

4. Giggsy has been bad but is not wat u call a goal scorer.... maybe i agree here

5. nani has been brilliant

6. Carrick is cementing his place

Agree 100% here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
futbol said:
disagree there :eek: . my points :

1. Scholesy is a holding and defensive player now and is playing too deep back to score

2. Its Anderson's first season

3. Hargreaves is a defensive player

4. Giggsy has been bad but is not wat u call a goal scorer.... maybe i agree here

5. nani has been brilliant

6. Carrick is cementing his place
I disagree with this. A player with Scholes's ability should be scoring more goals. He is not a defensive midfielder, granted he does play more deep. Rooney was our only goal threat on sat, and he was the only player who scored. we can't just rely on 3 players to score all the time.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
I think we have been over reliant on Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney this season. The fact that Saha, who has missed the vast majority of the season through injury, is our 4th highest goal scorer speaks volumes.

We have struggled for goals from midfield, with the obvious exception of Ronaldo, and I think a goal scoring midfielder would be a good addition to the squad...unless Fergie believes Nani and Anderson will contribute more goals next season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
yey scholes makes it 2 for the season. wat a legend thats why he should shoot more often.
lol, kind of puts this thread to bed didnt it Scott? :p

What a goal by Scholes tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jazz 16 said:
lol, kind of puts this thread to bed didnt it Scott? :p

What a goal by Scholes tonight.
Well not really. i said he should have more confidence in shooting and someone should take responsibility of scoring away from the main 3 and thats whatbhappened. When you see a goal like that, you'd think he'd let fly a bit more often.
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Well not really. i said he should have more confidence in shooting and someone should take responsibility of scoring away from the main 3 and thats whatbhappened. When you see a goal like that, you'd think he'd let fly a bit more often.
he scores goals galore, he scores goals...paul scholes he scores goals!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
I disagree with this. A player with Scholes's ability should be scoring more goals. He is not a defensive midfielder, granted he does play more deep. Rooney was our only goal threat on sat, and he was the only player who scored. we can't just rely on 3 players to score all the time.
He scored mate ~ :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez aside we have no goalscorers. No player that ever looks like scoring. Giggs has scored 2 goals, Scholes has 1, Carrick 1, Hargreaves 2, Fletcher 2, Anderson 0.

Giggs and Scholes both seem to get in to shooting positions but both are always reluctant to shoot, particularly Scholes. These 2 are older I know but you could get around 30 goals a season between these pair a few years back and now it's 3. This is costing us dear and the fact we didn't start Tevez and Rooney yesterday meant Rooney was our only goal threat.

Do we rely to heavily on our Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez?
Like your style! Cried that one in!!!! Paul Scoles he scores goals!!!!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top