Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They started the season stronger than usual;
in the past years, always out soon from the fight for PL title, even if in Champions League gave their best and showed powerful.

But this year they seem to join their maturity, with the most representative men at the top of their carrer, with an impressive GERRARD, and good players in all role, also with alternatives. Moreover, they don't want to let anything at the case.

Will they succeed to keep closer to MAn Utd. and Chelsea, or even to fight for the title till the end ???

Not sure about the defence, but Benitez covers that setting almost all team behind the ball....................... What 's the thought of United's supporters ??

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I hope not but i have a strange felling they will
i think the city game will really prove if they have the constancy
becuse its games like this where you stumble and fall and they drew it last year after having loads of clear opportunies

Z

·
0 Posts
I just made a massive post for this but my browser crashed and I lost it so I'll keep it simple this time.

Liverpool are ****! Only Gerrard and Torres would get into our team. They've been too lucky so far and it will run out soon. Their defence is crap, especially Dossena.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
It's very early days and with Agger maybe heading to Real Madrid, I still think they don't have the squad to challenge.

They've been playing Kuyt on the right wing and their full-backs don't really impress me.

Beside Torres and Gerrard though there are not many others that would get onto Man Utd's team sheet save Ryan Babel.

Struggling against Boro and Stoke, they could be a few injuries away from coming undone.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Well firstly Gerrard got his 100th goal for scumpool.

They are very motivated at the moment with all their players specially Torres who want to break scoring record but I believe in football.

What I mean is injuries, tiredness many thing is included in football, I don't wish bad for a player like to be injured or anything but if Torres is out they are finished and surely they will face a lot of difficulties in away match this season.

Our main rival will be chuski they badly need a defeat in order to get their moral down, I hope a small team do it lol.

Who know Aston Villa away match can prove fatal to chuski on Saturday.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Their squad is too thin, to contend on the league front. They'll start dropping points and probably start focusing on Europe as per usual. It should be noted, just how awful their back 4 is. Its horrendous, Dossena is awful, that Swiss guy is horrible, Carragher has some shockers too. I think Skrtel is pretty good, and it looks like they're gonna lose Agger too, can't blame him for wanting to play for a big club.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't think so. Once we get to January I think they will be off the pace. I wouldn't be surprised to see Aston Villa finish ahead of them this year. They are certainly not good enough to finish above us.

·
Registered
734 Posts
liverpool will fade away after christmas like they usually do and finish 4th if their lucky as city might take that from them and i hope they do.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
thekeanefella said:
they simply dont have the squad to compete against the BIG 3 for the title, villa will easily take 4th .
I think its more of a big 2, to be honest. Arsenal haven't been in it for a while. I know they lead for a long time last year and only finished 4 points off, but the year previous they finished 21 points off, and the year before that they were 24 behind. Not to mention the last trophy they won was the F.A. Cup in 04/05. Liverpool's last trophy was that same F.A. Cup in 2006, plus they've never won this incarnation of the League as well.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
its amazing everyone is writing the scousers off already , remember they out of all the contenders are the most highly motivated because its been 18 years.
Sooner or later they will be back of that there is no doubt , we have had 10 league wins without response and i dread them winning the league again but they will one day.
i just pray they take 26 years to regain the title just like we did.
the trouble is they have the momentum and the motivation i hope they have a couple of bad results soon and hopefully the wheels will fall off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts