Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those that are going to moscow next week, are we now in a very difficault position in terms of safety because of the terrible scenes of the rangers invasion of manchester last week? will us united fans get punished for rangers stupidity ? what do you think guys ? i for one am pretty nervous now ...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Do you fear the Moscow hooligans looking forward to pay back for what Rangers fans did to Zenit fans? From what Ive heard there's no risk that'll happen. They hate each other in Russia too.:D If there'll be another riot they just do it to still their blood thirst.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I can't see the Russians taking revenge against United supporters for something that the Rangers supporters done.

I think they'll just treat you as they want to. The Rangers incident is irrelevant imo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't say I'm worried personally, I know as long as I don't get drunk and go looking for trouble, I should make it home in one piece. ;)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
The russians are a very racist people in the main. Having been supressed under communism for so long they are extremely volatile and prone to impatience.

·
Registered
143 Posts

The russians are a very racist people in the main.
By saying that, you are being very racist!!

How on earth can you judge several millions based on their nationality?

I am really shocked!​

·
Registered
36 Posts
marty davidson said:
dont care what happens of the field what happens on the field is more important
Well that's hardly true if a load of people get injuried or worse killed, that seems a rather laughable comment in my opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hadi said:

I am really shocked!​

I don't think he's being racist, he's just stating a fact. He said in the main, therefore he doesn't mean everyone. Lot's of people in the old eastern block countries are racist. It's an unfortunate fact.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Moscow is (deleted) horrible unless you are in an organised group you wouldnt want to be walking off on your own,i was there last year and about them being rascist ,they are.

1st warning for swearing in a post - Red Devil

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
for racism - read nationalistic - read racially ingrown - no big deal. The people who make worse of things than they are are usually more racial by virtue of the fact they are quick to complain about the slightest thing. I am not racist, and dont care what you think because its true, see Greenhoff reply.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Red Devil said:
for racism - read nationalistic - read racially ingrown - no big deal. The people who make worse of things than they are are usually more racial by virtue of the fact they are quick to complain about the slightest thing. I am not racist, and dont care what you think because its true, see Greenhoff reply.
Care enough to comment though mate.

nah i'm just being pedantic and messing around with you!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they may hate zenit, im talking more about the police, they are notoriously violent and dare i say bent, for example if you get arrested over there and have a nice watch or a wallet full of money they'll happily take it and move you on and forget about it, it's wrong that the final was ever agreed over there tbh, i really hope everything goes well but i stand by my statement that the rangers fans havent made it easier for us traveling united fans

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Hadi said:

I am really shocked!​
like he said IN THE MAIN. Dont mean every russian is a racist. Your reading too much into the statement and concluding that is racism.

Most Americans are fat. Is that racist???

Maze187 said:
Well that's hardly true if a load of people get injuried or worse killed, that seems a rather laughable comment in my opinion.
totally agree. would rather see us lose than hear about any united fan getting injured or killed.

its only a game after all!!! The scenes at Lille with the crushing of United fans and Roma disturbed me greatly

·
Registered
63 Posts
They couldn`t of picked a worse place for it in my view.The police will be heavy handed im sure also you will be ripped off at every opportunity.Really hope no Utd fan gets seriously injured there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
http://blogs.notw.co.uk/newsoftheworld_scotland/2008/05/english-rent-a.html#more

yes was Rangers fault eh so there was none of yer own people involved in the rioting?
Before you go blaming just Rangers take a look at your own backyard your own people trashing their own city fantastic.
so maybe more english people with nothing to do with Rangers had more involvement than Rangers fans this news puts the minority of Rangers fans even lower than at first thought.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I just hope the distinction between United/Rangers, English/Scottish is made. If they view us as British hooligans there could be trouble.

There's bound to be the odd fight here and there - always is when copious amounts of alcohol is involved. There better not be any major trouble though because the Russian police (or should that be paramilitaries?) will have no qualms about handing out beatings first and asking questions later.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts