Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal could emerge as the only winners from the games of this weekend - if
they beat Blackburn.

Victory tonight takes them 5 points clear at the top of the table after Chelsea and
Liverpool only drew 0-0.

I am very happy I managed to miss this game apparently it was terribly boring !

But it now leaves United having to rely upon United old boy Mark Hughes to do
us a favour - but surely we shouldn't be relying on others !

It's United's own fault - they can blame no one else - 1 point from the last 6 is not
a crisis but then again it's not good enough !

Well the points have gone now - but it's the way United have played which makes
me worried. Against Spurs and now also against City they were completely
outplayed and outclassed.

Our run in from mid March is not good to look at either with Liverpool, Villa,
Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham and Middlesborough included. Top sides and bogey
teams all of them.

Newcastle, Fulham, Bolton and Derby make up the opposition in the next four
games and nothing less than 12 points is enough from these games !!

Chelsea dropped points this weekend but they are certainly not out of it …

Arsenal though - well they just keep ploughing on relentlessly !! Unless
Blackburn create a miracle tonight and upset the formbook Arse are going to be
feeling more comfortable than United for sure.

Have United blown it now … ?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I don't thinks so.............Arsnal won't last the race but had Jose stayed at Chelsea.......then I think we would have blown it but we're on course for another title, IMO

STAY POSOTIVE!!!!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was always thinking Arsenal wont last the distance ...

But they just keep going and going and going !!

It's non-stop ...

The ACN comes and goes ...

Still they kept going ... :eek:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Yes Carly - we've blown it ! There's no way Wenger will give us a present should they beat Blackburn tonight.Few years back i would have said - nah - Arsenal will blow it, but now...not a chance... Wenger is faaar to experienced...especially after the invincibles season

·
Registered
303 Posts
Its a long way to go if we can beat Arse at OT is down to 2 points and they still have to play Chelsea if they drop points were top not over yet such a long way to go, silly for people to be panicking Utd will pick themself's up with hard games for both teams were all going to drop points plenty more twists yet.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
alto10 said:
Its a long way to go if we can beat Arse at OT is down to 2 points and they still have to play Chelsea if they drop points were top not over yet such a long way to go, silly for people to be panicking Utd will pick themself's up with hard games for both teams were all going to drop points plenty more twists yet.
yes - but you forgot to mention that we have many games untill then - and you're so sure we're gonna win them all, right ?

·
Registered
322 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

It's non-stop ...

EXACTLY, im getting sick of believing " Arsenal wont last long, look at the players, lol " But they keep winning.

But they havnt blown it, YET. They have a game against Arsenal left, and they will need a win there for sure, and i really think or thought that United could stand a better chance against Liverpool and Chelsea then Arsenal.

But theres one thing for sure, give Ronaldo a bitch slap if he dont fight and put our little korean out there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

It's non-stop ...

true what u said carly, but then again, arsenal is not perfect. They could drop some points out of no where. The ball is round and anything can happen.

There is no doubt in my mind that SAF has confidence in his players to go all the way. If he has confidence in the boys, why shouldnt we?

·
Registered
303 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
yes - but you forgot to mention that we have many games untill then - and you're so sure we're gonna win them all, right ?
Didnt say we would win them all just saying Arsenal will still drop points as will we

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm not sure, of course, you can never... ever write United off, but, Arsenal keep playing well and winning.. The game at Old Trafford between United and Arsenal is now a must win, and we'll have to hope that Chelsea can slow them down, but, we must go to Stamford Bridge too.. and it's hard to think where else they will drop points. Sir Alex said a couple of weeks ago, that the winners might have to go the rest of the season unbeaten, and we've already failed at that!

Nevertheless.. keep believing, and don't forget theres always the Champions League, and if that fails... the FA Cup!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Its not over yet. Arsenal still hvae to play the Big 3 again, and i know we can take 3 off them next time round. They'll drop points again, hopefully soon, and we need to capitalise on that when they do.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Barclays Premier League
Chelsea v Arsenal, 16:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 29 March 2008
Barclays Premier League
Bolton v Arsenal, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 05 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 12 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Arsenal, 15:00

if they don't drop many points on here - then we have nothing to hope for

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
It aint over till the fat lady sings....
There is still everything to play for and only 5 points in it.
I was going to say what Crooney posted above me.
Arse have some very tough games in a row, away to Chelsea and ourselves.....
So it wont be plain sailing for them by any stretch of the imagination.

We are all still down and sad after Sundays game, but we have to think positive, get behind the team and Believe we can do it. There is still lots of points up for grabs and Arse WILL drop points this season (fact), we just need to capitalise and go on a run.
Manchester United Premiership Champions 07/08

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
It aint over till the fat lady sings....
Don't talk about Carly like that :p

Seriously, we have a long way to go. If this were early May I'd be sweating a lot more, but for now... we've still got it :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes Blown it, and for 2 same mistake in 2 in row, not toleratable.
We will loose BPL cup and hope that chelsea wont pass us

·
Registered
26 Posts
Woke up this morning hoping for some pick-me-up only to find out that Arse had pulled five clear from us. :eek:

At this point, I'd dearly loved to say we can do it but at this moment, our play seems lethargic and unimaginative. Our opponents seem to be having the measure of our best players, e.g. Ronaldo and unfortunately, our other players aren't chipping in enough from midfield such as Giggsy. It's quite clear now that once Ronaldo can be stopped and Rooney is absent, we're pretty much done for.

I'm still miffed :mad: that SAF didn't see it fit to bring in any players during the January window. Anyone care to speculate why? My immediate feeling is that he wanted to balance the books and was counting on the return of our walking wounded to take us through. :(

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Once again some hit the panic button - Relax - if we can regain the league from 12 points behind Newcastle. Then I think a 5 point lead is not impossible to close on an inexperienced (at the very top) Arsenal team!

As Jazz said, its not over until the fat lady sings and she'll be sing GLORY GLORY MAN UTD when she does. Why? Because United will win the Premiership!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts