Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we have already done the treble this season, with the Community Shield, Premier League and Euro Champions cup.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
We've won a treble, but not the treble. Kind of like in 1999 when we did the treble, but also won the Intercontinental Cup, which would mean we did a quadruple.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grif SA said:
We've won a treble, but not the treble. Kind of like in 1999 when we did [/i]the[/i] treble, but also won the Intercontinental Cup, which would mean we did a quadruple.
Was that also the Tokoyo thing we won? I remember a golden key as the trophy.

Anyway it's "A" treble nonetheless.

Z

·
0 Posts
It's nice to have beaten Chelsea to three trophies,
but like Grif says, it's not THE treble.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grif SA said:
Yeah, it is the old equivalent of the FIFA Club World Cup.
Yeah when we won that we became the best and richest club in the world and world champions, I hope we can win it again this time round.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keano! said:
Honestly, no

Its not a big deal really.

The three big ones are what gives us a treble so no....
Well if you look at it this way, right, we beat the FA cup holders in the charity shield, which was one of the trophies we didn't win last season, so I'd say the community sheild surpasses the FA cup in that respect because we beat the FA cup holders and the community shield we won this season.

So just because the FA cup is the most famous of most cups in the world, doesn't class our trophies this season as the actual treble.

Just like the UEFA super cup surpasses the champions league cup.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:

Well if you look at it this way, right, we beat the FA cup holders in the charity shield, which was one of the trophies we didn't win last season, so I'd say the charity sheild surpasses the FA cup in that respect because we beat the FA cup holders and the community shield we won this season.

So just because the FA cup is the most famous of most cups in the world, doesn't class our trophies this season as the actual treble.

The Community Sheld is more important than the FA Cup?

Did I get you right? :confused:

If I did, I disagree completly.......

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keano! said:
The Community Sheld is more important than the FA Cup?

Did I get you right? :confused:

If I did, I disagree completly.......
Surpasses the FA cup, not better, I said. The Community Sheild is superior to the FA cup because the winners play the premier league champions, it's a progression cup, which should make it more valuable.

People should appreciate the shield more than the FA cup, that's all I'm saying. The community shield tells you who is better team out of the FA cup holders or the Premier League winners.

Z

·
0 Posts
No it doesn't, it's a one off game where sometimes youth
players and reserves are used. teams are still in pre-season
preparation and trying to get new signings to gel with the
existing squad. Neither team is ever at full strength. The
Community Shield is nowhere near as valuable as the FA Cup!.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I wouldn't say the Charity, or Community shield, whatever its called nowadays :p is worthy to be called part of a treble tbh.

Its just a pre-season trophy imo, like the Amsterdam tournament we won 2 years ago ;)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
manutd004 said:
I wouldn't say the Charity, or Community shield, whatever its called nowadays :p is worthy to be called part of a treble tbh.

Its just a pre-season trophy imo, like the Amsterdam tournament we won 2 years ago ;)
Yeah, sometimes this pre-season warm up game isnt between the league winners and the FA cup winners.:p We've played a 2nd rating team the years we won the League-FA Cup doubles ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts