Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
No we sound like Liverpool then.
Here here Scott the only 3 trophies worth bragging about are the league , the Ecl and the Fa cup. The others are just mickey mouse competitions for the likes of Loserpool hence why he took great pleasure from singing they can stick their plastic treble up their asses in 2001:p . it was only for the likes of that great fraud Houllier that the charity shield was taken seriously;)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well last I heard its considerd to be a MINOR Treble, similar to Liverpoo's minor treble with the League Cup , FA Cup, and UEFA Cup! Out of 5 trophies we were in for we got 3 and next season we will be contesting for 7...I so can't wait for next season!!

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Calling this the treble would tarnish "the" treble! Get me?

As scott says, we don't want to sound like Looserpool now do we?

We won two trophy's and a shield so we did the double! ;)

hence the "Double" on the season review DVD! ;) lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Keano! said:
Calling this the treble would tarnish "the" treble! Get me?

As scott says, we don't want to sound like Looserpool now do we?

We won two trophy's and a shield so we did the double! ;)

hence the "Double" on the season review DVD! ;) lol
Aye, I get ya but the answer to the question is YES.

We won 3 'Cups' :p

Aye dont want to sound like Liverpewl with there plastic treble hence the 'dont brag about it' comment.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
no. community shield is a friendly tournament and player appearances are never including in stats.

its like saying if we win comm shield, super cup and world club champ that we have done treble again.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I wouldn't really count the League Cup as part of a treble. IMO the only real treble is FA Cup, CL and Prem. I won the CL, Prem and League Cup on my FM game in my first season but i didn't really class it as the "treble". Like when L'Pool won thir "Treble" in 2001 or w/e. They won the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA, that's barely worth bragging about all rubbish bar the FA.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
I wouldn't really count the League Cup as part of a treble. IMO the only real treble is FA Cup, CL and Prem. I won the CL, Prem and League Cup on my FM game in my first season but i didn't really class it as the "treble". Like when L'Pool won thir "Treble" in 2001 or w/e. They won the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA, that's barely worth bragging about all rubbish bar the FA.
That's exactly what I think. The real Treble is the one we won in 1999. Liverpool's 'Treble' doesn't even come close to ours.

As far as us winning the 'Treble' in 07/08, I think again it could be classed as a treble but obviously the big two trophies were won in May not August.

G

·
antdevil78 said:
butt out mod!!!!! We will discuss wot we like
Indeed, and if you look on page one you'll notice I discussed it too.

Mods are not JUST staff members, we're allowed to post
about football and voice our opinion on subjects too you know :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
There is no point to keep on talkling about something we already have the answer to like zuco said lol

Last season we did do A Treble...its called a MINOR TREBLE just like liverpoo's one of a league cup, fa cup and uefa cup. It is not THE famous terble of 1999 of a CL, EPL and FA Cup.

But an interesting note is that most sites say we did the european double

Meaning the domestic league and champions league

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.