Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Rooney_10 said:
I personally like the debate about if it i was over the line or not wot do you lot think?
Good thread Mr .....

I had a rather heated debate about this on another forum - nothing new there really, lol.

I'm with you on this one - for 130 years the beautiful game has managed without it - and we had some cool debates over decisions too......so I say bin it and carry on as we are......

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Anderson's God said:
A certain Spurs would be very happy after a few seasons ago!
That particular incident saved us, lol.....but this season we had one disllowed and it was 9 inches over the line - now for the life of me I cant recall which game it was in - but Hawk Eye might have helped us out there - its all swings and roundabouts tho - these are 2 good examples where we lost out - and then gained ....

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
That particular incident saved us, lol.....but this season we had one disllowed and it was 9 inches over the line - now for the life of me I cant recall which game it was in - but Hawk Eye might have helped us out there - its all swings and roundabouts tho - these are 2 good examples where we lost out - and then gained ....
FA Cup Final when Giggs 'missed'?

Would of put us 1-0 up aswel

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
FA Cup Final when Giggs 'missed'?

Would of put us 1-0 up aswel
No not that one - that was a bit debateable and maybe it was, maybe it wasn't....

The one I remember was clearly 9 inches over the line with no one anywhere near the ball......ffs come on Carly ya useless biatch - REMEMBER !!!!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Nah Giggs's was clearly in lol. He should of scored it properly in the 1st place though, not rolling it over the line.

Was the one your talking about a header? against like Pompey was it?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Yep I think you are right there. It was Vidic with a header at the back post.
Yes it was - nice one.

We actually went on to win the game so it was kinda funny afterwards but if we had drawn or lost it would have been time to cry again :p

So yeah - sometimes we get ripped off and sometimes we get saved but I think it should stay as it is......otherwise our football will end up the same as the American football - stop, start, stop, start - Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... !!!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
otherwise our football will end up the same as the American football - stop, start, stop, start - Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... !!!
i dunno like. If u watch Tennis, that Hawk-eye thing shows the result straight away, theres hardly a delay.

But as u also said, it will eliminate talking points in football which would be bad

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
i dunno like. If u watch Tennis, that Hawk-eye thing shows the result straight away, theres hardly a delay.

But as u also said, it will eliminate talking points in football which would be bad
But they wont just limit it to goal line decisions will they ?

I read its gonna cost something like £4 mill to design fail safe equipment to do the job and half a mill to have it installed in the ground..........for what ?

The odd 2 or 3 times a season this kind of thing happens - bit expensive really.

They would then introduce it for offside decisions - where a 4th official will become involved - then we would all be sat there like muppets waiting for him to make his mind up.

The whole thing will grow into a nightmare for us......the fans so I say we vote against it.....not they often listen to the nfans the tossers :eek: :eek:

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
i agree about the costs, how are lower league teams gonna afford it?
Well they wont be able to - just like they couldn't afford to make their grounds all seater - but they were forced to do it by the FA so they end up borrowing cash to keep going.

If it is forced upon everyone I for one would be more than happy for the big boys to finance the whole thing - all teams in the Prem chip in - I say this because some of these 'little' teams make for good cup ties and they all have their own little place in history !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts