Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much info yet, but apparently they found pills. Obviously, they're saying it was an over dose.

Such a good actor to die so young, but if it was his own fault on the od then no sympathy from me.

S

·
0 Posts
Cheers for news PZ. Sad though it is : ((
Found this bit more..

"At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A of 421 Broome Street in SoHo for an appointment with Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Ledger's bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Ledger unresponsive. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play and said they found pills near his body."

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just shooting out the news RD...

He was in some good movies and was a decent actor. Personally, I think Hollywood lost a decent person.

But again, a willing OD gets no sympathy from me

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Headlines

HEATH LEDGER KILLS HIMSELF WITH DRUGS!!!

Way down the "page":

BRITISH SOLDIER DIES IN AFGHANISTAN

Corporal Darryl Gardiner, 25, was with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, serving attached to 5th Regiment Royal Artillery (Brigade Reconnaissance Force). He died when a mine exploded under the vehicle he was travelling in southern Afghanistan.

This is the culture of "news" today ..............

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
poor fellow...........i loved him in 10 things i hate about you.....great movie and great acting by him..........he was gonna play joker in "dark knight"....R.I.P

D

·
0 Posts
Red Devil said:
Headlines

Way down the "page":

Corporal Darryl Gardiner, 25, was with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, serving attached to 5th Regiment Royal Artillery (Brigade Reconnaissance Force). He died when a mine exploded under the vehicle he was travelling in southern Afghanistan.

Exactly RD. By the way! He played a faggot in that film broke back mountain.

But did he drop anchor in poo bay for real?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
DAVID BRENT...."FACT" said:
Exactly RD. By the way! He played a faggot in that film broke back mountain.

But did he drop anchor in poo bay for real?
I don't think so. He has a daughter.

Jake Gyllenhal played his lover in the film but he's going out with Reese Witherspoon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
poor fellow...........i loved him in 10 things i hate about you.....great movie and great acting by him..........he was gonna play joker in "dark knight"....R.I.P
he is the joker productions finished
sad to hear it though rip

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
R.I.P to Heath Ledger, terrific actor and a local boy. Will be missed by the industry and his daughter.

"New York police sources say investigators are leaning toward an accidental drug overdose with prescription pills as the cause of death, although toxicology results expected in a week will likely solve the riddle.

New York police found six different types of prescription drugs in Ledger's apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety."

Still not confirmed as suicide yet RD and others who don't care, but I do agree that there are worse things happening around the world that do not get anywhere near the kind of coverage they should be getting. In one sense Heath was just an actor to some, someone who doesn't do an awful lot for the community, to others he was a national icon as such and a terrific actor in an industry which can influence many peoples lives.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
if rooney was to die tomorrow pages would be written .
but the soldier would get barely a paragraph .
it will always be like this as we put our entertainers up on pedastals .
anyone who brings joy into our lives be it by films tv or sport will be missed by many . its the same with pay for instance . a surgeon has arguably the most important job in the world but a top sport star takes home as much in a week as he does in a year . it seems prescription drugs were not his only vice as pics in some papers of him snorting coke with naomi campbell and reports rolled up 20 dollar bill found by bed .

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Red Devil said:
Headlines

Way down the "page":

How many people have heard of gardiner though, althougth it is sad why would it be news to anyone other than his family, on the other hadn ledger was a world famous actor known by millions it would be quite strange if it wasn't big news that he died.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Red Devil said:
Ledger - world famous? I for one had never heard of him before this, hardly famous.
Your obviously not much of movie watcher or don't really know much about films if you don't think heath ledger wasn't world famous.:confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts