Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gabriel Heinze feared he would not have played a single minute all season if he had stayed at Manchester United.

The Argentine defender secured a move to Real Madrid earlier this week, after United prevented him from joining Premier League rivals Liverpool.

Heinze claimed a letter signed by chief executive David Gill indicating United would be willing to sell at a price of £6.8million constituted official approval for him to leave, but United disagreed and a three-man panel brought together to settle the dispute found in favour of the club.

He had been expected to appeal that decision before completing his move to Real, as he knew he had no future at Old Trafford.

"I deserved better treatment after my efforts for the club," he told the News of the World.

"I had to leave because I am convinced (Sir Alex) Ferguson would not give me a minute all season.

"Now I would love to play United in the Champions League."

World Cup dispute

Heinze believes Ferguson was unhappy with his involvement in last summer's World Cup after spending almost the whole of the 2005/06 season sidelined with a serious knee injury.

"I went to Spain for recovery but Ferguson thought it would be impossible for me to play in Germany to the proper conditions," he said.

"You could say I won the bet but I upset him and from that moment on, things were different between us."

i would love to play him in CL...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
My heart bleeds for you Gaby.
I really hope we get Madrid in the Champs league now even though they are good.
Can you imagine Ronnie skinning Heinze time and time again even if they are still mates.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ive never liked Heinze. He doesnt have the pace, a strong right foot and the aggression needed for the backline. Who would you rather go at: Vidic or Heinze? I think a true example of great defending was Vidic against Drogba at Old Trafford last year. Drogba was nothing. Heinze never performed like that; at least to my knowledge but he had a few goals here and there.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Brock said:
Ive never liked Heinze. He doesnt have the pace, a strong right foot and the aggression needed for the backline. Who would you rather go at: Vidic or Heinze? I think a true example of great defending was Vidic against Drogba at Old Trafford last year. Drogba was nothing. Heinze never performed like that; at least to my knowledge but he had a few goals here and there.
A few good points there but I dont think anybody could argue that Heinze didnt have the aggression needed. He was one of the most aggressive players around. Thats why he won the Sir Matt Busby Trophy in his first year. His aggression and fighting spirit were his finest attributes.
He is gone now anyway and I wont be talking about him anymore, the bollix.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
A few good points there but I dont think anybody could argue that Heinze didnt have the aggression needed. He was one of the most aggressive players around. Thats why he won the Sir Matt Busby Trophy in his first year. His aggression and fighting spirit were his finest attributes.
He is gone now anyway and I wont be talking about him anymore, the bollix.
Again, I dont see many games since I'm in the States and I know he had some injury problems at the end of his term at united. In the end, I'm glad he played for us and wish his all the best in Spain.

And as to my aggression comment, I was merely just comparing him to Vidic. Vidic is a badass. But that clumsy turnover in the middle of the park yesterday almost cost us!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Brock said:
Again, I dont see many games since I'm in the States and I know he had some injury problems at the end of his term at united. In the end, I'm glad he played for us and wish his all the best in Spain.

And as to my aggression comment, I was merely just comparing him to Vidic. Vidic is a badass. But that clumsy turnover in the middle of the park yesterday almost cost us!
Yes Vidic IS a Badass!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts