Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over 50m pounds spent on new signings, and maybe tevez on his way to OT. That's great, but we must face the fact that players like Gaby, Smudger, rossi and maybe 2 or 3 more will have to face sitting on the bench almost the whole season or change clubs. I dont want to see either of these possibilities happen.

Heinze - He gave his heart on the pitch and played with 110% last few seasons.
Smith - United's biggest fighter on the pitch. He played on every position that SAF put him. I hate to see him leaving.
Silvestre - He has always played solid games. Maybe not last season due to injuries.
Rossi - Young player that has played only 6 games for United and scored once. He deserves another chance.
Park - What will happen to park? He will probably stay and watch his team - mates from the bench.
Fletcher - Everyone will agree that Darren is playing great for the time he spents on the pitch, and with the new signings in the midfield we'll see him more on the stands than on the bench.

I don't want to see all these players leave although the squad needs more space with the new arrivals and it is almost sure that we will watch some of these players in different clubs next season.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I think Fletcher will definately still get games, so will Heinze and O'shea (who you didn't mention).

As for the other players i think they'll definately all struggle to get games. Especially Rossi which is an absolutely shame as we've been offered alot of money for him and he played really well out on loan.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We have to face facts that players WILL leave. Its the only way for United and them personally to move forward. We have drastically improved our squad this summer with Nani, Anderson, OH and hopefully Tevez to come in. Its best for the club. With these guys coming in its inevitable that some players will leave. Its all for the benefit of ManU in the long run. Players like Heinze and Smith who are firm favorites amongst myself and all United fans are bound to leave. It will be sad to see them or whoever goes but if they gotta go we will wish them well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Smith and Richardson are certs to go, Gaby will probably end up at either Barca or Real Madrid, which says a lot when we are prepared to let him go to either of those 2. Fletcher and Park are really going to struggle to get games this season as we now have a very heavy midfield. SAF hasn't strengthened in defence so I cant see, Brown O'Shea or Silvestre leaving unless an offer too good to turn down comes in for one of those. IF smudger does go then Rossi will stay as we need 4 forwards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think every one seems to be forgeting there is one only player we should sell and we should have sold years ago when we where offered good money for him and thats..
LOUIS SAHA!!

he's the laziest player utd have ever bought/played, he very rearly scores and very very rarely has a good game he's not even a very good team player cos he's so selfish! you can understand the likes of ruud (when we had him) and ronaldo being slightly selfish cos they are quality players but saha's poor, very poor!
i say sell, sell, sell,!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
u must be in the minority in your opinion about saha.
he does score and has an impressive goals to games ratio the only problem is hes injury prone lets hope thats behind him now. and with rooney saha rossi solskjaer and hopefully tevez that will be five strikers-smith richardson fletcher and silvestre are the ones we should let go for me, pique to return also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
for me smith is an out and out utd player he's a strong player who works we'll for the team and battles for ever ball forcing opponents to make mistakes.
as for saha he's lazy & selfish and hardly moves form the 12 yard box if the balls not coming his way he's not interested!! not what utd are about i think sell him and keep smith and pique they will make a much stronger team!

·
Registered
3 Posts
players are going to leave its a fact.
the players that i can see leaving are
ji sung park
rossi

i dont think too many players will leave becuase the squad that we have all want to fight for there place so i dont see too many players leaving this season.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I really will not mind seeing Smith leave. He is a hard worker but thats not enough. Anyone can really work hard. What we need are players that can turn games around, match winners! Smith isn't really a match winner. Neither is Richardson. They should both be sold. I can see Tevez, Saha, Rossi all being match winners.

As for Fletcher he is a really decent player. He put in some excellent performances in the last two years. Just because he doesn't ever score goals or make killer passes doesn't mean he is crap like lots of fans seem to think. He has tonnes of stamina and can tackle. Plus he can play anywhere in midfield or LB, RB.

Parks going to have more trouble getting games than Fletcher i think.

Anyway its useful to have a deep squad. There will be injuries and the cover is useful.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
conwy-red said:
i think every one seems to be forgeting there is one only player we should sell and we should have sold years ago when we where offered good money for him and thats..
LOUIS SAHA!!

he's the laziest player utd have ever bought/played, he very rearly scores and very very rarely has a good game he's not even a very good team player cos he's so selfish! you can understand the likes of ruud (when we had him) and ronaldo being slightly selfish cos they are quality players but saha's poor, very poor!
i say sell, sell, sell,!!
Saha has scored quite alot of goals for United. People forget easily. Some of them have been extremely important. Benfica goal, Chelsea goal. He is a good player and very technical. He also can spot a good pass very often. Go and watch him on youtube and maybe you'll have a change of mind!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Even if they wanted to sel Saha nobody would want him until he's fully fit so I don't see him leaving, or if he does it won't be until January at teh earliest.

Everton are seriously interested in Alan Smith and Keiran Richardson, which is a deal I can see happening as we've signed excellent new players in both of their positions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just been talking to a friend, he belives we won't sell anyone form the first team, because all SAF talked about last season in interviews was depth of squad and how we need back up when the inevitable injurys happen.

whats the oppinion??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I'm sure given the choice Alex would have a huge squad so injuries would never ba a hinderance but that's not realistic as players want to play. I think we'll see at least one ore two first team players go, with Smith, Richardson and maybe Rossi most likely I think.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really hope Rossi doesn't go anywhere. Ole is too old, Saha has some problems both physically and mentally so that would leave us a little thin in the forward department. I know Ronny can play up there as can Giggs but lets play them in the their best positions, as wingers.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Imo.
Smith Aint Good Enough U Need More Than Heart 2 Play For Utd.
Gabby Aint The Player He Was 2 Years Ago
Richardson Is Never Man U Class Never Never Never.
Park Gives His All But Is That Enough Lookin At The Players We Brought In.
Saha = Sicknote
I Think These R The Players That Saf Should Think Of Lettin Go

·
Registered
11 Posts
sad but true that some players are going togo not sure if it will be that many tho,silvester might just be one togo.rossie defo,flecher not sure,but wot i think af is planing for is giggs,scholes going then bye that time some of the other players will be ready for the off... fergie is always planeing a head... even for when he has gone......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts