Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Bolton fan it takes great courage to enter the den. HOWEVER I HAVE AN IMPORTANT TASK

My wife's step father used to play for Man U in the late 1950's his name was Michael Woolley, I think he played for the reserves and a few first team games. His career was ended by a broken leg in a game. He is now 69 and shortly to be living in a assisted retirement village owing to memory loss. I would very much like if anyone could point me in the direction of where there maybe a team photo, or archive newspaper articles that I can frame and make his new flat a bit more homely.

Kind Regards you Reds

Ian J Holder
Bolton
XXXXX XXX XXX

**Moderator note: Phone number removed. If you can help Ian out please do so in this thread or via PM**

S

·
0 Posts
There's no record of him ever having played for the first team.
Every player from A-Z who has ever played a competitive game for United.
http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/players.html

I've searched every link i know for reserve team players and
again nothing comes up.

Hope you can find something somewhere mate but i just come up blank everywhere. Sorry not much help i know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate, maybe I am on a wild goose chase, but I have seen newspaper cuttings of his injury> I appreciate your help and will keep looking- good luck for the premier title. Hope you win and even though I used to be a season ticket holder for BWFC I still think that the way Bolton Fans treat MUFC fans is pathetic and stupid. It was disgusting listening to their chants, and difficult explainng to my kids what is was about. I cheered when MUFC won the Champions Title, cos we are all in the North West

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ianjholder said:
Thanks mate, maybe I am on a wild goose chase, but I have seen newspaper cuttings of his injury> I appreciate your help and will keep looking- good luck for the premier title. Hope you win and even though I used to be a season ticket holder for BWFC I still think that the way Bolton Fans treat MUFC fans is pathetic and stupid. It was disgusting listening to their chants, and difficult explainng to my kids what is was about. I cheered when MUFC won the Champions Title, cos we are all in the North West
If I can find the newspaper article I'll scan it and send it to you. maybe he wasn't even in the reserves, just a trainee, but he makes out that he played for the first team. the plot thickens.

At the end of the day my motivation for this is just to help an old man who has a memory that is slowly fading, and I am working on his stories. But there was a newspaper clipping showing him on the ground "playing for Man U" but your knowledge and expertise shows it was not for the first team or the reserves. As such If I cant turn anything up in the next few days I'LL just buy a poster of the current team and let him live his dream- sorry for being a pain

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
why not try the club itself ?

they will hold a list of all old players including youths .

i know that if i had played as a schoolboy for united i would be telling everyone in nursing home when i retired .

often the old boys are telling it how it is so dont label him a fantasist just yet

S

·
0 Posts
No probs mate, only takes a few minutes checking different places.
Can see how important this is to you and it's a nice thing you're trying to do.:)
Good luck fella and hope you find something somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am completely overwhelmed by the support I have had in such a short space of time. I am not being tacky or crass, but it is now obvious where ManU gets it motivation and support from

in fact I met Paul Scholes and his misses when I showed them round me mums house, had his mobile number, but deleted it so to keep it private, very nice bloke and his wife aint a wag, she is very nice, and without any pretentions of grandeur. didnt buy it but top man

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Hey I've had search on google and I can't find anything, but I'll keep having a look for you over the next few days. As someone suggested it might be worth contacting the club, I'm sure the must have team photos from all different eras.

Good luck finding them mate :)

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Hi mate I;ve had a look but i haven't found anything i'm sorry, cheers for coming and asking, as a kid i din't really get why Bolton were so vicious to us either, good to see some support from u, i will post anything i find here and I hope some1 else can help u mate.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts