Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaking news on SSN says henrik Larsson is currently considering offers from 3 premiership clubs :eek:

any ideas??

What about us until January??

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I'd like to see him at OT.

He developed such a good understanding with Rooney so it could be the surprise
Fergie is on about....

I'd prefer Benzema thougH! :eek:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just heard on SSN (again) that the 3 clubs after Larsson are NOT Manchester United or Aston Villa.

I would there fore say:

1. Manchester City
2. West Ham United
3. Tottenham Hotspur

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'm not surprised there are Prem clubs still interested in him. He may be approaching retirement but he's a quality player and capable of scoring in the Prem. His movement and link up play is exceptional too.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Everton want him......... Agree with you Red Dwarf about his link up play!!
He would be a good addition to a club, but not us this year

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Damian said:
just heard on SSN (again) that the 3 clubs after Larsson are NOT Manchester United or Aston Villa.

I would there fore say:

1. Manchester City
2. West Ham United
3. Tottenham Hotspur

its a shame we dont want him...:(

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
red lady said:
its a shame we dont want him...:(
I've been intouch with the guy who text me about Larsson been contacted by Manchester United. He's still saying United is an option for United. The chairman of Larssons club dont want to release him before November but United and Ferguson have good relations to Helsingborg and if they let him go anywhere it'll be United.

My presonal view is that Im still shocked. I dont know what to think about this. Can it be possible?!

About his age, 37 would be too old for almost any other player but Henrik is a super pro and he's taking care of himself very well. He played the Euro Championship with slight injuries and did an OK Championship. He's been telling the Team Sweden managers that he's ready to play the qualifying games for Sweden if they call him up and he was the temporary captain when Sweden were celebrating 50 years since the World Cup final where Sweden lost to Brazil and a young Brazilian showed the world his skills, his name was Pele age 17.

He scored a sweet goal against France in the jubilee game.

Sweden lost 3-2 and Benzema scored one for France and two by Sidney Govou.

·
Registered
322 Posts
he moved back to sweden because of his " young " son who didnt want his father to go around playing for big clubs and not be around him much. some time ago he changed his minds and his father joined the swedish national team. his son is now older and i think Henrik could do these things. id love to see him at united one more time:)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
That goal he scored against France was unbelievable. It would be great
to bring him back to OT. He is a footballing legend and could do a job like he
did last time. Him AND Berba would be oh so good.
Spelly, your Swedish right? and you too Andreas?
Is he a big hero of yours? Such an awesome player but I could imagine you
being Swedish makes him so much more iconic?

Anyway, I reckon he is going to Everton......

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
In a perfect world we would sign Berbatov, bring in Larsson for a season and then senf Campbell on loan to Hull for the season.

Larsson would be the perfect 4th choice striker - very similar to how Teddy was.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I rang my friend again asking about what he heard about Henrik Larsson.

To make a long story short. He's in a sort of despute with the chairman about new contract. Since Sweden plays spring and autumn seasons his contract ends in November and havent been re-newed yet.
One reason why Larsson havent signed the new deal is that he feels he can compete at highest level and have a wish to experience the big games again. A CL team is what he's looking for so NO SPUDS, no Everton if its true what he heard.
What make me go crazy is that my friends sources said today: NO COMMENTS to all questions about Henrik Larsson. The source added, I cant talk about this now.

Still we dont know if United is really involved in this but if it is Champions League and England he aims for United is the only option.

I forgot to mention the tensed financial status of the current club. My friend believes an offer of £1M and he is ours. :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Spelly-answer my question in post 15.
In short:

yes swedish
not icon or hero but since im a fellow countryman ive been following him since early 1990's when he first started to shine in the domestic league and then moved to Feyernoord in Holland on to Celtic and then to Barcelona and back to Sweden where I thought his career would end. He retired from the National team as well so I was amazed how he could find the joy and motivate himself to continue.

I have a huge respect for him as a person and player. As a player and his caracter Im full of admiration for him. Wherever he's been they've all loved him and I heard when Henrik left Barcelona a few players were fighting over his last pair of boots used in Barcelona.:D I think it was Edmilson who won that fight.

As a player on the pitch Henrik have been throughout his career a player with a great work rate and he plays for the team and often he makes his team mates better.

My very personal view on the Swedish footballers I would prefer him to be the captain of the National team. Many rates Zlatan Ibrahimovic as the better player and yes maybe Zlatan got more tools in the toolbox but the input from Henrik is way over Zlatan's.

When it comes to United. When I got the text message two weeks ago about United wants Henrik I was just laughing it off. It cant be true. To be honest I thought the guy who sent it was drunk. Ive been talking to the same guy a few times and with his sources he still say Henrik will come to United. And as I wrote back then you can take it for what it is. And NO I dont prefer him to come to OT. I would rather see a more steady solution to the striker issue then a 37 year old player. I can see the interest of him with the Berbatov deal and Saha leaving for some reason and doubts about Campbell. Still, as much as Im a Swede I put team infront of the players and I think Henrik Larsson wouldnt be the answer to the prayers. You know my view on a new striker at all for the club, the Huntelaar vs Berbatov stuff.

Is that answer enough Jazz?:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts