Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UNITED NEARLY GOT HENRY - REPORT

Thierry Henry was reportedly on the verge of a move to Manchester United two weeks ago - but changed his mind after talks with Pep Guardiola.

The France striker had a disappointing first season at the Nou Camp following his £16million switch to Barcelona from Arsenal last summer.

The main reason for his poor form was being asked to play in an unfamiliar left-wing role by Barca coach Frank Rijkaard, who has since left the club after a trophyless season.

Guardiola has taken the reins at the Catalan giants, and is believed to have talked Henry out of a £10million switch to Old Trafford.

The Sunday Mirror quotes a source as saying: "Thierry was told by the new coach he didn't want him to leave, that he was going to be a big player for Barca next season and would have an important role to play for them.

"That reassured Thierry - but United were ready to buy him."

Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho are widely expected to leave Barca this summer, meaning Henry could become their first-choice striker.-Sportinglife

·
Registered
566 Posts
after that season in barca, i dont think i want him in our team.
moreover, cant figure out how would fergie use him. main striker whom we will all pass the ball to and be over-reliant on?
dont think our players would like to have him too with his previous connection with arsenal.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Zenitka said:
:eek: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee :(

I hate him!:mad: :cool:
Hes still Good. For arsenal he was Incredible. Finishing, Creating chances and always scoring inportant goals.

We need a target man in United and i personly think that Henry coulda been that. Henry, Ronaldo and Roony would be hard to stop.

If we want to win champz league again next yr we need a target man and som1 that can finish. Henry would of been all that and more.

·
Registered
675 Posts
man.utd.singh said:
Hes still Good. For arsenal he was Incredible. Finishing, Creating chances and always scoring inportant goals.

We need a target man in United and i personly think that Henry coulda been that. Henry, Ronaldo and Roony would be hard to stop.

If we want to win champz league again next yr we need a target man and som1 that can finish. Henry would of been all that and more.
agreed. the man is a fantastic striker when played in his right position. tis a shame :(

Z

·
0 Posts
He' s always said he could never play for another
Premiership club because he loves Arsenal so much.
This article is a load of rubbish. There's no chance
this would ever happen.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i dont think it's a shame, i hate the bloke, one of the most arrogant players ever and yes once he was great but he's over the hill now and im glad he's not comming

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I really hope that if he was going to be a integral part of this team it would be in these two areas.
(1) cleat cleaner
(2) water bottle carrier. lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
i don't know why i hear news about transfers that should not ever happen these days. Henry should not come to man utd

·
Registered
915 Posts
It will never happen, nor should it.

Why would United go for someone who is so tainted (The Arsenal & past his best) when they have a group of players that work TOGETHER, something Henry has never done

1 - 20 of 28 Posts