Manchester United Talk banner

Who would you prefer to see play for United ?

• Henry.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Berbatov.

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • Huntelaar.

Votes: 28 27.2%
21 - 40 of 207 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
antdevil78 said:
£15 million for henry at 31 is bad deal. We need to be going for youth not some has-been.

In both games in CL, the little bit I did see of henry was nowhere near his time at Arsenal. His pace was his major strength and he lost that now.

Its was good business sense on Wenger's part to get rid of him when he did. It would now be bad business sense for us to buy him when he best years are long long gone.
Don't need to say anymore really.

I absolutely agree.

I would be horrified and very disappointed if we signed Henry. He would be the last player I would sign.

But, seeing as its only in the Daily Star, I don't think we really need to worry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would not even entertain that story from the Star.
Again..this is more bull from a crap paper who make up all their stories.

If it is true...this would not be a positive move in my eyes for the future.
Henry is getting on a bit now and there is enough available strikers out their on the market at the right age... i don't it happening as Berba will be unveiled soon

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
sorry lads i only posted what i had heard before i saw any newspapers this morning , and i agree i would never trust the star or sun .
given a choice henry would be my fourth choice behind huntelaar , benzema and berbatov just because of his age , arsenal only let him go because he wanted to leave wenger doesnt keep unhappy players in his squad

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
marty davidson said:
if Arsenal sold why should we buy him
cos he chose to leave to seek a new challenge.

I doubt this is totally true and Ill believe it when I see it but Id be very
happy if we signed him. he is still a world beater and anyone that says
otherwise just doesnt know football. 31 may be 'old' for a striker but ffs
he still has a few years left in him yet and would still **** on most younger
lads in a foot race. Id prefer Berbatov but Henry could play anywhere
in our system in the front line and he would be amazing.

Ill believe it when I see it, but if it were true it would be exciting times indeed.
and its always good to get one over ther Arse :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this could be an amazing signing??!! You don't lose class over night, true he didnt have a great year last year but it always takes a season or two to adapt to a new style of play and to establish yourself in a team of stars..

If he wer to join United Fergie could set it all around him, we've runners all over the field all Henry needs is the ball, he's an amazing finisher

Fair enough its a shorter term solution, but hey its one hell of a solution, by the time Henry is finished scoring who's to say that Wellbeck wont be knocking on the door, I dont see spending 15 million on a proven goalscorer with a minimum of 3 top years potentially left in him as bad buisiness

I like Huntellaar but as a United fan my whole life, its been rare enough where we have signed a finished product, our team is brimming with potential, its time to bring in the finished product!

I have a strange feeling this will happen!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^^I hear ya Eoininho. I also think this could be a great signing. Agree with your points as well. Exciting if true though Berba is still the one for me.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
come on..be serios...how can we sign Henry..it's like Inter would sign Maldini..be serious...jees i can't even imagine Henry playing for us...it would be0 loyalty for him...but also more cash....no thx..i'd better play Manucho

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
come on..be serios...how can we sign Henry..it's like Inter would sign Maldini..be serious...jees i can't even imagine Henry playing for us...it would be0 loyalty for him...but also more cash....no thx..i'd better play Manucho
I can see what you mean but id rather play Henry than Manucho. like i said in an earlier post, for one season in a familiar league he would do well we dont know Manucho will (not saying he wont) but its chance.

If we dont get Berbatov i think he will stay at Spurs till at least next summer when then we may get him easier than its taking now, the one thing about Henry thats worrying me is his price (£15 million) thats to much if you ask me if on the off chance we can get a deal for between £5 mil and £10 mil that better

What about a 5 month loan deal than offer Berbatov/Huntalaer in January?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I know its only pre season but a guy on MUTV said that Henry played in a friendly the other day in his proper position and tore the other team apart and looked like his former self.

Remember he was being played as a LF/LW for Barca, which is not his usual position,

·
Registered
99 Posts
henry wont play for united ever. he is arsenal. he don't even look right at barca. we'd probarly end up buying berbatov or huntelaar.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
maybe there should be a poll over who everyone would most want us to sign between: Henry, Berbatov and Huntelaar.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
piazza said:
maybe there should be a poll over who everyone would most want us to sign between: Henry, Berbatov and Huntelaar.
i think thats a pretty damn good idae, perhaps then sumone can give the results to fergie lol

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
i think thats a pretty damn good idae, perhaps then sumone can give the results to fergie lol
Lol I'm glad someone agrees with me on this forum for once ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
we already had a poll between Berbatov and Huntelaar.....
Most people went for Huntelaar though :rolleyes: but we wont get into that now ;)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
we already had a poll between Berbatov and Huntelaar.....
Most people went for Huntelaar though :rolleyes: but we wont get into that now ;)
this is why i'm still gonna say you're probably the best mod on this forum:cool:

21 - 40 of 207 Posts