Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIERRY HENRY'S future at Barcelona has been thrown into doubt following reports he is unhappy at being played out of position.

The former Arsenal star was hauled off by Barca boss Frank Rijkaard in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Villareal, with teenage sensation Bojan Krkic replacing the Frenchman just afetr the hour mark.

Henry was visibly annoyed at being replaced by the youngster and speculation is mounting that he could now quit the Nou Camp in the summer.

And his former Gunners team mate Robert Pires claims the marksman is deeply unhappy with the Catalan giants.

Villareal midfielder Pires said: "He was angry because he isn't used to being taken off.

"They never did that at Arsenal.

"If I was to say he is okay at the moment everyone would call me a liar.

"It is difficulat for him because he isn't playing in his position - he's always on the left or the right.

"I know him and he isn't happy."

The defeat to Villareal leaves Barcelona second in La Liga - EIGHT points off leaders Real Madrid but remain in the hunt for the Champions League following their victory over Celtic last week.

Henry joined the club in a £16.5m move from Arsenal last summer, but has struggled to hit the form he achieved with Arsene Wenger's side.

thesun.co.uk.....

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I doubt he'll quit so soon. Barcelona will probably have a new Manager in the summer anyway, so maybe he'll be used better under the new regime.
Can't really see Rijkaard staying now.

They were in a perfect position to go Top and they blew it. Now they're 8 points behind and there is so much negativity coming from the Nou camp.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Doesn't look like hes going to give it very long if he does leave.

But I agree with NateR.

And anyway, the bit about Thierry Henry being unhappy because he was subbed because "it didn't happen at Arsenal" is pretty disgraceful. Is he not entitled to be subbed?

·
Registered
854 Posts
i seen henry against villareal last nite. i thought it was a different player he has disimproved so much. this shows wat a brilliant manager Wenger is in fairness. He got rid of Vieira. did u see him against pool tonite? Ljunberg, Henry, Pires. and people thought when they left that wud be it.

But despite having nothing to spend compared to us, Chelsea and even Pool, Wenger has unearthed class players from not much cost. It is a bit refreshing to see, even being a united fan. i would like and respect Wenger and Arsenal a hell of a lot more than Chelsea. I hope Wenger does stay for long because he has been a credit to English football and the Wenger v Ferguson feud has been gripping from day 1.

As for Henry, i tink he past it. His pace is lost a bit and god knows where he'll end up next. But he was a class player in the Prem and it is a bit sad to see a world class player diminish.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^^^ You are right in a way to credit Wenger for his timing of offloading
the 'stars' but in fairness to Pires, he got badly injured in his first game,
and Vieira has had his problems as well, though he looked poor against Pool.
Freddy has definitely had his best years, but I wouldnt rule Henry out just yet.
He is still 29 I think, has bags of pace and ability. You dont lose that overnight.
He is still one of the very best in World Football in my eyes. His record speaks
for itself. Also, he has been played regularly out of position this season.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
thierry seems like the guy who will cause distractions or "groups" type of problems from what i have seen of him at barcelona so far, he looks pretty terrible for them to be honest, its just barca are technically probably the best team in the world so he looks pretty normal in that team. Aslo im a huge rijkaard fan but he keeps playing ronaldhinio throughh the centre and henry on the left...whats that about?

bojan looks like he could be a good player though, dos santos looks decent too but he looks like someone who could do with some time in the premiership first, the game is to technical and tactical for him at the moment at barca, he just needs to play some direct attacking football and build some confidence. Bojan and dos santos must be some talent though to be playing in barca of all the teams in the world at such young ages

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
he was too old (may sound silly at only 29) to move to a new league and to re establish himself in a new league and team (particularly a team of this stature with alot of attacking options) was always going to be very difficult... it always takes a season and a half to adapt... by then hed be in his 30s and on the down slope!!

We've seen the same thing happen to Shevchenko

It should be a lesson to any player!

I think if he has sense he might move back to England.. maybe United should keep an eye on this.. although unlikely!

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
he loves himself does mr henry and i am happy hes unhappy greed got the better of him and he is paying price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts