Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight cud be paul scholes 600 game for united,

he's been in the united first team for 15 years

and has scored some great goals which we will never forget,

so too has ryan giggs, he became a first team regular in the 91-92

season and is the clubs all time appearence record holder,
and who can forget that goal againist arse-nal at villa park..

But what i wanna know is, if you had the choice of either scholes or giggs to start there career all over again at united who would you chose, scholes or giggs...

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
Good question, tough choice, but I think it would be Giggsy for me

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
scholesy for me. We need a player from Midfield who could burst in and score goals as none of our midfielders at the moment can do that

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
giggs hands down.

even tho scholes is a legend and a great, giggs is the type of player you would want in any side.

his a bobby charlton type player. the type of player that will be remembered for many years to go

his records speak for themselves

people like giggs are man utd

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I hate you for making me pick ! :p

But I would say Ryan Giggs ... no other player has come like he did

·
23,699 Posts
Hypothetical question like this is tough for "true utd fans" to answer. For the records, I want both. :p

Btw, seems we have three types of fans ie superfans (the legacy left behind by janitorman), 'true' fans and real fans. ;)

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Giggs without doubt. 10 times out of ten. Imagine giggs at his peak anr ronaldo on both wings. OMG

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Tough one, how about Paul Giggs.. Ultimate midfield master. Part winger, part midfield goal scorer/pass master:D

Seriously, I couldnt decide.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
My reason for choosing Giggsy was based mainly on the current squad. I think we have enough prospect for the centre mid positions with (a fully fit squad) Hargreaves, Carrick, Fletch, Ando, Possebon, Gibbo and a few more coming through but we are seriously lacking in the left wing position with Tosic our only real out and out left footed winger. Of course we can play the likes of Ronny, Rooney, Park, Welbeck there but (apart from Ronny) non of them really fit, and TBH i think Ronny is much better staying on the right with the occaisional switch over. The prospect of a young Giggs coming through the ranks would really set my boat on fire, his silky runs, taking on players, dragging the defence apart would benefit the whole team and every player. Of course, I'm not saying I wouldn't like another young Scholesy coming through, but with a bit of luck (and a lot of hard work) I think we just might with Anderson
IMO

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
giggs, without doubt. If I could have any player at start of career it would be the King. Imagine we had him when he was younger.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I can't really pick..!:)
But if I was really really forced to - I'd pick Giggs..!

Two of the greatest players of their generation and still able to play at the top level in their mid 30's..
Incredible players and professionals, great role models for any young player growing up..
Their both a credit to themselves and Manchester United..!

It's great that they have played at United all their careers too..!:D

Living Legends..!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Scholes is my second favourite player ever behind Solskjaer, but i would choose Giggs to start his career for us again. Simply because i feel we need a left winger badly atm and there's no-one better than Ryan Giggs in that position.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Based on both of their performances in tonight's game, I'd go with Scholes. Giggs doesn't need it! Not saying Scholes is playing badly, but Giggs is turning back the years.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Giggs for me....just watching him jinking and jerking in and out of seemingly impossible positions is a joy to behold.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If Paul Scholes can tackle better i choose him :p

I go with Giggsy. Only the other day i was watching his compilation and i never stop regretting he is close to retirement already.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts