Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv watched the villa portsmouth game on football first tonight and the old scouse boy has got himself a debut goal in typical fashion. a winning header from a high ball resulting in a smash and grab finish.

Im a big fan of martin o'neill and villas setup and would like to see them do well this term.

When i saw this transfer i was very interested. I think heskey will fit into their set up very well. Even tho many many many people doubt heskey for his talent, he can defiantly do a job on a football pitch.

Views, is this experienced big man a good thing for villa or was their something else villa should of introduced up top?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Heskey is a great buy. I know I made a Heskey thread a while back praising him.
Ill try and dig it up. Arent Villa now in 2nd in the Prem? Id love to see them
finish top 4. They will need a big squad and Heskey is a decent player.
Getting a goal on your debut, and a winner will endear him to the fans. Fair play ONeill.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
their 3rd in the prem, actually! :) I thought Heskey was a quality signing for Villa but they already have John Carew who is of a similar style to Heskey, but Carew is injured. Top 4 for Villa this season. If they don't, I have lost 50 quid.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
villa are our main contenders for the title this season! :cool:

Would that not be great and liverpool and chelsea fall off?!?

i dont know whether its a good or bad move but he has started well with getting the winner so im sure villa fans have no complaints as of yet!

pz!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
a great move by villa Heskey is a wonderful player though he have been out of form recently and he didn't play like his October 08 form since ages tho credit for his goal today

but i don't see the point if signing Heskey as Villa have their own better Heskey and he is John Carew who have about the same ~or less~ strength of Heskey but hes over heskey in some areas like heading and finishing :confused:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Heskey is solid. Nothing flashy. Remember he was starting to form a solid pairing with Rooney on the national team.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Heskey I could kiss you! :D You won me $200 bucks! :) I rarely gamble but when I see a good opportunity I take it.

Now if Chelsea beat Middlesbrough tonight I get an extra $258! The only time I'll ever be rooting for the Pensioners.

Finally if Lazio can beat Sampdoria on Thursday I get another $600! Tis been a good week.

For those interested I bet Man Utd, Spurs & Villa to win. That's through. 2nd bet Man Utd, Villa, Spurs & Chelsea to win.

Finger's crossed it's looking good so far. 3rd bet Man Utd, Spurs, Villa, Chelsea & Lazio to win. That's the big one.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
abojodeh said:
a great move by villa Heskey is a wonderful player though he have been out of form recently and he didn't play like his October 08 form since ages tho credit for his goal today

but i don't see the point if signing Heskey as Villa have their own better Heskey and he is John Carew who have about the same ~or less~ strength of Heskey but hes over heskey in some areas like heading and finishing :confused:
I think he was brought in to bolster the ranks. He's a player a few clubs wanted and MON has done it again and got him.

I think big John Carew is similar to Heskey with a bit more technical ability, but Villa have one of the smallest squads in the prem, so having a striker of Heskey's calibre gives MON the chance to rotate.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
good for them, bad for...others not us:D...We've played them at Villa Park, they're coming to Old Trafford, not worried. For the others it's a big "ooo no"

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
all good, especially at that price really. you know what you are going to get with heskey a few goals here and there but a player that brings so much more to the rest of the team.
my only concern would be that o 'neil alters the formation or natural flow of the team and disrupts what has been working so well to accomodate heskey

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Tony Cottee claimed last night that the signing of Heskey makes Villa outside contenders for the title. He seemed to be a big fan!

Great start to his Villa career to score the winning goal. It'll be interesting to see just how high up the table they can finish this season. Arsenal should be very worried!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I think he was brought in to bolster the ranks. He's a player a few clubs wanted and MON has done it again and got him.

I think big John Carew is similar to Heskey with a bit more technical ability, but Villa have one of the smallest squads in the prem, so having a striker of Heskey's calibre gives MON the chance to rotate.
yeah you got a nice point there but i don't know why but i feel that Heskey will be favoured more than Carew so that leaves carew more as a sub
i feel O'neil have something with Carew sorta a dislike

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
abojodeh said:
yeah you got a nice point there but i don't know why but i feel that Heskey will be favoured more than Carew so that leaves carew more as a sub
i feel O'neil have something with Carew sorta a dislike
i think carew will still get the nod when it matters over heskey. think his been introduced as more of an exp backup. sorta like giggs and scholes in that sense. someone ot chuck up there when its not going so well and when carew needs some time on the bench or aint been shining in training.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Davey said:
their 3rd in the prem, actually! :) I thought Heskey was a quality signing for Villa but they already have John Carew who is of a similar style to Heskey, but Carew is injured. Top 4 for Villa this season. If they don't, I have lost 50 quid.
haha iv got £50 on that exact same bet. for them to finish in the top four

1 - 17 of 17 Posts