Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with villa a serious threat this season and arsenal out to salvage a champions league spot they both spent their cash on strikers heskey and arshavin- so who will be the best buy??? not just in terms of them individually but thinking of how they will fit into and lift the team and help their respective new team finish higher in the league.

heskey was never prolific( barring a few months here and there) but he does seem to bring a few important goals here and there, most importanlty bring out the best in players around him and most of all he is experienced at premiership level and should add something to villa as a team and at that price who could argue?

arshavin is a top talent, but is he truly world class?? will he fit into the premiership with ease as he really needs to hit the ground running and as we've seen thats never the easiest thing in the world to do. the guy does seem to be a bit temperamental to me and doesnt appear to be the guy you would put all your dosh on to score come up with the goods when you need him to.

for the money paid, what hes going to bring to the team and for his previous experience in the short term my money is on heskey doing the business and getting villa somewhere into the top 4

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Heskey. Arshavin is in exactly the same mold as rosicky, nasri and even van persie and eduardo. No idea why Wenger brought him. Then again he is a special talent.

Heskey is just a beast. His goal vs pompey proved that.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Justice said:
Heskey. Arshavin is in exactly the same mold as rosicky, nasri and even van persie and eduardo. No idea why Wenger brought him. Then again he is a special talent.

Heskey is just a beast. His goal vs pompey proved that.
ya totally agree with you! Heskeuy is exactly the type of player that villa needed someone that wins the ball in the air and gets flick on for the pace of Gabby and Young to run onto and it will work wonders for them IMO they also have Carew for this but i think Heskey was a real bargain for them

as for Arseshaven i think as you pointed out hes the exact same type player as nasri Rosicky and van persie(******:mad: ) so hopefully he doesn't have the same type of impact he had at the euros! what they needed more IMHO was a world class defensive midfielder

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Obviously it's hard to judge as as their two different players.

But I think Heskey will prove to be a better signing. I think, in all honesty, he'll offer more to Villa than Arshavin will be Arsenal. Arshavin might also struggle to adapt to the Premier League, because he is 27/28 now and older players sometimes struggle to adapt to the Premier League. You've also got to consider the difference in prices, and Heskey obviously cost far less than Arshavin.

And, as canto said, Arsenal needed a defensive midfielder more than anything, which is perhaps unfair on Arshavin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts