Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont really know why Im starting this thread......:confused: as it doesnt really concern me,
I guess its the Rooney factor I suppose.

but I read a good article about the man Heskey
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7673950.stm
He has been the butt of so many jokes and ridicule over the years
(especially when he played for the Dippers) but now he is getting some
of the praise he undoubtedly deserves?

The Wigan striker now has 50 caps :eek: just surpassing Geoff Hurst.
He only has 5 international goals yet he is being pointed out as one of England's
better performers in recent times.

So I just want to know what you English/United fans think of him now?
Do you rate him? How highly? Do you 'like' him and want him to do well?

and (to all members) Do you think he is bringing out the best in our Rooney?
and is it in our interests to see England and Heskey (and invariably Rooney) doing well?
Thoughts?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interesting point from the article:

His Egyptian strike partner Amr Zaki is joint top with five goals and could be said
to be the most in-form striker in the country right now, along with a certain Wayne Rooney.
Coincidence?

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
i like heskey, every team needs a guy like him- unselfish , hard working and the thing i like most is he is not a flash harry, no bling.

he is underrated i for one have always thought he was a good player, most of his strike partners have excelled alongside him, remember michael owen was at his best when playing off heskey and now rooney is reaping the benefits.

heskey will never be a 20 goals a season man but its the other side of his game i find most impressive.
his assist for rooneys first v belarus was typical of the man power strength and always willing to pass rather than take the selfish option.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I know, and I have no idea why :confused: :eek:
Me either. What's to talk about really? He's a striker who can't score...yet he seems to enable those around him to score, at great frequencies. All of late of course. Where was this in the past? And what if your lineup looked like this?:

LW------- CM-------CM-------RW
Ameobi---Heskey

Would Ameobi score more goals?

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Never deserved the abuse he was receiving in the past. Not his fault we had no left winger and he filled in the role.

He is playing really well now and the tactics suit him.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
Me either. What's to talk about really? He's a striker who can't score.

Would Ameobi score more goals?
Heskey is twice the player Kris Boyd is :rolleyes: ;)

btw back on topic

Drew posted an article written by Cascarino about that we need to sign a Emile Heskey player type and most of the members here found it a joke

look at Heskey hes a bulldozer at his own rights, about 6,2 feet and a giant tower of mighty strength, he bash the defenders around him push them bully them and create plenty of space in the area that players like Theo and Rooney would really appreciate
also no matter the chaos he creates when one or two other tough tall players join him in the area at corners and freekicks, and for being a giant he can be used in the well to block free kicks and he go back to defend and hes helpful at times

without the ball he have a dazzling speed, well just to be honest hes a crappy finisher who misses a shameful chances and he can't cross pass etc..

Heskey had the potential to be a world class but unfortunately he didn't fill up his potential to the max and he joined liverpool :D

so Heskey is a good tactical choice, as he is a defender bashing the opposition defenders

i also found a good fact on other place

England vs Isreal without Heskey, 0-0 Draw
England vs Isreal with Heskey, England Win 3-0

England vs Russia without Heskey, England Lose 2-1
England vs Russia with Heskey, England Win 3-0

England vs Croatia without Heskey, England Lose twice, 2-0 and 3-2
England vs Croatia with Heskey, England Win 4-1

England vs Germany without Heskey, England Lose 2-1
England vs Germany with Heskey, England win 5-1

and those results are with more than one manager

i love Emile Heskey :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
Heskey is twice the player Kris Boyd is :rolleyes: ;)
Clearly he isn't. Boyd is a striker who scores goals :)eek: :eek: ), Heskey is not. Boyd plays at one of the biggest and most storied clubs in the world, Heskey plays at Wigan...and not very well. Boyd is a clinical finisher, Heskey kicks more balls over the bar the Johnny Wilkinson against Zaire.

Need I say more?

Heskey having a few good games for England, where he's surrounded by world class talent, does not make him a good player.

Honestly man, go slag Ronaldo or something.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Pizza but Heskey>Boyd (and Mexes) :D

Jaysus Abo, great post btw and some interesting stats to back it up.

piazza said:
Boyd plays at one of the biggest and most storied clubs in the world, Heskey plays at Wigan...and not very well. Boyd is a clinical finisher, Heskey kicks more balls over the bar the Johnny Wilkinson against Zaire.

Need I say more?
:eek: What are you talking about Pizza? rangers one of the biggest clubs in the world? :eek: :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Sorry Pizza but Heskey>Boyd (and Mexes) :D

Jaysus Abo, great post btw and some interesting stats to back it up.

:eek: What are you talking about Pizza? rangers one of the biggest clubs in the world? :eek: :D
How is Heskey better than Boyd? Scotland= Undefeated when Boyd scores.

Not to mention, saying Heskey is a bulldozer because he's 6'2''...Boyd is 6'1'', and exponentially better in the air than Heskey. The only reason Heskey gets caps for England is because none of their other strikers they have to choose from have any mass to them:

Owen
Crouch (looks like he has wet spaghetti for his limbs, that's how skinny he is)
Rooney
Defoe
Bent
and on and on and on.

Heskey gets the job because frankly, he's the only one who can do it for England.

Boyd is muuuuuuuch better on the ball then Heskey is, which I noticed whilst watching him play in the Champions league. That took place while Heskey was struggling to get in Wigan's side. Heskey is more effective for his country because he's surrounded by class, and does the donkey work no one else can. Whereas Boyd is surrounded by not-so-England quality players, and gets no service and since Ruud-style target men thrive on service, and Scotland probably can't provide Boyd the service he needs, it makes perfect sense not to play him for his country. Just because Boyd is an A-Hole does not mean his quality should be overlooked. Look at our own Ronaldo. Look at Materazzi.

Jazz, what I mean is: Rangers is one of the most globally supported clubs in the world. There's Rangers and Celtic pubs in about 100 countries. Look it up.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
every team needs a donkey and heskey is ours . he shoulders the hard graft freeing up those round him to shine . owen shone with heskey in side as rooney is now . i would take 100 goals in 70 games with him scoring none over 70 in 70 with him getting a dozen if you get my drift .

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
Clearly he isn't. Boyd is a striker who scores goals :)eek: :eek: ), Heskey is not. Boyd plays at one of the biggest and most storied clubs in the world, Heskey plays at Wigan...and not very well. Boyd is a clinical finisher, Heskey kicks more balls over the bar the Johnny Wilkinson against Zaire.

Need I say more?

Heskey having a few good games for England, where he's surrounded by world class talent, does not make him a good player.

Honestly man, go slag Ronaldo or something.
football ain't just about scoring goals

Tevez and Rooney are no profilic goal scorers but they creates opportunities for the other players

so they are no good ? :rolleyes:

yeah Boyd is a good finisher but does he score too often does he help his team in other things than goalscoring. ?

and boyd is out form since a year hes ***** now he don't play for his team many million other striker in the SPL are better than him

Heskey score vital goals last season he scored 4 league goals and they all were very vital and one of them helped us in the winning of the epl, also that he creates space and some times gives direct assists
plus he go back defending and hes faster than Boyd

Heskey > Boyd :D

piazza said:
How is Heskey better than Boyd? Scotland= Undefeated when Boyd scores.

Not to mention, saying Heskey is a bulldozer because he's 6'2''...Boyd is 6'1'', and exponentially better in the air than Heskey. The only reason Heskey gets caps for England is because none of their other strikers they have to choose from have any mass to them:

Owen
Crouch (looks like he has wet spaghetti for his limbs, that's how skinny he is)
Rooney
Defoe
Bent
and on and on and on.

Heskey gets the job because frankly, he's the only one who can do it for England.
Dean Ashton :rolleyes:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
How Boyd can be off form for a year is beyond me.

19 goals- 38 games....

Heskey-

4 goals- 30 games.... and he was such a playmaker that he mustered up 3 assists.

His "defending" helped out so much that Wigan came 15th in goal difference.

And seriously, Dean Ashton?

Keep him off the training table first and foremost.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Dean Ashton have the built and the strength

thats what i meant :rolleyes:

you really need to watch more SPL mate

i heard the setana us view top SPL games so watch and discover the truth yourself matey ;)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
Dean Ashton have the built and the strength

thats what i meant :rolleyes:

you really need to watch more SPL mate

i heard the setana us view top SPL games so watch and discover the truth yourself matey ;)
I watch Rangers week in and week out, so as to keep track of Demarcus Beasley and Maurice Edu and you know what I keep seeing...?

Kris Boyd scoring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts