Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Football should be a celebration of all the positive aspects of sport (geniality, competitiveness, fair play) allied with the passion that moves all of us, no matter what our colour, our religion, our nationality or our club.

That hatred and death are also, sadly, linked to this, the most amazing game in the world, only diminishes it's grandeur, so it's up to all of us to remember those that moved on, and do our best not to repeat the mistakes of the past. I don't think there's a club in the world that hasn't shed tears of loss, and we should bear that in mind, when we think about differences and rivalries. Even in grief, we are united, so let's honour those that left so tragically by striving to better ourselves and this magnificent game we all love.

Sic transit gloria mundi

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Seeing that list of people who died at Hillsborough as you scroll down...and down...and down...really makes it hit home. So many people who needlessly lost their lives.

I can easily imagine the excitement as they prepared to watch an FA Cup semi-final but I can not begin to imagine the horror they felt as the crush began and the realisation that people were dying spread through the crowd...and the nation.

RIP all the men, women and children who lost their lives that day.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
a tradegy that transcends footballing divisions and rivalries, may they all rest in peace.

a terrible event that should never have happened and just as saddening and frustrating is that the people responsible at the time and those whose actions and deeds were a disgrace after it had happened either still haven't accepted responsibility for their actions or been brought to justice over this matter.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
I actually watched the game live on the TV, i watched in horror and witnessed the greatest sporting tragedy in the UK, my thoughts and prayers are with all those who perished and the families who lost loved ones, RIP 96 :rip_1:

·
Banned
8 Posts
Did anyone see the memorial today? I was disappointed they called it a Hillsborough Disaster Theme Song when the guy sang.
Ya i agree with you on that there shouldnt be a theme song for a disaster,but the service itself was a tribute to not only liverpool fans but fans of Everton,Celtic,even a couple of man utd fans in the kop today

But the one thing i was not happy with was who on earth let the MP speak he finnaly admited that it was their fault to the cries and the jeers from the kop they have admitted fault even if its 20 years too late !

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
96 football fans paid to see a sport they loved and it cost them their lives. Rivalry goes out the window for anything like this and we should join together in remembering those no longer with us.

I have read accounts from United fans on sites that 4 years previous we had a semi-final at Hillsborough and the early fears of something like this were apparant. May the legacy of first class stadia be the living legacy of those who died on that fateful day

RIP

·
Banned
8 Posts
96 football fans paid to see a sport they loved and it cost them their lives. Rivalry goes out the window for anything like this and we should join together in remembering those no longer with us.

I have read accounts from United fans on sites that 4 years previous we had a semi-final at Hillsborough and the early fears of something like this were apparant. May the legacy of first class stadia be the living legacy of those who died on that fateful day

RIP
Well said mate,JFT 96

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Shows the class of Manchester United FC by wearing black armbands tonight.

I hope any Liverpool fans browsing this site, recognises that there is only a small percentage of United fans which mock Hillsborough, and these are ***** of the highest order. Obviously it works both ways, as most Liverpool fans recognise Munich as a tragedy too.

RIP.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts