Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hello there.

I am a liverpool fan from the Liverpool Way forum and was browsing your forum to see if there was anything about Hillsborough on here and i was surprised to see a 5 page thread full of people paying there respects to the 96 fans who lost there lives 20 years ago to this day. Thank you all for your kind words and i just thought i would register to say that they don't go unnoticed and they mean a lot to me and every other Liverpool fan.

When an tragedy like this happens it is nice to see that (most) of the Country can come together to mourn for the victims so for that i thank you.

YNWA RIP JFT96

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello
sorry but im a liverpool fan, i just joined to say thank you for all the kind words, i know liverpool and utd fans are far from friends but all this banter about the dead has to stop somehow its a shame that so few fans (utd and liverpool) can sing about the dead to wind each other up escapes me (it not all liverpool fans who sing about munich) when i hear that song being sung im ashamed to call myself a liverpool fan, anyway i wont bother you again, but thank you all for your kind words at this sad time, good luck in the champions league, we need to keep it in the uk
take care and god bless
les

G

·
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
hello
sorry but im a liverpool fan, i just joined to say thank you for all the kind words, i know liverpool and utd fans are far from friends but all this banter about the dead has to stop somehow its a shame that so few fans (utd and liverpool) can sing about the dead to wind each other up escapes me (it not all liverpool fans who sing about munich) when i hear that song being sung im ashamed to call myself a liverpool fan, anyway i wont bother you again, but thank you all for your kind words at this sad time, good luck in the champions league, we need to keep it in the uk
take care and god bless
les
Feel free to stick around mate. Fans of rival teams are welcome here as long as they don't cause too much trouble.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hello there.

I am a liverpool fan from the Liverpool Way forum and was browsing your forum to see if there was anything about Hillsborough on here and i was surprised to see a 5 page thread full of people paying there respects to the 96 fans who lost there lives 20 years ago to this day. Thank you all for your kind words and i just thought i would register to say that they don't go unnoticed and they mean a lot to me and every other Liverpool fan.

When an tragedy like this happens it is nice to see that (most) of the Country can come together to mourn for the victims so for that i thank you.

YNWA RIP JFT96
hello
take care and god bless
les
Hey guys, hope you all stick around and feel free to join in on some discussions. I always like to see other clubs fans, as it makes for more interesting discussions.

Again, the entire Liverpool family is on our collective thoughts during this time of remembrance.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
wasn't around to say it, not that it needs to be said or anything.
was in porto square, but i personally stopped to remember human beings and fans of football, like every single one of us, who went to a game hoping to see their club on their way to wembley. people saw things they should never have to, and for that i said a little prayer in placa de ribeira for those innocent 96.
rip, some things are more important

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well done guys on being so respectful at a time where football fans should put any rivalries and differences aside and shows their respects to those who died and those affected by such a tragedy. It's wonderful to see that no-one felt the need to hijack the thread and use it as a place to abuse Liverpool or its supporters. I'm sure everyone's thoughts and best wishes are much appreciated by anyone who has been affected by that horrific day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well done guys on being so respectful at a time where football fans should put any rivalries and differences aside and shows their respects to those who died and those affected by such a tragedy. It's wonderful to see that no-one felt the need to hijack the thread and use it as a place to abuse Liverpool or its supporters. I'm sure everyone's thoughts and best wishes are much appreciated by anyone who has been affected by that horrific day.
Firstly..welcome to the forum, ALL clubs supporters are more than welcome here mate if things are kept civil.
United fans do have class and know how to show respect when it's needed and thanks for your kind words back.:thumbsup:

You might like to read and comment on this. (yes a bit of self promotion :D ).
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/latest-blog-news-articles/21239-hillsborough-remembered.html

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you remember about two days ago, you actually asked if you could post that article on another Liverpool forum, and I posted it for you...

·
23,699 Posts
Bump.....

21 yrs later the pain hasn't eased and still the football world remembers with respect the 96 who never returned home and the many who still suffer today....

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
A tragedy that so many innocent people lost their lives and families lost fathers, brothers, sons, mothers, sisters and daughters... I just hope that they are comforted knowing that the sympathies of every person with a shred of humanity are with them. RIP

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
RIP to the 96.

This was a human tragedy and therefore goes beyond any football rivalries. My thoughts are with the families of those who died that day.

Very respectful blog on the homepage Sal.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts