Manchester United Talk banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Such a terrible tragedy that I wouldn't wish on anyone or any club.

RIP to all the victims, and best wishes to anyone who was involved in any way.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
All revved up for a great day out ---a few pints with the lads a bag of chips maybe. Nab a programme and maybe a fanzine then get in the ground to cheer the boys on.

A routine that most have followed ----yet on that day It all turned to crap. Imagine Your mum -wife-sister brother tuning in to see if they could see you on the telly --then seeing that horror unfold.
R.I.P the 96 and hopefully time is easing the pain for those left behind.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Whilst more than ever the gulf in relations between Liverpool and United remains more of a chasm, today is a day to forget football rivaly. Today is a day to take a moment and remember 96 men women and children who went to an FA Cup Semi Final in Sheffield, full of hope, joy and anticipation - but were never to return. 96 lives lost through a tragic turn of events that could have happened at any ground in the country. An event that had fate chosen somewhere other than Leppings Lane Sheffield on April 15th 1989 - could well have taken our own life. It is by the grace of God that that memorial is not at Old Trafford with 96 United supporters' names engraved in stone.

It is a day to unite with our brothers and sisters in this crazy football community that we are part of and reflect, that not only were Liverpool football club affected by this, and the wider football world - but families, some who never gave football the time of day - lost relatives or friends.

That is why EVERYONE needs to take a moment to reflect on the events of that April afternoon.

RIP to them, and may their families find the closure they seek. You will never walk alone.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Such a tragic story, one that you wouldn't wish to happen to anyone. To go to watch a game of football, never to go back home again, is absolutely tragic. The two clubs, and the supports of the two clubs, may well have their differences but human life is much more important than a game.

RIP, and best wishes to anyone who is affected.

·
Registered
546 Posts
A terrible tragedy that will never be forgotten. Football rivalry should be meaningless when disaster strikes. It's a time for all to behave as civilised human beings in word and deed. In memory of the 96 killed, many of whom were so young, and condolences and thoughts to their loved ones left behind. R.I.P

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a Liverpool fan I thought i'd have a look on here and see what was being said about Hillsborough. Could I just say a huge thankyou to the ones who have posted their respects in this, whether it be a Liverpool or United fan, players, staff or whatever nobody deserves to die going to a football match. R.I.P the 96 and once again thankyou all.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
I'm a Liverpool fan I thought i'd have a look on here and see what was being said about Hillsborough. Could I just say a huge thankyou to the ones who have posted their respects in this, whether it be a Liverpool or United fan, players, staff or whatever nobody deserves to die going to a football match. R.I.P the 96 and once again thankyou all.
Goes beyond football, you'd like to think that everyone would remember that. Unfortunately there are the minority of idiots who don't.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
No matter what you think, it's not nice to hear the disrespect from the minority of Chelsea/Spurs fans chanting during the minutes silence. Scum.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts