Manchester United Talk banner

Hillsborough and Munich songs must stop

21K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  TFIA 
#1 ·
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2202378/Hillsborough-Munich-chants-stopped.html

'My heart goes out to the Liverpool fans who were affected by Hillsborough because I know what it's like.
'You think about it every day. The pain never really goes away. The anniversaries are still upsetting and every day something reminds you of the terrible thing that happened.
'Maybe after this some of the Liverpool fans, and of course the families, can take some comfort that the correct things have eventually been said.
'All I hope now is the two sets of fans - the minorities that are still out there - can stop these awful songs. It's sick and it's sad and it's a shame.
'People think it washes over you but it doesn't. If the people who sing them could stand in the shoes of the relatives of those who died in these tragedies then maybe they would think twice.'
I don't like Liverpool, I am far from the only United fan who feels that way. I have walked passed the memorial outside Hillsborough on many occasions as I live in South Yorkshire and have been to the stadium on many occasions. I don't dare sing songs about Hillsborough or Heysel. There is line that people should not cross and hope that someday sick chants about such disasters as Munich and Hillsborough will be a thing of the past.

#2 ·
Would never sing one of those songs but this gets done every year to the point where it gets annoying . You are wasting your breath .
There will always people who do things like that trust me .
ALWAYS
Still ain't heard a single liverpool fan apologise to evra for the way they treated him though

#3 ·
it`ll never go away.there is simply too much hate and poison between us and the vermin.we had to endure them and leeds to a great degree mocking munich long before hillsborough and heysel happened,liverpool quietened down to a certain extent when hillsborough happened and we got our idiots landing digs about hillsborough.the reason liverpool fans do it is that they have absolutely no ammo right now to throw at united fans cause they`ve acted like fools and have been mediocre for so long so they frequently call us munichs to in their heads score points.they`re not changing their ways anytime soon,they`ll be doing aeroplane gestures and singing disgusting sh*t in two weeks time when we play them.all we can do is try and stop our own gang stooping to this sh*t

#4 ·
It's the effect of being in a crowd though. You would be hard stretched to find someone who would sing such songs on their own while sober, especially at a place with relevance to the tragedy. You're talking proper scum bags if you do.

But being in a crowd, you feel anonymous, invincible say. Then you have the crowd effect. You consider everyone around you as proper fans. If you don't join in, then you feel less superior. Not doing your part of a 'real fan' So you sing the songs, no matter the context. 'Real fans' hate rival teams, so however they can disrespect them, they'll do it. It's sad and pathetic, but unless these fans develop a sense of morals then it wont stop. Their is such a lack of class in society today, it's demoralising to witness.

My respect goes out to those who are in grief.

#5 ·
The thing is that there is no excuse for singing about a tragedy like Munich or Hillsborough. That has nothing to do with football. It doesn't make you more of a fan or more loyal by doing it. if you just sing it to fit in then you're even worse, because you're allowing yourself to be a sheep to the sick scumbags who start it.

I hate Liverpool. I hate everything that they represent. I think we all do. Radio 1 played 'You'll Never Walk Alone' this afternoon in tribute to the victims and the families. I had to change the station immediately. I agree with the sentiment. But I've built up so much hate towards that monotonous never-ending dirge over the years that I just couldn't sit through it.

I would say that those who sing songs about Hillsborough make me ashamed to be a United fan. But they don't because they aren't United fans. They barely even qualify as human beings. The whole idea of singing Hillsborough songs is naturally to incense Liverpool fans. The thing is however that they will just sing songs about Munich even louder which will in turn rile the United fans even more. So what you have in the end is X number of morons shouting mockery about a tragedy at another bunch of morons who are shouting mockery at another tragedy. It's the very definition of the word retarded.

Look at the world that we live in today though. You've got people out there who troll the Facebook pages of dead kids. You've got hate, scorn and mockery about just about everything oozing out of every computer, television and radio so is it any surprise that this happens. These are the same kind of people who make noise during a minute's silence before a match. The same type who throw projectiles at players during a match. It doesn't matter to them and there is no reasoning with them. They are moral-free scumbags. I'm sure you all know the type to which I'm referring. If it was possible to locate every one of them who sing songs of this type and ban them for the rest of their miserable lives from football grounds across the country then that's what should happen. But it's obviously not practical and proving guilt would be nigh impossible.

The best thing that people can do to these horrible cunts is ignore them. The weak will find it difficult to resist joining in and operating under the misguided belief that it makes them a 'real fan'. The others will find it impossible to hide their disgust. But if the United and Liverpool fans came together just once and the tragedy mocking songs simply fell upon deaf ears then maybe these clowns would just stop. Not because they want to or had some kind of epiphany about a life with morals in which they aren't an irredeemable piece of shit. But rather just because their songs mocking the dead simply have no impact anymore.

G
#6 ·
The thing is that there is no excuse for singing about a tragedy like Munich or Hillsborough. That has nothing to do with football. It doesn't make you more of a fan or more loyal by doing it. if you just sing it to fit in then you're even worse, because you're allowing yourself to be a sheep to the sick scumbags who start it.

I hate Liverpool. I hate everything that they represent. I think we all do. Radio 1 played 'You'll Never Walk Alone' this afternoon in tribute to the victims and the families. I had to change the station immediately. I agree with the sentiment. But I've built up so much hate towards that monotonous never-ending dirge over the years that I just couldn't sit through it.

I would say that those who sing songs about Hillsborough make me ashamed to be a United fan. But they don't because they aren't United fans. They barely even qualify as human beings. The whole idea of singing Hillsborough songs naturally to incense Liverpool fans. The thing is however that they will just sing songs about Munich even louder which will in turn rile the United fans even more. So what you have in the end is X number of morons shouting mockery about a tragedy at another bunch of morons who are shouting mockery at another tragedy. It's the very definition of the word retarded.

Look at the world that we live in today though. You've got people out there who troll the Facebook pages of dead kids. You've got hate, scorn and mockery about just about everything oozing out of every computer, television and radio so is it any surprise that this happens. These are the same kind of people who make noise during a minute's silence before a match. The same type who throw projectiles at players during a match. It doesn't matter to them and there is no reasoning with them. They are moral-free scumbags. I'm sure you all know the type to which I'm referring. If it was possible to locate every one of them who sing songs of this type and ban them for the rest of their miserable lives from football grounds across the country then that's what should happen. But it's obviously not practical and proving guilt would be nigh impossible.

The best thing that people can do to these horrible cunts is ignore them. The weak will find it difficult to resist joining in and operating under the misguided belief that it makes them a 'real fan'. The others will find it impossible to hide their disgust. But if the United and Liverpool fans came together just once and the tragedy mocking songs simply fell upon deaf ears then maybe these clowns would just stop. Not because they want to or had some kind of epiphany about a life with morals in which they aren't an irredeemable piece of shit. But rather just because their songs mocking the dead simply have no impact anymore.
This post wants quoting over and over again and it should have the most number of 'likes' of all time because any true football supporter cannot fail to like and agree with your every word.

Spot on Spoony (y)

#10 ·
I can't abide Liverpool F.C especially since the Suarez row last season.However the families of the 96 fans have my undying sympathy.
I think we United fans should be above chanting about human tragedy in order to wind up opposing fans.We should police this ourselves and just ban/eject/remove the perpetrators.
If opposing fans persist in Munich chanting we should not respond by crawling down into the gutter with them.

#12 ·
I can remember that terrible day of the Hillsborough disaster it was shocking i had been there for the FA cup semi United V Derby in 1976 there were 55, thousand packed in and yes it felt dangerous and a bit scary so when i heard the news i thought there but for the grace of God , that night i went into my local pub one of my best United mates was stood at the bar, i said terrible news today , he replied yeah but it might stop those twats singing about Munich now , fair comment ? i thought so , but he was wrong they still do it, you can not expect respect when you have none yourself , neither side is right in siging these songs but i know which side started it .

#13 ·
Well said Spoonman. New to this so forgive any errors. I was there in 76 & 77 against Derby and Leeds and it was a crush then, even compared to the old Stretford End. But these songs have to stop, and stop now. Can you imagine how Manchester United, a club we all love, would be perceived if we go to Anfield next week and sing Hillsborough songs? Not a good thought. This should be led from the top. Managers of both clubs making a joint effort. I suggest we ignore Premier League rules and send the players of both teams out with two numders on their back, 58 and 96 with the words "stop the songs now" underneath. Let it be known before that this will happen and that any fans abusing this gesture will be caught on CCTV and banned for life. We all know what we think of LFC and what they think of us but some things are far bigger than our feelings. STOP THIS NOW and God bless any Liverpool fans who have been affected by this tragedy.

#17 ·
I am still trying to think of when we have sang Hillsborough to them, they clutch at straws and think singing murderers to them is about it, when it clearly isn't.

The closest I have come to it, is singing where's your famous munich sang, the first time we went to Anfield after Hillsborough, they couldn't even look at us, the shithouse cunts knew how it felt and were simply embarrassed.

I am horrified and outraged to see that the utter divs on red cafe forum want us to sing YNWA next weekend, give me fucking strength.

G
#23 ·
I am still trying to think of when we have sang Hillsborough to them, they clutch at straws and think singing murderers to them is about it, when it clearly isn't.

The closest I have come to it, is singing where's your famous munich sang, the first time we went to Anfield after Hillsborough, they couldn't even look at us, the shithouse cunts knew how it felt and were simply embarrassed.

I am horrified and outraged to see that the utter divs on red cafe forum want us to sing YNWA next weekend, give me f**king strength.
red cafe is just one step up from the official forum and both are inhabited by complete bell ends, the large majority who haven't even been to Manchester never mind been to a match.

As for that pathetic banner being posted all over the place. Fuck that shit.

They'll always walk alone.

#19 ·
As said in another post, to reiterate what LUHG said, I have never heard a song about Hillsbrough sung at Old Trafford..."Murderers" and "Justice for Heysel", but never anything about Hillsbrough.

It doesn't help when our own fans are calling for us to 'stop singing it', because we don't (or at least I've never heard it) - so you're giving the club a reputation it shouldn't have.

#20 ·
They are all clueless idiots jumping on the grief bandwagon without having any idea of what has gone on and what has happened. take red cafe for example, I would take a guess and say none posting on the threads have been to OT let alone anfield but somehow they are in the know about this.

all this shit about being brothers in arms and US going out of our way to lick their fucking arses, I didn't see them cunts bending over backwards on our 50th anniversary of munich. They were all busy having a sing song about it at the spirit of shankley meeting.

This has really made me angry today, All these leeches who claim to support united trying to out do each other on social media by being the nicest to these lovable scousers.

#24 ·
Sorry to go slightly off topic but I just had a row with my bro (liverscum) about Hillsborough.

He was getting so touchy when I was asking questions about what happened as I seemed to lied before about being 6, I actually wasn't born (fail)

So I now believe that it was 50-50 for the fans and the police to share the blame. Honestly never researched it before today (obvious reasons)

Long story short I'd like to find out if I'm alone with this conclusion.

HELP!

G
#25 ·
Sorry to go slightly off topic but I just had a row with my bro (liverscum) about Hillsborough.

He was getting so touchy when I was asking questions about what happened as I seemed to lied before about being 6, I actually wasn't born (fail)

So I now believe that it was 50-50 for the fans and the police to share the blame. Honestly never researched it before today (obvious reasons)

Long story short I'd like to find out if I'm alone with this conclusion.

HELP!
You are, because you are completely wrong. You might like to read the facts on this thread.
http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php?threads/the-hillsborough-papers.43371/

"Statement from Sir Norman Bettison (the most senior serving police officer who, whilst off-duty, was at Hillsborough)...

"Fans' behaviour, to the extent that it was relevant at all, made the job of the police, in the crush outside Leppings Lane turnstiles, harder than it needed to be. But it didn't cause the disaster any more than the sunny day that encouraged people to linger outside the stadium as kick off approached. I held those views then, I hold them now. I have never, since hearing the Taylor evidence unfold, offered any other interpretation in public or private.""

#36 ·
i'll be at anfield for the game and am at Ot for every game.

in relation to this whole thing it's strange how so many people who don't go, or have never been to OT , or who know little of the clubs history know so much about this matter.

also isnt it ironic in a week that the press have been lambasted for creating wrongful stories and accusations over the hillsborough tradegy that they decide the next day to start a story about united and scouse chants- talk about imflamatory-was there really any need for them to start that in a week that they have been show up for incorrect,ignorant and muck raking stories in the past.

#44 ·
i'll be at anfield for the game and am at Ot for every game.

in relation to this whole thing it's strange how so many people who don't go, or have never been to OT , or who know little of the clubs history know so much about this matter.

also isnt it ironic in a week that the press have been lambasted for creating wrongful stories and accusations over the hillsborough tradegy that they decide the next day to start a story about united and scouse chants- talk about imflamatory-was there really any need for them to start that in a week that they have been show up for incorrect,ignorant and muck raking stories in the past.
Never a truer word spoken, PaulC... the media loves to pour petrol on the flames... nothing new there. Good luck at Anfield mate... cheer the lads on! I am in envy!

#37 ·

I would say that those who sing songs about Hillsborough make me ashamed to be a United fan. But they don't because they aren't United fans. They barely even qualify as human beings. The whole idea of singing Hillsborough songs is naturally to incense Liverpool fans. The thing is however that they will just sing songs about Munich even louder which will in turn rile the United fans even more. So what you have in the end is X number of morons shouting mockery about a tragedy at another bunch of morons who are shouting mockery at another tragedy. It's the very definition of the word retarded.

Spot on mate

G
#46 ·
No doubt all the scousers and scouse lovers will deny all this lot ever happened :mad:

Not my list. Full credit to Lom42 over on red issue. (y)

1984 – Munich singing (32 seconds in)

1985 – Birkenhead Munich banner at Heysel
https://p.twimg.com/AjXoJisCMAEVSCj.jpg

1985 – Munich banner at Heysel
http://i40.tinypic.com/25z2zhs.jpg

1985 – Munich banner at Heysel
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dgs661.jpg

1985 – Sammy Lee shaking hands with fans with Munich banner (4 mins 54 secs) & pic of incident

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mffdi.jpg

1985 – Barry Davies commentating (6 mins 15 secs)

1986 – Scouse jibbers (3 mins 39 secs)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7827167.stm

2005 – George Bests minutes silence at City

2006 – Shit throwers
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=362170&cc=5739

2006 – Ambulance rocking
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/feb/23/newsstory.sport1

2006 – Vandalising OT, Shipman graffiti
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4943290.stm

2007 – Munich chanting in Carlsberg ad (5-15 secs)

2007 – UEFA Champions League Final, Athens
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/may/24/championsleague20062007.politics?INTCMP=SRCH
http://www.guardian.co.uk/search?q=liverpool athens ticket&page=2&show=relevant&section=&date=date/2007
http://news.sky.com/story/518093/liverpool-fans-the-worst-in-europe-says-uefa
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2314568/Liverpool-fans-stole-final-tickets.html

???? – Munich Chanting at Spirit of Shankly meeting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHMyp_jIyw

???? – Munich chanting with inflatable aeroplanes at OT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djL5ydEfagE

???? – Munich chanting in an emptying OT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpra2Dtm3PA&feature=related

2010 – Steaua Bucharest banner
http://therepublikofmancunia.com/liverpool-scum-steaua-bucuresti-1986/

2011 – Munich chanting at FA Cup game at Old Trafford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohZB6Fa3StU

2011 – FA Cup game at Old Trafford
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...-old-trafford-fa-cup-trouble-100252-27976933/

2012 – Scouse tweet in the week of the Hillsborough report
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2mIL0UCEAEgZqZ.jpg

Juventus/Italian Banners/Heysel
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/apr/06/championsleague200405.championsleague
http://therepublikofmancunia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/heysel.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/stayathomedad/Juventusfans.jpg (Juve fans fight for justice)
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/623604/thumbs/o-HEYSEL-570.jpg?4
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/i...cm07oTPV85zdA25PFKVZH8jJU73-NWFgCv2qy0_qRbbbw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.