Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Agent Niki Spilevski revealed that the 27-year-old will leave North London this summer, following crunch talks with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

“I can officially confirm that a short time ago Alexander decided that he will leave Arsenal and join another club,” he said.

Wenger was livid upon learning that Hleb held talks with Inter officials before the end of the season, and threatened to banish the player to the reserves.

The Frenchman feared Hleb would enact article 17, a FIFA rule that allows players to buy out their own contract if they have played in a particular country for a certain amount of time.

But Spilevski denied that his client would exploit the clause, and insisted that Hleb’s future should be sorted during the week.

“We are not using article 17 of the FIFA rule,” he said. “I can’t tell you anything about where he will be playing yet.

“Talks are underway, and I don’t have the right to make them public. I think that the issue of his new club will be clarified in the next few days.”

So it's more or less a done thing. Hleb's outta there. I wonder how this will affect Arsenal next season?

I'm reluctant to predict their failure because that's what everyone said last season and they certainly exceeded expectations. We'll see.

Source: Goal.com ==> http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=708508

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Nasri is his direct replacement...imo thats quality for quality BUT helb had to go through an adaption period in his first season and I think the same has to be done to Nasri before he really makes a huge impact like helb has this season so its really good for us at the moment lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts