Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys deserve a thread of their own in here.
They demolished Italy, then they swept aside the French...
They look awesome and will be very hard to beat.
They play like the famous Dutch sides of the 70's,
beautiful, free flowing attacking football.
How the beautiful game should be played :)

Ruud is playing amazing, as are players like Schneider, Edwin,
vdvaart and their defence. having players like Robben and VanPersie
to come off the bench is a huge bonus.
I have a feeling Holland or Spain will win the Euro's....
If they progress they wil meet in the semi's....and could be the
most exciting games in a long time...

Thoughts anyone?
Can they win it?
Do they have weaknesses?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
This video doesn't do it justice...

I know this should probably be in international football but my word this deserves an audience.

If Robben wasn't permanently injured he'd be a prince among wingers. World class, weird, weird stuff he does.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol Ill put this in the Holland thread I just made.....
That goal was amazing as were Schneider's and Van Persie's....
Ruud's trick to set up Robben who in turn passed to van Persie
was exquisite.......

I wont mention Kuyt though :p

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol Ill put this in the Holland thread I just made.....
That goal was amazing as were Schneider's and Van Persie's....
Ruud's trick to set up Robben who in turn passed to van Persie
was exquisite.......

I wont mention Kuyt though :p
Kuyt perhaps might be the definition of "fluke". ;)

But the rest of them Dutch characters, incredible.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I couldnt believe it.

They owned both the World Champions and the Runners up. They are playing really fantastic football.

Its great to see VDS and Ruud doing so well.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Well said.They deserve this thread.One thing is sure-for now one,Holland is playing the best football on Euro.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Who the heck is Schneider??
Are you talking about the Real Madrid star?
Wesley Sneijder?

Yeah Holland have an amazing team and I always liked them...they have good coach and top class squad with players such as RVN, VDS, Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie, Babel (injured i know), Huntelaar, Heitinga, Van der Vaart, Bouma and etc...

They should be a real strong contender along with Spain and Portugal. France have been very dissapointing imo really...they have such a great team too but I blame the manager and his choice of personell and tactics which cost them especially in the first game as I am not a huge fan of 2 dmc in the middle of the park and which is maybe why they lacked creativity in either games. They have a strong defence with Gallas, Evra, Abidal, Thuram, Sagnol and etc which has heaps of expereince but and they have good dmc's like Viera and Makalele...they have good wingers in Malouda and Ribery and attackers are awesome with the likes of Henry, Anelka and Benzema and other creative players like Nasri and they are really underperforming. I tipped Holland and France to make the group but if France want to do well in this years Euro comp then they seriously need to start getting the tactics right. A squad of their quality should be a contender.

Spain started off well but don't they usually do that and just fade away? They have an awesome attack with Torres and Villa and imagine if they brought Raul along?!! But I think their weakness is the wings as they do not have any world class wingers...Silva looked okay but the Russians did out play them on the wings. If they had Vicente and Joaquin then it would be a different story but they didn't make the squad because of injuries (correct me if I am wrong as I am not 100% certain). Their centre mid looks great and strikers too and defence with Ramos and Puyol and Casillas also look good but the wingers are a problem and if they play a team who put in heaps of crosses in like Croatia did vs Germany then I would not be surprised if we see Croatia upset Spain.

Germany for me was never likely to win the Euro 08...they were the favourites but why? Ballack factor? Croatia fustrated him so much he had to start chopping players because they were passing him with so much ease. For me they never seemed a thread to be honest and I was quite amazed at the bookies who made them real strong contenders. Yes they have a team with some good players like Lahm, Ballack, Podolski but they do not have overall class and quality all over the pitch with players like Jansen and Fritz and Lehman who have no idea what they are doing on the pitch lol

For me its Holland or Portugal to be the most likley to win the tournament and if France can get it right from now maybe they will be later on contenders and Spain is up their as well but I think it will be Deja vu for them and will live up to their underacheiving champions tag (I also think their coach is really dumb). Croatia for me since I am supporting them is also a team I can see winning the Euro 08. If Greece can win it, so can Croatia!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
They have all these qualities but the one they lack is ... PATIENCE !!!

Twice Romania played them in qualifying ...

And trust me ... Holland were as good then as they are now !!!

In both games Holland absolutely murdered Romania !!!

But our defence is rock solid ... They never waver and are strong as a wall !!

They remind me of Rocky Bilboa ...

You can attack them, attack them and attack them some more ...

And they will stand there and say "Come on, come on, let's do it".

Then you get too confident, and too clever and make a mistake ....

And Mutu will score !!!!

Three times we did this to them ... we make 2 wins and 1 draw !!!!

Italy and France came out thinking this is easy 3 points for them !!!

Now, when we beat Holland they can get on the plane and go home !!!

And learn some respect for the smaller teams !!!

Holland will change their team, rest players, they will not be the same
team we have seen so far.

I feel very confident we will beat Holland .....

This is always the plan ...

1 point from France ...

1 point from Italy ...

Then defeat Holland AGAIN !!!!

HAI Romania ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts