Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
France coach Raymond Domenech believes the Netherlands will lie down for Romania in their final group game, which in effect will knock both his side and Italy out of Euro 2008.

France and Italy have both failed to beat the Romanians and lost heavily to the Netherlands, which leaves Euro 2008's Group of Death more delicately poised than anyone would have imagined going into the final round of games tomorrow evening.

Domenech's men must win and hope other results go their way in order to qualify, while Italy may be able to progress with a score draw if results go their way. However, if the Romanians fail to win against the Netherlands, then if Italy-France produces a winner, they will progress to the quarterfinals.

There are several finer details surrounding each scenario, but the bottom line, according to the ever-controversial Domenech, is that the Netherlands will make it easy for Romania to progress to the last eight by fielding a weakened team, given that they have already secured first place in the group.

"Our game against Italy will not be decisive. It's the other match that matters," insisted the French boss.

"My opinion is Holland will make wholesale changes for the game on Tuesday night and it is already written that Romania will qualify with them from the group."

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Pathetic little French man moaning now that his team has
already made a big mess of their campaign !!!!!!!

You got your ass whooped by Holland, you treated Romania
like a third world football nation, now you pay the price of
this Ooooooh la la.

I always prayed for 1 point from France, 1 point from Italy
and to beat Holland !!

Holland have every right to rest players !!

Why shouldn't they ?

They have earned the right to do this !!

Romania has earned the right to be right in among
the reckoning for this group.

Maybe they play boring football sometimes.

What do you expect them to do for goodness sake.

Every team in this group has players much, much better than ours.

We must fight and scrounge for every scrap we can ...

And if we emerge from this group into the quarter finals
I hope France and Italy can recognise they have been undone
by a virtually amateur team ....

BUT AN AMATEUR TEAM WITH BIG, BIG HEARTS !!!!!!!!

Then this clown Domenech can go home and shut up !!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
isn't this obvious - mind games - something similar SAF did when he attacked Bolton players of partying rather than preparing for the Chelsea match prior to the last match of the season. then bolton manager sent him an sms:"great teamtalk . thanks "

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Pathetic little French man moaning now that his team has
already made a big mess of their campaign !!!!!!!

You got your ass whooped by Holland, you treated Romania
like a third world football nation, now you pay the price of
this Ooooooh la la.

I always prayed for 1 point from France, 1 point from Italy
and to beat Holland !!

Holland have every right to rest players !!

Why shouldn't they ?

They have earned the right to do this !!

Romania has earned the right to be right in among
the reckoning for this group.

Maybe they play boring football sometimes.

What do you expect them to do for goodness sake.

Every team in this group has players much, much better than ours.

We must fight and scrounge for every scrap we can ...

And if we emerge from this group into the quarter finals
I hope France and Italy can recognise they have been undone
by a virtually amateur team ....

BUT AN AMATEUR TEAM WITH BIG, BIG HEARTS !!!!!!!!

Then this clown Domenech can go home and shut up !!
Dont get co.cky carly....
They didnt treat Romania like a '3rd world football nation' :rolleyes:
They just failed to score against you....It happens..

Domenech has a right to come out and say these things. Why cant he?
He is trying to gain every little advantage possible for his team. Thats what
managers do.

You are right in saying Holland have the right to rest players.....
They DO have the right, whether or not its the right thing to do or not remains
to be seen.

You make out you are an amateur team :rolleyes: Gimme a break C.....
Im happy for you that Romania are doing well and have a chance of
qualifying but there is no need to rub it in all the time. Being dignified and
gracious is what its all about, whether you win or lose ;)

Either way, Romania wont get through imo...they will lose or draw to Holland
and France or Italy will go through.... (unless they draw of course :rolleyes: )

Good luck and may the best team progress.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Alongside Italy and France they are amateur, lol.

We have Mutu of course who is pretty good.

Cristian Chivu ...
Dorin Goian ...

Then it does go downhill a bit fast ... :eek:

But that French Clown gets me mad as hell.

If Italy/France is a draw we just have to draw ...

So many combinations ...

But only one conclusion ... :confused:

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
does anyone know what the technical details are?

i.e. if romania lose and france and italy draw. all teams have two points and all teams drew with each other on the head to head, what would happen?

Z

·
0 Posts
Goal difference I would imagine.

Italy and France are both on -3 and Romania are on 0

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedAdam said:
does anyone know what the technical details are?

i.e. if romania lose and france and italy draw. all teams have two points and all teams drew with each other on the head to head, what would happen?
Goal difference. Then Romania will go through providing they dont get thumped
by the Dutch....cos the French and Italians lost by 3 goals so they are in the -

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
France and Italy both hoping Holland save their skin with win over Romania

When the draw for Euro 2008 was made, the game between France and Italy stood out above all others for the potential quality of the football. Yet the build-up to tonight's repeat of the 2006 World Cup final has become clouded by dark conspiracy theories.

Both teams are well aware that they will be eliminated if Romania beat Group C winners Holland and both managers know that, win or lose, this could be their last match for the national team.

"I couldn't stand another 'fixed' match like that 2-2 draw between Denmark and Sweden four years ago," Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon said. "I trust in the sportsmanship of the Dutch, and I also hope Van Basten remembers he is a friend of [manager] Roberto Donadoni's and of Italy in general."

At the time, Denmark and Sweden both denied suggestions that they had contrived to secure the desired result.

However, the temperature rose here yesterday when Romania coach Victor Piturca said it would be in Holland's interest to lose to his team. "For their own good they should not play against France and Italy in the semi-finals," he said.

Italy cling to the hope that Buffon's dramatic late penalty save from Adrian Mutu last Friday might yet prove to be the pivotal moment in their campaign. Had the spot kick gone in, they would have been eliminated.

The recent history of the dramatic finals between Italy and France - in Euro 2000 and the 2006 World Cup - has also added to the tension.

Defensively, Italy have been unrecognisable in this tournament, while France, who are still without Patrick Vieira, have bemoaned the talismanic absence of Zinedine Zidane. "It's in these really tough situations that we like to talk about former players," said Franck Ribery. "He had to stop, but he is sorely missed by the French team. We have to learn how to play differently."

France coach Raymond Domenech will surpass two of his predecessors, Aime Jacquet and Roger Lemerre, by taking charge of his 54th international tonight, though his future is uncertain. "I will support Domenech to the last; we are, if you like, a tandem," said Jean-Pierre Escalettes, the president of the French Football Federation. "I am not a disloyal man. I am for him staying till 2010. But it is also true that other things may come into play which will have to be taken into consideration."

Donadoni's position, however, looks even more tenuous after he was told by Italian Federation president Giancarlo Abete that there would be "no excuses" should Italy fall at the first hurdle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
sincerely, I don't think we pass......holland will not risk injuries, yellow cards...they'll not play a true match and this is understandable, send out Italy and France is worthwile for them...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It would throw the tournament wide open if the French and Italians get knocked out. Portugal and Germany are meeting in the quarter-finals so another of the favourites will be getting knocked out then.

I think it's great to have underdog nations like Croatia, Turkey and Romania still in the mix.

S

·
0 Posts
Well that first post turned out to be a load of trash talk. :D
Bye Bye France. lmao.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts